Autodesk

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

Senior Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in March 2013.

I applied via linkedin profile and i got the callback from a recruiter in two weeks for a phone screen. Phonescreen roughly lasted for about 40mins and it went very well; I spoke to an engineer who's very friendly and knowledgeable.
    Next day recruiter reached out to me and shared the feedback was very positive and gave a headsup that i should expect to hear from scheduling team for an onsite schedule in the next few hours. After two days i didn't hear from scheduling, i sent a followup email. Following day i was asked for an onsite availability and an all day onsite was scheduled at their one market office. I met with roughly 7 people from 10:00AM to 4:30pm and this too went really well. Within two days recruiter reaches out to me and shares the company benefits brochure, tells me feedback was very positive and the team would like to have me onboard, about the plans to send an offer and inquires what i am making with my current position.

I was very honest about my pay with my current employer and explained how their pay structure is different than other firms, how/why i liked the job@autodesk, the team and emphasized salary is negotiable and am open to take a paycut. To be honest, i had the same conversation with recruiter well before the phone screen was scheduled. The next day, recruiter reaches out to me and asks if i could share a paystub to validate my pay with present employer, which i promptly sent. This is where the fun begins.. the next day recruiter calls me up and shares the info that hiring manager would like to kickoff the background check in parallel to fasten the process and have me take another 40min phone screen with a person in their singapore office.

I was little surprised by change in the course, though i took the phone screen and then i was invited for another onsite for 3hrs next day. I met with 4 more persons of the team and this was a panel. After two days i get a system generated email saying how awesome my skillset was and how much they enjoyed the conversation, but they had to pass me for another candidate.

While i understand there could be different factors in selecting candidates or overturning the earlier decisions, I felt it was downright stupid approach to mislead a prospective applicant have them share sensitive information such as social and then retract the verbal offer(?). You could just be honest about your decisions.

Overall i felt there's no transparency or clarity in the entire process. The real ticker here is the reqid in the interview sheet and emails were different. When asked why is that, i was told by hiring manager that they have multiple positions open and the panel has people from different teams. So, being said that i think it was fair for me to say, it was purely illogical and haphazard interview experience i had so far.

Interview Questions
    • How could you transfer chunks of files (>1TB) over network and how would you design a solution ?   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn and we connected with a quick phone screen. Once she determined I was qualified she scheduled an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager which led to a follow up with that person's manager.

The next step was a day long on site interview where I met with almost 20 people. Most of the interviews were an hour long and comprised of two employees asking me questions. There were a couple of phone interviews as well. The day concluded with a group presentation of my work to all the people I interviewed with and then some.

Several people I met had lofty titles but could not explicitly tell me what they did on a day to day basis. I met very few people who were hands on.

Interview Questions
    • Does this job scare you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a product that hasn't been well received by the community but won't be updated for quite a while?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Autodesk.

Pleasant and straightforward

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be good at this job?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Autodesk.

Straight forward; on-site interview after phone interview. Offered after two weeks from on-site interview.

Senior Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Autodesk.

Started as contract to hire. Contract company found me, sent me in for an in person interview where I was given and dataset and told to come up with a proposal based on the data. It very much felt like a test. The rest of the interview was talking about my thought process and suggestions. IT was very intense. Luckily I found out it's like this for everyone.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated with the contract company.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autodesk.

Phone interview with portfolio walkthrough followed by onsite interviews with 5 people in design team. Mostly portfolio review with lots of probing questions.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in November 2012.

one phone interview - two in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a really difficult questions, but I did have to use the product and submit a simple design.   Answer Question

Another better offer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk in October 2012.

Initially contacted by a recruiter. Two phone interviews by the recruiter, one by the hiring manager. Waited 4 months before hearing back. Was brought in for 2 face to face interviews. The first 3 interviews were with the hiring manager and team members. Second 3 with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Asked about details in the resume, why do you want to leave your current job, why Autodesk, past and present sales performance. A few questions from senior management about how to solve their current issues.   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk in October 2012.

I applied for this position through Autodesk career website directly. About two weeks later, Autodesk HR contacted me by e-mail. And we had the initial phone interview. She just asked me very basic questions, why Autodesk, compensation range and visa status.

A few days later, the recruiter set up the 1on1 on-site meeting with the hiring manager instead of phone interview. It went well, the hiring manager was really friendly. We discussed about my background, portfolio and about the position details. At the end of the interview, she told me she is going to bring me to the team on-site interview.

Two weeks later after the last meeting, I went their office again and meet four people in person. It was normal 1on1 interviews, and pretty much the same as hiring manager's interview.

Further two weeks later, hiring manager requested me by e-mail to try some UX design task to make sure how I'm going to deal with UX design problem. And I proposed her my design idea in person. At the end of the interview, she told me she really likes my way of thinking, so the team wants to give me an offer.

And then one week later, recruiter contacted and sent me the official letter! Entire process was really appropriate and solid. My impression was pretty positive for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me the most difficult situation ever you had in the process of design. And how did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. They really treat the employees well.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk.

Phone screened by a recruiter, then the hiring manager. After that I had 1x1 interviews with everyone on the hiring managers staff (6 people) over the course of a few weeks. Interview questions were very open ended. The biggest thing they were looking for was whether I could fit into their culture. I didn't really know why the asked until after I started. The culture of the group I was going to required consensus building to an extreme level.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't receive any technical or unexpected questions. All the questions were very straight forward and basic.   Answer Question
    They told me what the salary range for the level I was being hired in at. They put me right in the middle of the range which was more than what I was making before. For me it was pretty straight forward and easy.