Autonomy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit and Collections Analyst Interview

Credit and Collections Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Autonomy in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was simple then, Autonomy was a semi start-up company with less system in place. Interview is conducted by the manager and some staff.

Interview Question – Everything was basic easy to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Comparing my salary from the two companies i worked with and adding some more money.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Autonomy.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed for a different position, but was referred to this one at the end of the process as the interviewers thought I'd be a better fit. There were several rounds of phone interviews including an online proctored quiz.

Interview Question – Going through and translating the functionality of a piece of java code (unexpected as the job involves nothing related to java coding).   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autonomy.

Interview Details – It is a very straight forward process. There are 3 rounds of interviews in total. 1st round is an HR interview. It is over the phone and lasts for about 30-45 mins. The 2nd round and 3rd round interviews are technical in nature. They are in-person interviews held in the Autonomy office. Each round takes about 1 hour.

Interview Question – Why are man-holes round?   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Production Specialist
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autonomy in January 2012.

Interview Details – Call from recruiter then phone interview then face to face.

Negotiation Details – Told one salary after accepted, then told another salary I ended up with a lower different salary.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autonomy in September 2011.

Interview Details – Few rounds of interviews, with multiple developers and tech leads

Interview Question – architecture questions; linked lists manipulatioin implementations   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Southborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Autonomy.

Interview Details – open house,first round interview,dozens of engineer went there and got interviewed

Interview Question – 1.difference between interface and abstract class
2.polymorphism in java
3.given a continuous,ascending array,with one number missing.find the missing number with O(lg(n))time complexity
eg:1235,you should give 4 out
  Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autonomy.

Interview Details – Phone screen was java questions more focused on Java garbage collection and Java multi threading , semaphores.
On site interview was for 3 hours.
Questions:
Have a large file with a number on each line ,some duplicates. How do you find the duplicates
implement a queue with 2 stacks
Singleton implementation

Interview Question – Steps to resolve memory related issues when there is not much information from the logs   Answer Question

EDiscovery Case Administrator Interview

EDiscovery Case Administrator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autonomy in December 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, first two phone and the third was in-person. The first interview was a screen by HR. They will drug test you if they want to hire you.

Interview Question – I dont remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They agreed to what I wanted

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level

I applied online - interviewed at Autonomy in November 2012.

Interview Details – They contacted me via email that they were interested in me.They took a phone interview at first.

Interview Question – Mostly Questions were from core Java.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Autonomy in March 2011.

Interview Details – Bizarre, irrational, and unusual is all I can say about this process. They will not tell you what job is open because they want to match "jobs to people" but it makes the process disturbing. The process got odder and odder and the people that I interviewed were given no information about previous interviews - they were in silo's and when I commented, they noted it was "designed that way."

Interview Question – What would you do if you were offered the position today (before they told me what position they were looking at me for)? You can see my answer below - the person then said - they were asking to see if I was "committed. to the company" which was very unusual that early int he interview process.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They would not listen to what area I wanted to work in despite several requests.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Autonomy

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees and interview candidates.