Autodesk

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn and we connected with a quick phone screen. Once she determined I was qualified she scheduled an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager which led to a follow up with that person's manager.

The next step was a day long on site interview where I met with almost 20 people. Most of the interviews were an hour long and comprised of two employees asking me questions. There were a couple of phone interviews as well. The day concluded with a group presentation of my work to all the people I interviewed with and then some.

Several people I met had lofty titles but could not explicitly tell me what they did on a day to day basis. I met very few people who were hands on.

Interview Questions
    • Does this job scare you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a product that hasn't been well received by the community but won't be updated for quite a while?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Autodesk.

Pleasant and straightforward

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be good at this job?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Autodesk.

Straight forward; on-site interview after phone interview. Offered after two weeks from on-site interview.

Senior Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Autodesk.

Started as contract to hire. Contract company found me, sent me in for an in person interview where I was given and dataset and told to come up with a proposal based on the data. It very much felt like a test. The rest of the interview was talking about my thought process and suggestions. IT was very intense. Luckily I found out it's like this for everyone.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated with the contract company.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autodesk.

Phone interview with portfolio walkthrough followed by onsite interviews with 5 people in design team. Mostly portfolio review with lots of probing questions.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in November 2012.

one phone interview - two in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a really difficult questions, but I did have to use the product and submit a simple design.   Answer Question

Another better offer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk in October 2012.

Initially contacted by a recruiter. Two phone interviews by the recruiter, one by the hiring manager. Waited 4 months before hearing back. Was brought in for 2 face to face interviews. The first 3 interviews were with the hiring manager and team members. Second 3 with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Asked about details in the resume, why do you want to leave your current job, why Autodesk, past and present sales performance. A few questions from senior management about how to solve their current issues.   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk in October 2012.

I applied for this position through Autodesk career website directly. About two weeks later, Autodesk HR contacted me by e-mail. And we had the initial phone interview. She just asked me very basic questions, why Autodesk, compensation range and visa status.

A few days later, the recruiter set up the 1on1 on-site meeting with the hiring manager instead of phone interview. It went well, the hiring manager was really friendly. We discussed about my background, portfolio and about the position details. At the end of the interview, she told me she is going to bring me to the team on-site interview.

Two weeks later after the last meeting, I went their office again and meet four people in person. It was normal 1on1 interviews, and pretty much the same as hiring manager's interview.

Further two weeks later, hiring manager requested me by e-mail to try some UX design task to make sure how I'm going to deal with UX design problem. And I proposed her my design idea in person. At the end of the interview, she told me she really likes my way of thinking, so the team wants to give me an offer.

And then one week later, recruiter contacted and sent me the official letter! Entire process was really appropriate and solid. My impression was pretty positive for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me the most difficult situation ever you had in the process of design. And how did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. They really treat the employees well.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk.

Phone screened by a recruiter, then the hiring manager. After that I had 1x1 interviews with everyone on the hiring managers staff (6 people) over the course of a few weeks. Interview questions were very open ended. The biggest thing they were looking for was whether I could fit into their culture. I didn't really know why the asked until after I started. The culture of the group I was going to required consensus building to an extreme level.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't receive any technical or unexpected questions. All the questions were very straight forward and basic.   Answer Question
    They told me what the salary range for the level I was being hired in at. They put me right in the middle of the range which was more than what I was making before. For me it was pretty straight forward and easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

We are in a special division of Autodesk--a finite element simulation department bought by Autodesk. It requires high education level (mostly Ph.D.) in the relevant field. So the job interview is kind of informal. Basically we would ask about your experience. It is relatively easy to figure out if one is qualified. But other positions, such as GUI developers, do have to take some standard tests (e.g. C++).

Interview Questions
    • In our field, no. If you are in the field, you are in. If you are close, you'll need some one to refer you, and most of time we (developers) will let you in.   Answer Question
    Didn't really have a chance with the former employer, who was bought by Autodesk. I've heard other coworkers who was hired by Autodesk after our acquisition. They did not get any room for negotiation--maybe because the special situation that they were hired into our group.