Autodesk Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 3, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the intern by my friend's referral. The manager made a call and asked me about my expected package. He didn't ask too much about technical questions. We talked about the package, the housing, and the entry time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and couple of days later was contacted by a recruiter. I had a call with the hiring manager and was then brought on site for half day of interviews with various members of the team. They initiated a background check, but 2 days into it I was informed they had decided to go with another individual, who was more experienced than me.

Strategic Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I have had Autodesk on my professional radar for years and have always been on the look out for appropriate positions. When this position appeared, I applied online and didn't hear back. Via social media on the Autodesk site I made an inquiry and quickly got a personal response from their Social Media & Talent Brand Manager. Andrew L. was particularly wonderful adding a real personality to the company I had already fallen in love with. He connected me to a recruiter for a phone screening where I had another positive experience with Michelle K. I wish I could say I eventually got the position but unfortunately, they went with an internal candidate instead. I am heartened by the interview experience, I KNOW I'm a great fit, and I will continue to aim to work for this great company.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with C-level executives?   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I came to know about this position from Glassdor. Applied on the Autodesk career site. Got a call from the recruiter after a week. I was contacted for first round of Technical Phone interview after 3 days. After one week I was again asked for one more round of Technical Phone Interview. Recruiter said they want me to come for an onsite interview. Scheduled an interview for four and half hours. For an Automation QA position the interview panel had one senior development manager, one Architect, one Principal Engineer. No questions at all asked on QA Process/Automation Process. I was wondering for what position was I called for the interview and was surprised if I have to write Automation codes or design spacecraft. Few questions I was asked are - Write a Program to find the distance between a circle and a square on a drawing board. Write a program to print all the nodes of a binary tree. Find out the big o notation of a nested loop. What XML request is sent when a website is called. The detailed parameters sent in url, header and body. Looks like they are already decided to hire someone but to show management that they did a choice out of X people for the sake of interview formality they call people. It's a process of rejection not a selection. Not sure if this is what the policy followed for all similar jobs or it was specific only for me because they had already decided not to hire before interview and looks like they had already finalized someone else.

Interview Questions

• Write a Program to find the distance between a circle and a square on a drawing board. Write a program to print all the nodes of a binary tree. Find out the big o notation of a nested loop. What XML request is sent when a website is called and what exact response comes in XML. The detailed parameters sent in url, header and body for both the request and response.   Answer Question

Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

First had a phone screen interview with basic questions whether you know chef, puppet, other enterprise applications like jira, git, etc. Second question was about my working status. After that they asked me whether they can schedule an onsite interview. It was taken by 3 people. They tried to extract whether I was capable of working in an team and can work at odd hours. Also one of them asked me a few technical questions about unix and linux along with JIRA and Chef. Then after a few days they scheduled another interview with their off site manager.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

Emailed asking to set up a phone interview. If not near the home office, the second round interview was a Skype interview. Final decision made shortly there after. Process was about 2 weeks. Very friendly.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter. I did a phone screen with the recruiter, then a second phone screen with the hiring manager. Communication with the hiring manager was very slow, and it took more than 3 weeks to schedule the in-person interview. The interview was a pretty standard UX interview. It was an all-day interview that consisted of a portfolio presentation (1 hour), then 1:1 interviews (30 minute) with various members of the team. The 1:1 interviews were mostly about working with designers and program managers, sharing research results, and influencing without authority.

Overall, I did not think that the team was respectful of me as a candidate. The research exercise was a significant time investment, and made me quite uncomfortable since they asked me to conduct research about an Autodesk property. The hiring manager would not respond to email for a week or more. When I came in for the in-person interview, they did not reimburse me for the (quite expensive!) parking that they directed me to use. During the 1:1 interviews, only one of the interviewers gave me the opportunity to ask questions about the position or the team. After the in-person interview, it took more than two weeks for them to respond.

Interview Questions

• The research exercise was to conduct research about an Autodesk website. You are told to choose the methodology that you will use.   1 Answer

I was disappointed by the poor communication from the hiring manager and the team throughout the interview process, which made the decision easy.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Hired through an agency; very fast process (all done within a week). Three people were interviewing me. Questions were rather typical for this role. They asked for a sample of work (which is not very typical for this type of position).

Interview Questions

• Nothing really surprising; typical past experience questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A. Rate agreed upon with the contracting agency.

Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an ex-intern, applied online on Monday. Got a call the next day. Set up an interview call 2 days later i.e Thursday. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. Setup up the next interview at the end of the first call. Next interview was the very next day on Firday. Got an offer on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on my resume. My previous experience with the organizations I worked for. Pretty much had to tell my story and how I was on top of things. Some behavioral questions based on my narration of events.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initially offer a lowest scale salary for interns. Negotiated and expressed the fact that I had other offers which were paying higher and were in cities with lower cost of living. Ended up getting 30% more than what I was initially offered. Yes for an internship.

Autodesk Response

Jun 13, 2014Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

Sounds like you had a good experience with the interview process. Glad you could join!

Human Resources Business Partner and Od Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

Long and inclusive;

Negotiation

Reasonable; not prolonged; you want to work for them or you do not.