Autonomy

Autonomy Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autonomy in September 2011.

Few rounds of interviews, with multiple developers and tech leads

Interview Questions
  • architecture questions; linked lists manipulatioin implementations   View Answers (2)
Not much room for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Autonomy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autonomy in November 2007.

Came to office on 33 separate occasions. Interviews varied from trivial (what are you looking for in this job) to fairly complex. I later learned that a number of the questions came from the Microsoft book. There were also a couple of questions related to the technology used, but none that required previous knowledge of Full Text Indexing. Questions: how to compress / OR bit vectors. What is LSB?

Interview Questions
    • How would you store and compare bit vectors, in the fastest and most efficient way possible. Bit vectors are things like 0100001110011. In FTR they are used to indicate which document contains a word.   View Answer
    • What is LSB   View Answer
    Did not negotiate. Accepted the offer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autonomy in January 2014.

I very nearly cancelled this interview because of the awful reviews by ex-employees. However, the lady at the recruitment agency that organised the interview in the first place convinced me to attend. As for applying for the position, I believe that my CV was sent to the company, I didn't do it through their website. They asked for a copy of university assessment results, which I screenshot and sent to them.

The interview was initially a 1-on-1 technical interview with a pleasant guy who I believe was a software development team leader. We discussed projects that were on my CV in some depth. Then there was a C# paper-based coding test that involved sorting and linked lists.

After this, the interviewer went to fetch a colleague who was head of another team, and they both continued to ask many technical questions on algorithmic complexity and also general OO programming concepts.

Interview Questions
    • How to detect a loop in a linked list. I was continually asked if I could improve the performance of the algorithm, and they added various limitations to make the problem harder. I got stuck eventually and they explained the approach that they were looking for.   View Answer
    I initially accepted the offer, with a starting date 6 months away as I have yet to graduate. Since then however I have accepted a job with another company who seem to have a better graduate training program, as well as a better salary. I still have concerns about the management of the company. The only part of their large offices that I saw was the reception and a small meeting room.

Software Developer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Autonomy in January 2008.

Reasonable

Interview Questions
    • What is the time complexity of the quicksort algorithm?   Answer Question