Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 13, 2015

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had applied online for a training position and never received any news. I later had a former employee of AT sumbit my resume and received a call from HR the next day saying that they were very interested in interviewing me. The HR person told me the hiring salary range for my experience and asked me if I was interested before setting up the interview. A day before the interview I received a phone call from HR again saying that the salary range she told me ended up being much higher than the manager would make an offer for and they wanted to know if I was still willing to proceed with the interview. I interviewed the next day with 2 different managers...they used a script and took turns reading questions to me. Since this was a training position, I asked them if the other trainers were using Captivate to create their e-learnings and/or develop their training content. They told me that they and their staff were just learning that software and that was a goal for their department. I brought along my laptop and showed them several samples of presentations that I had developed, as well as, giving them a copy of a CD with other examples of my work. The manager told me that she would follow up with me in a week. I sent a follow up email to thank both interviewing managers for their time and I never heard back. I had to contact HR myself to find out that they decided to hire internally.

Interview Questions

• What was one experience that you had where it turned out to be a positive learning experience for yourself?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Called by an internal recruiter and went over the position and company. After discussion I was set for an interview at their Atlanta office, which is located off 400 in one of the busiest areas of the city. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour and a half, lasting more than two hours, I was interviewed by three levels of management. Most questions were situational based while others were personality related. At the end, they requested I take a paper test related to the position which is either a know it or not type test. It asked to find trends on a data sheet, complete the series of numbers and shapes etc.

The company speaks of the culture as competitive and allows for a work life balance. Based on those I met, I could only imagine them all trying to be the smartest in the room.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Dunwoody, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a staffing agency. They set up a phone interview with the manager and another team member. The questions were very basic about what type of work was I currently doing. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult for me since I knew how to communicate what I do   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiting agency had already establishe a pay rate

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR who set up initial phone interview which was scheduled two days later. Phone interview was just going over my resume and giving overview of position. i was advised during the call that I was being selected to advance to step 2; panel interviews. Interview was scheduled for the next week and I was emailed instructions on preparing a presentation.
    The second interview consisted of 2 panel interviews the same day; 3 managers at a time. Had to give a presentation to each panel after they asked about 5 "tell me about a time" questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to the position online and I received a phone call from the HR recruiter. The HR recruiter explained the position in more detail and how the process would proceed after this point. I expected another phone call to follow up and I was told the HR recruiter was following up with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in IT finance.   1 Answer

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2007.

Interview

had technical question test regarding Javascript, CSS and JSP. Then had an interview with some developers to see if we got along

Interview Questions

• what is the difference in a class and id in CSS?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary. Tried to offer 72k and I got 82k

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth. I met with several people over the course of 1 day. They perform behavioral interviews so be prepared to speak from your experiences and not just answer yes or no questions. Additionally they have a very fun and free culture, but don't let them trip you up during the interview process by making you feel too comfortable. They are looking for you to drop your guard, maintain your professionalism and all your proper interviewing techniques and training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, what steps you took and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Informatica Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in February 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward.. Phone Interview with hiring manager followed by a half day face to fact with manager, director and then team

Interview Questions

• The interview was almost 5 years ago so i don't remember much.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an opportunity to negotiate.. but I was getting paid a lot more than the previous employer so i took the offer without thinking about it. If i could go back i would negotiate.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Typical STAR format. Phone screen with HR and most often second interview will be with two managers (minimum). Often a third interview will follow with higher title within reporting structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy but company will not budge on additional vacation days.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process is run by HR. Each department has an HR representative. They handle the screening, set up, and execution of the process. HR does a very thorough, professional job. You must enter all your resume data into their online system. It's a pain after you've gone to all the trouble of creating a .DOC, but it is what it is. Not unusual for these days. You go through one or two phone interviews, then two on-site sessions where you may see four or five individuals by the end of the day. Drug screening, criminal and financial histories are checked.

Interview Questions

• Depends on what you're going for. I didn't encounter anything weird.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The offer was much better than I was doing at the time. I didn't push much.