Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Autotrader
- Advertising Consultant (9)
- Analyst (4)
- Account Executive (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- User Interface Engineer (2)
- Digital Media Designer (2)
- Intern (2)
- Campaign Manager (2)
- Sales Consultant (2)
- Informatica Developer (1)
- Inside Sales Account Manager (1)
- Service Consultant (1)
- Director, Product Management (1)
- Senior Database Administrator (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst (1)
- Dealer Support (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Operations Specialist (1)
- Communications (1)
- Consumer Support Specialist (1)
- Trainer (1)
- Training (1)
- Advertising Sales Representative (1)
- Advertising Specialist (1)
- Collections (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Manager (1)
- Outside Sales Executive (1)
- Senior Governance Analyst (1)
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).
Started as a contractor so my experience may be different from someone who started as a permanent employee. Phone screen was with the recruiter. I had to send in some samples of my work. Then it was an onsite interview with 2 peers and the hiring manager. Very casual interview. Each interviewer has their own style. I brought my portfolio as requested but they didn't bring it up. So I offered to show them a few things and they were pleased. Allow time to find parking, figure out how to get in and where to do, check in with security and get settled in. They were fairly quick in providing feedback about how the interview went.
- "Will you commute to far north Fulton County?" was asked repeatedly even though I told the recruited I had to be near 285. That was frustrating, but in the end they were flexible about which location I worked at when I started. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Autotrader
Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).
Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.
- How to solve an Excel equation. Answer Question
Not much room for negotiations.
Analyst InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.
Called by an internal recruiter and went over the position and company. After discussion I was set for an interview at their Atlanta office, which is located off 400 in one of the busiest areas of the city. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour and a half, lasting more than two hours, I was interviewed by three levels of management. Most questions were situational based while others were personality related. At the end, they requested I take a paper test related to the position which is either a know it or not type test. It asked to find trends on a data sheet, complete the series of numbers and shapes etc. The company speaks of the culture as competitive and allows for a work life balance. Based on those I met, I could only imagine them all trying to be the smartest in the room.
Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Autotrader in December 2010.
Very simple process. I was contacted by the recruiter, had a phone interview then 1.1 interview. The company asked that I submit to drug and skills test along with background check.
- Not sure..they were not difficult questions. Answer Question
Diffitult at first, but at the end it was a happy conclusion. Stick to what you want, make them meet you half way at least. Also, show them your talents and what you can bring to the table.