Autodesk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Autodesk in April 2014.

Interview Details – I just finished the first phone interview. The interviewer was really nice but the questions were hard. I was asked 5-6 questions and some are really easy, but some are really, hm....new to me. Like he asked me what is activity and intent when you write an Android program.

Interview Question – How would you design an application if it is supposed to keep running for 20 years without rebooting.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Manchester, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Autodesk in January 2009.

Interview Details – They flew me over, did several one-on- one interviews, the staff was friendly.HNowever, despite my several follow up messages, after flying me over and spending a whole day, they did not give any response. i found this weird as the interview had gone smooth. It is OK that they may not have thought I was the right person, but no matter what everyone deserves a response. Dead silence is not the curtous way to handle things.

Interview Question – How do you handle garbage collection in c#?   Answer Question

Technical Lead - GIS Interview

Technical Lead - GIS
Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 4 separate phone calls:

- one from Autodesk's internal recruiter to set up an initial interview with the hiring manager
- a one-hour interview with the hiring manager
- 2 follow up interviews each an hour long and each with a small group

The schedule (date, time, conference line number and passcodes) were all coordinated by Autodesk and communicated to me by email. All interviews followed a similar format: introductions, an explanation of the interview structure, and the actual interview questions themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you regret getting a person (or group) involved in a business situation. Explain the situation and the outcome.   Answer Question
  • Explain how you approach problem solving, specifically the things you'll do before making a difficult decision.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you've had to be creative.   Answer Question
  • Describe the best presentation you ever gave. Describe how you prepared for it, how you delivered it, and specific things that made your realize how distinctive or effective the presentation was.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to make and deliver an unpopular decision.   View Answer

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!