Autoliv Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2014
Updated Aug 3, 2014

2.6

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv in June 2014.

After getting a call from the recruiter, I was arranged the phone interview with the manager. And once passed that, onsite interview was arranged immediately.
    There are six people giving me the interview, two in a round. Each of the teams got some technical questions to test me-- two test paper with six questions each.

Interview Questions
    • Some very basic math question, such as voltage division...   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv in April 2011.

Sent resume to HR. Waited about a month. HR contacted me, emailed with HR back and forth talking position, location, etc. Talked to department manager interviewed. It was pretty easy and straight foward nothing too stressful.

Purchasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv.

I was contacted for the initial interview, it went very well they had a long sheet of situational questions, asked me to break down a BOM of a finished part they had put in front of me, also asked me to complete the "why manholes are round question."

About a week and a half later I conducted the second interview with three members of the project purchasing department. I don't believe any additional questions were really asked by the interview panel, it was more of a discussion of what I would be handling and to see if I would be interested. I received the offer about three days after that.

Interview Questions
    • None were especially difficult, pretty much your usual questions   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation. The salary was competitive for this type of internship.

Intern Interview

I got an email from my department about the position at Autoliv, sent the hiring manager my resume and cover letter, and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. I had two engineers interview me. They had a list of general interview questions (nothing technical), such as, "Tell me a time when you've demonstrated good writing qualities". The interview eventually became casual after I started asking them questions about the company. At the end of the interview, they even gave me a tour of their facility!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a teammate.   Answer Question

It seemed like a great place to work at, however I got an attractive out-of-state position that I couldn't turn down.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

interviewed at Autoliv in August 2012.

The manager spoke to me and explained the project going on . He asked whether I am interested.

Co-op Technical (Electronics Hardware) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in March 2012.

I got contact via phone after I met with them during the on campus-career fair. Then they brought me in for an on-site interview that only lasted about 45 minutes because the supervisor that was supposed to interview me was. They only asked me some basic analog electronics things involving op-amps

there wasn't a negotiation phase I was interested in the potential work and the hourly pay rate was decent

Algorithm Developer for Radars Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in July 2010.

The manager first gave me brief details about the work and kind of work i will have to do.
    Then basically asked me to explain the project works related to my masters courses and Graduate project.
    Then he gave me a small Test on basic C and C++.
    They liked my profile because i was comfortable in Matlab and Hardware.
    Got accepted the very next day.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you using Matlab and C?   Answer Question
    • Describe your coursework and Masters project and field of interests   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with the job profile and interested in the work?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gebze (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gebze (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv.

I applied for the intern position by a career website. There was 6 hours road between the place i live and the autoliv facilitate. Just a simple phone interview ( it doesn't count as interveew indeed, they give information after resume screening i guess) and I started to work. The process was quite fast, that was something good.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in November 2010.

It was an on-campus interview. A group of four people interviewed after a written test conducted. the interview was technical oriented and lasted 30 minutes. The questions were from the field of Mechanical Engineering specific to Automobiles. They gave good weightage to the projects I had done during my graduation and I was able to speak a lot on the same. The offer was made a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume indicates that you have done a lot of projects outside college apart from your course. We are really impressed that you've looked for opportunities to do projects in your semester holidays. You look like the kind of person who would want to study further and specialise on a particular topic. Why are you here to take up a Job at this stage of your career?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autoliv in June 2010.

I applied online through my school's career website and was contacted about a week later to scehdule an interview. The interview was about 2 hours long and consisted of 3 one-on-one interviews. They asked behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time..."), general questions about my work/school experience, and why I wanted to work there. They were quick to respond--I got an offer the day after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my work/school experience and how it related to the position for which I was applying.   Answer Question
    I was able to speak with an HR representative and negotiate for a higher pay. Make sure that you have done research into expected pay for your skills and the position.

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!