Autoliv

2.5

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autoliv.

Presentation followed by one on one discussion . Presentation was supposed to be on my previous research work. Talked to 4 different people during the One on One discussion. The total time of interview was 2 hr.

Lead Hardware Engineer Interview

In my experience, this company requires you to fill out a lot of paperwork, then jerks you around with scheduling interviews, ultimately deciding they didn't want me after all without giving a reason. I've applied twice, had to fill out an entire job application and solve 15 pages of very simple electrical problems, then hand scan all of them in before even being considered for an interview. Afterwards, interviews kept getting rescheduled last minute then nothing. Don't bother.

Interview Questions
    • Identifying some of the diodes/transistors. They use very, very odd symbols for Zeners, LEDs and Mosfets I had never seen before. But then again you can look them up.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autoliv in June 2014.

After getting a call from the recruiter, I was arranged the phone interview with the manager. And once passed that, onsite interview was arranged immediately.
    There are six people giving me the interview, two in a round. Each of the teams got some technical questions to test me-- two test paper with six questions each.

Interview Questions
    • Some very basic math question, such as voltage division...   Answer Question

Purchasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Autoliv.

I was contacted for the initial interview, it went very well they had a long sheet of situational questions, asked me to break down a BOM of a finished part they had put in front of me, also asked me to complete the "why manholes are round question."

About a week and a half later I conducted the second interview with three members of the project purchasing department. I don't believe any additional questions were really asked by the interview panel, it was more of a discussion of what I would be handling and to see if I would be interested. I received the offer about three days after that.

Interview Questions
    • None were especially difficult, pretty much your usual questions   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation. The salary was competitive for this type of internship.

Intern Interview

I got an email from my department about the position at Autoliv, sent the hiring manager my resume and cover letter, and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. I had two engineers interview me. They had a list of general interview questions (nothing technical), such as, "Tell me a time when you've demonstrated good writing qualities". The interview eventually became casual after I started asking them questions about the company. At the end of the interview, they even gave me a tour of their facility!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a teammate.   Answer Question

It seemed like a great place to work at, however I got an attractive out-of-state position that I couldn't turn down.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

interviewed at Autoliv in August 2012.

The manager spoke to me and explained the project going on . He asked whether I am interested.

Co-op Technical (Electronics Hardware) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Autoliv in March 2012.

I got contact via phone after I met with them during the on campus-career fair. Then they brought me in for an on-site interview that only lasted about 45 minutes because the supervisor that was supposed to interview me was. They only asked me some basic analog electronics things involving op-amps

there wasn't a negotiation phase I was interested in the potential work and the hourly pay rate was decent

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autoliv in April 2011.

Sent resume to HR. Waited about a month. HR contacted me, emailed with HR back and forth talking position, location, etc. Talked to department manager interviewed. It was pretty easy and straight foward nothing too stressful.

Algorithm Developer for Radars Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Autoliv in July 2010.

The manager first gave me brief details about the work and kind of work i will have to do.
    Then basically asked me to explain the project works related to my masters courses and Graduate project.
    Then he gave me a small Test on basic C and C++.
    They liked my profile because i was comfortable in Matlab and Hardware.
    Got accepted the very next day.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you using Matlab and C?   Answer Question
    • Describe your coursework and Masters project and field of interests   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with the job profile and interested in the work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Autoliv in May 2010.

30-min phone interview. Then a few rounds of mini group of interview. They asked question of previous job experience and some high level technical questions. Just don't bring a draft with you and read it out you shall be fine. Fairly informal and easy going.