Automated Trading Desk LLC

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Automated Trading Desk LLC

Trading Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Automated Trading Desk LLC in May 2012.

Phone interview to onsite. First they tour you around the building, show you the trading desks and then you interview with all of the traders. Next two interviews with 'higher ups', mine were with the President and Risk Manager. Mostly fit questions. 3 hours long. Some skills test.

Interview Questions
    • Name alll of the things you can do with a brick in 60 seconds   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Automated Trading Desk LLC in April 2012.

College of Charleston student - had an initial phone interview and was asked to come in for a final interview at the facility. Met with several traders and a few managers. Was given some "curveball" questions to test reasoning ability

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Automated Trading Desk LLC in April 2011.

I was asked a series of basic Interview questions for an Intern position. It began with simple personality related questions such as why do you go to the school you go to. They also asked about the company itself. Typical questions that are asked in the beginning of interviews. This was then followed by questions relating to finance, such as describe the relationship of bonds and interest rates and why this is the case. They concluded the interview with quick intellect questions, one example being you have two coins, what is the chance that they both land on heads. The answer varied based on if the coin flips were dependent on each other or not.

Interview Questions
    • You have two coins, what are the chances they both land on heads.   View Answer

Programming Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Automated Trading Desk LLC in April 2008.

Interviews started with a 1/2 hour interview with the CEO. Later, 2 hr programming test with 7 questions (solve any 5). Coding questions on C++ that need usage of STL, exception-safety, singleton, thread-safety, network programming. 1.5 hour discussions with 5 team members on the programming solutions. In depth questions on the design approach, patterns, OS and networking fundamentals. Your programming solutions tell them a lot about your proficiency and servers as a good discussion starter. Later, 45 minutes problem solving questions with the team lead. Read "Programming Interviews Exposed" (2nd edition). Later 1 hr IQ test. If you can remember cell phone numbers of two new friends without repetition, don't worry! Later, 1/2 hr personality test (have you killed anybody? kind of questions). Great people, awesome office space. Company paid dinner and drinks with team members afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What exception specifications will you consider using? What is the use of std::bad_exception in the exception specification?   View Answer

Trader and Modeler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Automated Trading Desk LLC.

I interviewed in 2009. I sent my resume blind to HR and got a call back soon after. I had a technical background. The process (I was later part of hiring) consists of resume screening and one group interview. The people who you will work with gather in a room and mostly ask you about your experience, and give you a couple of brain teasers. When I worked there they probably interviewed 5 people for every one they hired. If you like silly little problems then it should be a fun interview. Just be confident

Interview Questions
    • You have two buckets - one holds exactly 5 gallons and the other 3 gallons

How can you measure out 4 gallons of water into the 5 gallon bucket ?

View Answer