Automic Software Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.2

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Automic Software.

Learned about the intern position from word of mouth and was set up with a phone interview and then an in person interview. The in-person interview was very laid back and for an intern position it was much more about learning who you were.

Interview Questions
    • Just the typical if you had a superpower what would it be question.   Answer Question

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Automic Software.

Be yourself, the management there has no clue

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Automic Software.

Initial discussion with the recruiter followed by a skype with the hiring manager.
    I was brought in to meet the team as well having another follow up discussion with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked my age as the first question which I felt was inappropriate and not relevant to my job.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Automic Software in December 2014.

Got a email after sending my application to set up a screening phone call. I proposed to set up a precise time slots convenient for both of us but HR remained blurry and just proposed "tomorrow morning" weny back and forth for some days...not a very professionnal first impression. Then an on site interview, 1h with HR and 1h with the hiring manager. Sames questions and presentation about myself with each, why not combining the 2 interviews in one? Then the message conveyed was different between the HR and the hiring manager. Agree to debrief on the phone the next day, HR unable again to set up a precise timeslot for a call although insisted but just "try tomorrow morning, I have meetings but try again if busy".

Decided not to go further with this company and role. Behaviour looked to me unprofessionnal and disorganized with lots of internal conflicts. Not recommended.

Presales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolfsgraben, Lower Austria (Austria)
    Anonymous Employee in Wolfsgraben, Lower Austria (Austria)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Automic Software in July 2014.

Automic is looking for a Presales Consultant to work for DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), they have engaged a personnel consulting company to do the search and hiring. So I have applied to this company. Then I had a chat with the hiring consultant, nice guy quite useful and open. Then I had a Skype (who use skype for interviews...? a joke to begin with) interview, that normally goes pretty standard with questions and had a standard flow, although here you have to know that this people sits near Vienna, Austria, so they had a strange accent and are a different culture as the rest of Europe...
    They have rejected my application because during the interview I have said that I prefer to work in small companies, because in big organisations I feel sometimes lost...when I meant big I meant BIG companies like Oracle, Microsoft, Google,etc not like Automic big (this company has 450 Employees) another joke since they "believe" that they are a big company....

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Automic Software in October 2013.

The interview process consisted of different stages, the initial stage was a phone interview with management in Chicago followed by a face to face interview in London. The last stage was a phone interview with the country manager who you would essentially work for. I eventually received a verbal job offer and was guaranteed to start the following Monday. Therefore I let another good opportunity go just to find out later that the job offer did not come through and was withdrawn. I was left empty handed and did not even get an apology.

Easy but verbal offer was withdrawn

Automic Software Response

Nov 14, 2013Talent Acquisition

Thank you to the individual who posted on October 31, 2013. We apologize that our interview and offer process did not meet your expectations. We value all constructive feedback and will use this to ... More