Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 5, 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in June 2008.

Interview

This was more an informational interview with no specific position in mind. I spoke to several managers, a director, and some of the executive staff. The managers were very forthcoming and open. I think the director felt a little threatened by me and/or was not clear on why is was talking to me. 2 of the executives were very open, but one had pretty much a "show me" attitude which was almost hostile. In the end we did not move forward and I was not terribly disappointed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

Was promoted from the position of Operations Manager. Worked in the company 10 years and progresses up through the corporation over that period of time. Applioed for positions and interviewed with the hiring managers of each department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Several different interviews all in one day. Spent roughly an hour with each manager and interviewed with 3 different managers. The difficult aspect was staying focused throughout the entire process, as most of the questions between the different interviewers were very similar if not identical. They are looking for a common thread with your answers, something to show them you are focused on the business outcome.

Interview Questions

• Was given specific scenarios and asked how I would approach those moving forward   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to the position online and I received a phone call from the HR recruiter. The HR recruiter explained the position in more detail and how the process would proceed after this point. I expected another phone call to follow up and I was told the HR recruiter was following up with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in IT finance.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

The company uses the STAR method of interviewing. They commonly have panel interviews with members of management and and HR present. The face to face interview usually takes about an hour. Professional business attire should be worn

Consumer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

You have to know the "STAR" method to be able to pass the interview successfully. You have to be ready to say yes to any shift. You will have no PROBLEM or vacation time.

Digital Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

Did not apply for any related job. Contacted by recruiter by phone. Recruiter interviewed me over the phone to confirm experience/skill level and schedule an in office interview. Interview in three parts: panel, written test, flash skills test. Panel interview had two supervisors and a level two and lasted 30 mins or so. Questions were STAR format (situation, task, action, result) so they wanted you to focus on specific events in your work history. Test had 10 simple actionscript questions. Skills test was 45 mins and they ask you to create a flash banner ad. ActionScript animation or demonstration of skill highly recommended.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty straightforward. I did not have an example for a situation where I had made a mistake and had taken action to correct it.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process is run by HR. Each department has an HR representative. They handle the screening, set up, and execution of the process. HR does a very thorough, professional job. You must enter all your resume data into their online system. It's a pain after you've gone to all the trouble of creating a .DOC, but it is what it is. Not unusual for these days. You go through one or two phone interviews, then two on-site sessions where you may see four or five individuals by the end of the day. Drug screening, criminal and financial histories are checked.

Interview Questions

• Depends on what you're going for. I didn't encounter anything weird.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The offer was much better than I was doing at the time. I didn't push much.

Informatica Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in February 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward.. Phone Interview with hiring manager followed by a half day face to fact with manager, director and then team

Interview Questions

• The interview was almost 5 years ago so i don't remember much.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an opportunity to negotiate.. but I was getting paid a lot more than the previous employer so i took the offer without thinking about it. If i could go back i would negotiate.