Autodesk

Autodesk Marketing Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autodesk in June 2011.

I was screened by HR who was nice enough. He explained the positioned was managed by 2 people overseas in a country with an 8 hours time difference, that was the first bad sign. International management situations with cultural differences, recipe for disaster. I was told the phone interview with the internationals would be a case study discussion given to me a few hours before the interview. Another bad sign and telling how these engineer types with poor communication skills think. They didn't even bother to introduce themselves, their role or position the job in a positive way at all. One hour of pandering on hypothetical nonsense. A backwards interviewing culture that has no concept of employer brand or talent management.

Interview Questions
  • Where would you find information on companies?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in November 2009.

The people I interviewed with were smart, enthusiastic and responsive. They did not try any scare tactics or leave me hanging at any point, which is always much appreciated!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autodesk in September 2008.

Initial phone screening by HR, then phone screening by hiring manager. Then 3 in-person interviews at the job site (included hiring manager). Then 2 additional phone interviews (they wanted to move fast because job req was going to be closed if they didn't hire someone). Nice office in San Francisco on Market St near Ferry Building. While I was waiting in lobby / coffee area, I saw a couple informal meetings taking place on the fly, so seemed like an interactive / energetic atmosphere - a young / hip type culture that you'd expect for San Francisco.

Interview Questions
    • Questions seemed pretty standard - i.e. tell me about yourself & experience, and why you think you'd be a good fit for this role. How do you prioritize work & projects? What processes do you follow?   Answer Question

Offer wasn't strong enough to warrant changing jobs and taking on risk of starting at new company in this economy (i.e. first one hired, first one laid off). It would have been more of a lateral move for me -- even though this position would have had one direct report, that also makes the job more risky during a layoff period. I'm glad I didn't accept the job as since this time AutoDesk has had lay offs, and I'm sure its performance has suffered due to the bad economy (industries like the Auto Industry aren't doing well). Also, in talking to former employees, it sounded like the group I was considering joining may have been disfunctional with lots of politics and drama between team members (i.e. the old-school crowd that had been at the company a long time vs the newer generation of employees). Linked In was really helpful in connecting with former employees to get their insights to help me make the decision.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in December 2010.

Phone interview was comfortable, with a personable interviewer who shared plenty of information about the role, the team, the work environment along with personal anecdotes which made the company that much more interesting. They were very honest and upfront about the process, how long it might take, and who to contact if I had any questions, wanted feedback or additional information.

One-to-one interview was challenging but comfortable - lots of thought-provoking questions about my experience and how it related to the role at hand.

All in all the experience was pleasant, and the follow-up feedback was well thought out.