Autodesk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Submitted my resume and work samples through their online job application. Received an email from an Autodesk recruiter a month later. The recruiter arranged a phone interview with me and was very accommodating to my schedule. We spent half an hour having a friendly conversation on the phone. We discussed the product and ways to improve it. She asked specific questions that clarified the role and experience level. I didn't do too well on these questions since I don't have much experience in product management. By the end of our chat it was clear I was not qualified for the job, but she was still interested in my background and asked if she could forward my information to another department that was looking for someone with my background.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience estimating and managing a project budget? If so, can you describe how you managed a project's cost?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner and Od Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

Long and inclusive;

Negotiation

Reasonable; not prolonged; you want to work for them or you do not.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the taleo system. And was able to secure an interview with the manager. There were two interviews, first was in person and the second was online (hangouts). The interview was pretty smooth as the manager was a very amiable guy and explained the basics job requirements to me and the bigger picture where this position fits in. He asked about my projects listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• He suggested, "How about instead of me asking you questions, why don't you ask me what you would like to know about the position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was good so no negotiation necessary

Interview

Started with 30 minute phone interview with Autodesk recruiter, followed by an onsite 3 people panel interview. All people I met in the process (from recruiters to receptionist to interviewers) were professionally dressed and very polite. The recruiters did a good job sending emails and agenda for the interview. Needs to bring personal computer to interview for a brief presentation.

Interview Questions

• Need to make a recommendation based on given example business case. Very little time to prepare, need to think quickly.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

My experience for me was not good. I had an on site Interview and I thought the manager was rude. I was in the middle of one of my interviews with an engineer, and he interrupted it without letting me finish. He told me I had no chance and asked me to leave.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I submitted an application through the career portal and had an interview request within a couple weeks. I exchanged a couple emails with the hiring manager before doing a phone interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer's first question to me was "Do you have any questions?" which kind of threw me. Of course I have questions! Discussion focused almost entirely on my experience with particular pieces of software. I had to ask very direct questions to get information about the position beyond what was published in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Before the interviewer had said anything about the position (or anything else) I was asked "Do you have any questions?"   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Process took about three to four weeks after I posted an application on their web portal and started with a phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I was put in touch with the hiring manager and had another 30 minute screening call in which the same questions were asked (why do you want to leave your current job, why auto desk, etc.). The recruiter got back to me within 24 hours to let me know they would like to go forward with in-house interviews. The in-house interviews consisted of 6 30-minute interviews in person with varying levels of employees and management. All of the interviews were similar in content so once I got through the first few, my answers were well-rehearsed. I felt the focus was more on how well I collaborate with different personalities rather than technical expertise, but that could be because they were comfortable with my resume experience as I was over-qualified for the position. After the in-house interviews, I was contacted again by the recruiter within 24 hours to let me know the team liked me so much they wanted me to interview for a different, more senior role and brought me back to me 5 additional people for 30 minute interviews each the following week. The interviews were similar and all interviewers were extremely friendly. I received a written offer within 24 hours and was given 4 days to accept. I attempted to negotiate a higher salary to no avail, which they were very cordial about, and I accepted the offer anyways.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about a difficult project you successfully led, tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor and how you handled it, how would your boss describe you, tell me about some experiences you have collaborating with people with differing backgrounds   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I told my current employer about the offer, they offered me financial incentive to stay for an additional 6-8 weeks. When I approached Autodesk about this, they were cordial but were not flexible on my start date or compensation. I felt they were sincere in their effort to accommodate me, but at the end of the day they weren't able to compromise. I think their initial offer was generous (and more than my current salary), so I accepted the offer anyways.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Had 2 interviews - One with hiring manager and with other manager. Had general questions asked - walk through your resume, why product management, why Autodesk, any questions for the me?. Did not get any response, reject from them after both the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Which product of Autodesk do you find most interesting? Why? What would you change?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

2.5 weeks from submitting application online to the initial phone screen with an internal recruiter (pretty typical questions: why Autodesk, compensation range, availability). Several days later I had a phone interview with a manager, during which we talked about my background, my portfolio, and the team & role. We set up on-site interviews for the same week. I received a UX task to complete beforehand. On-site interviews: I met with 6 members of the team (UX manager, designers, product managers, director). I discussed my solution to the UX task, walked through a couple of projects in my portfolio, and talked about how familiar I was with the Agile development process, how I generally work with a team, how I resolved conflicts, what tech skills/knowledge I had, what I do to keep my design skills fresh, etc. Everyone was very friendly and seemed like they enjoyed being there. The office typically empties out by 5:30-6pm. I got a verbal offer over the phone a week later and started the background check (4 weeks after I applied online). They sent over the written offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Redesign a particular feature. I was given business & user requirements, a few things they'd looked at as part of a competitive analysis, and asked to deliver wireframes. Time limit was about 90 minutes. Not unexpected, but it was the shortest time limit I've had on a design task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was above the range I asked for, so I didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager alone who seemed to like me. I got the offer news 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you discover you no longer enjoy the internship after a while?   Answer Question