Autoliv

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Autoliv

Interview Details – I got an email from my department about the position at Autoliv, sent the hiring manager my resume and cover letter, and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. I had two engineers interview me. They had a list of general interview questions (nothing technical), such as, "Tell me a time when you've demonstrated good writing qualities". The interview eventually became casual after I started asking them questions about the company. At the end of the interview, they even gave me a tour of their facility!

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a teammate.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It seemed like a great place to work at, however I got an attractive out-of-state position that I couldn't turn down.

Very Easy Interview

Algorithm Developer for Radars Interview

Lowell, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in July 2010.

Interview Details – The manager first gave me brief details about the work and kind of work i will have to do.
Then basically asked me to explain the project works related to my masters courses and Graduate project.
Then he gave me a small Test on basic C and C++.
They liked my profile because i was comfortable in Matlab and Hardware.
Got accepted the very next day.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in November 2010.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview. A group of four people interviewed after a written test conducted. the interview was technical oriented and lasted 30 minutes. The questions were from the field of Mechanical Engineering specific to Automobiles. They gave good weightage to the projects I had done during my graduation and I was able to speak a lot on the same. The offer was made a few days after the interview.

Interview Question – Your resume indicates that you have done a lot of projects outside college apart from your course. We are really impressed that you've looked for opportunities to do projects in your semester holidays. You look like the kind of person who would want to study further and specialise on a particular topic. Why are you here to take up a Job at this stage of your career?   View Answer

Process Engineering (Intern) Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in after I had submitted my resume. There was a panely of 5 department heads who each had an opening for an intern in their department. They each took turn asking me interview type questions, i.e. what are your strengths, weaknesses, and what would you do in this situation. Following the battery of questions they asked me what questions I had. I asked each of them to describe what their specific department did and what they were needing an intern for. Their responses led me to state the departments I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • If their was a disagreement that arose with another co-worker, decribe the steps you would take to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Inflator Group - Engineering Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Autoliv in January 2010.

Interview Details – Basically just a sitdown with 3 engineering managers who asked all the normal interview questions. Why did you chose your major? Favorite/Least Favorite part about engineering? Asked questions about resume. No IQ type questions, no GPA questions. Very laid back.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to assume a leadership role?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autoliv interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Autoliv employees and interview candidates.