Autoliv

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv in June 2014.

Interview Details – After getting a call from the recruiter, I was arranged the phone interview with the manager. And once passed that, onsite interview was arranged immediately.
There are six people giving me the interview, two in a round. Each of the teams got some technical questions to test me-- two test paper with six questions each.

Interview Question – Some very basic math question, such as voltage division...   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Engineering Coop
Ogden, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv in April 2011.

Interview Details – Sent resume to HR. Waited about a month. HR contacted me, emailed with HR back and forth talking position, location, etc. Talked to department manager interviewed. It was pretty easy and straight foward nothing too stressful.

Purchasing Intern Interview

Purchasing Intern
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv.

Interview Details – I was contacted for the initial interview, it went very well they had a long sheet of situational questions, asked me to break down a BOM of a finished part they had put in front of me, also asked me to complete the "why manholes are round question."

About a week and a half later I conducted the second interview with three members of the project purchasing department. I don't believe any additional questions were really asked by the interview panel, it was more of a discussion of what I would be handling and to see if I would be interested. I received the offer about three days after that.

Interview Question – None were especially difficult, pretty much your usual questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. The salary was competitive for this type of internship.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Autoliv

Interview Details – I got an email from my department about the position at Autoliv, sent the hiring manager my resume and cover letter, and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. I had two engineers interview me. They had a list of general interview questions (nothing technical), such as, "Tell me a time when you've demonstrated good writing qualities". The interview eventually became casual after I started asking them questions about the company. At the end of the interview, they even gave me a tour of their facility!

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a teammate.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It seemed like a great place to work at, however I got an attractive out-of-state position that I couldn't turn down.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Southfield, MI

I interviewed at Autoliv in August 2012.

Interview Details – The manager spoke to me and explained the project going on . He asked whether I am interested.

Interview Question – there was no tough question   Answer Question

Co-op Technical (Electronics Hardware) Interview

Co-op Technical (Electronics Hardware)
Lowell, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got contact via phone after I met with them during the on campus-career fair. Then they brought me in for an on-site interview that only lasted about 45 minutes because the supervisor that was supposed to interview me was. They only asked me some basic analog electronics things involving op-amps

Negotiation Details – there wasn't a negotiation phase I was interested in the potential work and the hourly pay rate was decent

Very Easy Interview

Algorithm Developer for Radars Interview

Algorithm Developer for Radars
Lowell, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in July 2010.

Interview Details – The manager first gave me brief details about the work and kind of work i will have to do.
Then basically asked me to explain the project works related to my masters courses and Graduate project.
Then he gave me a small Test on basic C and C++.
They liked my profile because i was comfortable in Matlab and Hardware.
Got accepted the very next day.

Interview Questions

Quality Assurance Department Interview

Quality Assurance Department
Gebze (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Autoliv.

Interview Details – I applied for the intern position by a career website. There was 6 hours road between the place i live and the autoliv facilitate. Just a simple phone interview ( it doesn't count as interveew indeed, they give information after resume screening i guess) and I started to work. The process was quite fast, that was something good.

Interview Question – It was just simple resume confirmation   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Autoliv in November 2010.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview. A group of four people interviewed after a written test conducted. the interview was technical oriented and lasted 30 minutes. The questions were from the field of Mechanical Engineering specific to Automobiles. They gave good weightage to the projects I had done during my graduation and I was able to speak a lot on the same. The offer was made a few days after the interview.

Interview Question – Your resume indicates that you have done a lot of projects outside college apart from your course. We are really impressed that you've looked for opportunities to do projects in your semester holidays. You look like the kind of person who would want to study further and specialise on a particular topic. Why are you here to take up a Job at this stage of your career?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autoliv in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through my school's career website and was contacted about a week later to scehdule an interview. The interview was about 2 hours long and consisted of 3 one-on-one interviews. They asked behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time..."), general questions about my work/school experience, and why I wanted to work there. They were quick to respond--I got an offer the day after my interview.

Interview Question – They asked about my work/school experience and how it related to the position for which I was applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to speak with an HR representative and negotiate for a higher pay. Make sure that you have done research into expected pay for your skills and the position.

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!