Autodesk

Autodesk Senior Interaction Designer Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autodesk.

Phone interview with portfolio walkthrough followed by onsite interviews with 5 people in design team. Mostly portfolio review with lots of probing questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Autodesk in August 2009.

The interview process usually involves a chat with an employee, who referred you, as most new hires are referrals, then a phone interview with the manage who is doing the hiring as well as their direct manager. After that you will have a panel interview with the team you'll be working with 6-30 people, but more than 12 and it will likely be broken up into separate groups. After a 1-2 hour panel interview you'll have a day's worth of 1 on 2 interviews (30-60mins) with each of the team members you'll be working with. After this each team member will evaluate you to their manager. If most team members would like to have you on the team, you'll have 1 last interview with the manager, and a phone interview with HR to discuss financials, after that you're set.

Interview Questions
    Initial pay is strongly based on years of experience and level of education earned, not a lot of wiggle room, once you're in the door that number doesn't mean too much, so don't get too hung up on it.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in January 2011.

Applied online, no reply. Applied through friend, manager contacted within 1 week. Same with other friends.
    Manager called on phone. Surprise 1st interview done by manager. Just verify work experience. Nice talk. Not difficult. Give me solve interaction design problem for homework. Not difficult. Found on another company website.
    No reply for 2 weeks. Then call company for interview. 1 interview. Some dev, designer together interview me. Easy start but then ask me solve problem. Went okay. All questions about 3D, engineering so not so easy. Asked questions and they are happy to give more information.
    Then phone interview with US. Some manager called. Ask question on experience and projects. Not so hard.
    No order in question. They ask what you talk about. Surprised so many interviews and so much time but no order. They like me. I think. Give offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Microsoft Word has a feature that allows you to create tables. When you click on the Insert tab in the ribbon, and select the Table option, you gets this:
      The aim of these exercises is to help us see how well you might fit the Interaction Designer Generation role.
      We are looking for your ability to:
      ++Identify and solve design problems at both the conceptual and detailed level
      ++Describe your design and tell us why
      it’s good
      ++Understand the people for whom you
      are designing
      Feel free to use whatever tools you feel you need, but make sure the response is your own. Provide enough illustration and written description of your designs, in whatever medium you are comfortable, to get your point across. Finished art is not necessary. Spend as much or as little time as you wish, but an hour on Part One and no more than a couple of hours on Part Two should be plenty.
      Above all: Have fun!
      If this isn’t fun, this job probably isn’t for you.

Answer Question

Friend tell me too much work. Not many know company. Not good for design career.