Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 22, 2015

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR who set up initial phone interview which was scheduled two days later. Phone interview was just going over my resume and giving overview of position. i was advised during the call that I was being selected to advance to step 2; panel interviews. Interview was scheduled for the next week and I was emailed instructions on preparing a presentation. The second interview consisted of 2 panel interviews the same day; 3 managers at a time. Had to give a presentation to each panel after they asked about 5 "tell me about a time" questions.

Consumer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

You have to know the "STAR" method to be able to pass the interview successfully. You have to be ready to say yes to any shift. You will have no PROBLEM or vacation time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Started as a contractor so my experience may be different from someone who started as a permanent employee. Phone screen was with the recruiter. I had to send in some samples of my work. Then it was an onsite interview with 2 peers and the hiring manager. Very casual interview. Each interviewer has their own style. I brought my portfolio as requested but they didn't bring it up. So I offered to show them a few things and they were pleased. Allow time to find parking, figure out how to get in and where to do, check in with security and get settled in. They were fairly quick in providing feedback about how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• "Will you commute to far north Fulton County?" was asked repeatedly even though I told the recruited I had to be near 285. That was frustrating, but in the end they were flexible about which location I worked at when I started.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter through my school. Asked a few questions and then weeks later a position opened up. Set up an in person STAR interview. Asked some expected questions such as "Tell me about yourself" and after describing some projects "What did you learn?" Then began to ask personality questions "What do you do for fun?" to try and see if they would enjoy working with you. It was very professional and rather quick, maybe 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• The personality questions. I was told it was a STAR interview so I had an idea of what I was going to say about my resume, but didn't expect these. So I just talked about what I enjoy and who I am.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because it was an internship.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process is run by HR. Each department has an HR representative. They handle the screening, set up, and execution of the process. HR does a very thorough, professional job. You must enter all your resume data into their online system. It's a pain after you've gone to all the trouble of creating a .DOC, but it is what it is. Not unusual for these days. You go through one or two phone interviews, then two on-site sessions where you may see four or five individuals by the end of the day. Drug screening, criminal and financial histories are checked.

Interview Questions

• Depends on what you're going for. I didn't encounter anything weird.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The offer was much better than I was doing at the time. I didn't push much.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Typical STAR format. Phone screen with HR and most often second interview will be with two managers (minimum). Often a third interview will follow with higher title within reporting structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy but company will not budge on additional vacation days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to the position online and I received a phone call from the HR recruiter. The HR recruiter explained the position in more detail and how the process would proceed after this point. I expected another phone call to follow up and I was told the HR recruiter was following up with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in IT finance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Called by an internal recruiter and went over the position and company. After discussion I was set for an interview at their Atlanta office, which is located off 400 in one of the busiest areas of the city. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour and a half, lasting more than two hours, I was interviewed by three levels of management. Most questions were situational based while others were personality related. At the end, they requested I take a paper test related to the position which is either a know it or not type test. It asked to find trends on a data sheet, complete the series of numbers and shapes etc. The company speaks of the culture as competitive and allows for a work life balance. Based on those I met, I could only imagine them all trying to be the smartest in the room.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

The company uses the STAR method of interviewing. They commonly have panel interviews with members of management and and HR present. The face to face interview usually takes about an hour. Professional business attire should be worn