Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 13, 2015

Digital Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

Did not apply for any related job. Contacted by recruiter by phone. Recruiter interviewed me over the phone to confirm experience/skill level and schedule an in office interview. Interview in three parts: panel, written test, flash skills test. Panel interview had two supervisors and a level two and lasted 30 mins or so. Questions were STAR format (situation, task, action, result) so they wanted you to focus on specific events in your work history. Test had 10 simple actionscript questions. Skills test was 45 mins and they ask you to create a flash banner ad. ActionScript animation or demonstration of skill highly recommended.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty straightforward. I did not have an example for a situation where I had made a mistake and had taken action to correct it.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

Was promoted from the position of Operations Manager. Worked in the company 10 years and progresses up through the corporation over that period of time. Applioed for positions and interviewed with the hiring managers of each department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Advertising Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had applied online for this position but a friend who also works at AT pushed my resume to the recruiter. If it hadn't been for my friend, I honestly don't think I would have been interviewed.

The Recruiter who interviewed me seemed very antagonistic during my hour phone interview. His thick accent was also a little hard to follow. I sensed that this process might be an annoyance to him but didn't mention this. He opened the interview with an overview of the benefits, which sounded quite good and above average for the industry. He also let me know they "Didn't Interview Just Anyone and that many people want this job". All right, I get it, I should be honored that you are speaking with me. Throughout the interview when I was explaining my answers, I could hear that he wasn't focused and ruffling papers or moving around.

As I started asking questions towards the end of the interview, I found out that I was one of ten candidates, four of which were internal. He stated that they firmly believed in hiring from within and the internal candidates were excellent. When I asked for his assessment of our interview overall, he said that he liked the answers I gave him and he thought I communicated well but he hadn’t completed all ten interviews.

I received a phone call 3 days later saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth. I met with several people over the course of 1 day. They perform behavioral interviews so be prepared to speak from your experiences and not just answer yes or no questions. Additionally they have a very fun and free culture, but don't let them trip you up during the interview process by making you feel too comfortable. They are looking for you to drop your guard, maintain your professionalism and all your proper interviewing techniques and training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, what steps you took and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Advertising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

I met with multiple executives on the same day within a 4 hr period. Be prepared to sell yourself on your qualifications. Also, make sure you get a good nights rest prior to the day of interviews. Bouncing from one interview to the next can be tiring, especially when you end up repeating yourself more than once. You might not receive an offer immediately following the interview either. They may interview you and wait until an opening presents itself within the company. I interviewed and did not find out that there were not any positions open until later. Needless to say, I felt as though I wasted my time and resources by interviewing for a job that was non-existent.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume/profile online via LinkedIn and initially reached out via email.

Once we went over my background and basic skills, we set up three 1:1 interviews with different members of the other departments with whom I would be working. Smart questions were asked by each interviewer, but nothing "sneaky" or trying to put me on the defensive in any way.

Second round of interviews was not needed.

Salary RANGE expectations were discussed with the recruiter on the initial phone screen to ensure neither one of us was wasting the other's time.

Offer was actually made by the hiring manager followed up by a written offer from recruiting. Drug and Background checks performed after offer was completed.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you hanled a tough situation is a previous job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know your own marketability (using this glassdoor.com site is great) is key.

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2008.

Interview

Met with several engineers. Discussed background and skill sets. Answered some problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding browsers, CSS and JavaScript.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiations went fairly well.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in June 2008.

Interview

This was more an informational interview with no specific position in mind. I spoke to several managers, a director, and some of the executive staff.
    The managers were very forthcoming and open. I think the director felt a little threatened by me and/or was not clear on why is was talking to me. 2 of the executives were very open, but one had pretty much a "show me" attitude which was almost hostile.
    In the end we did not move forward and I was not terribly disappointed.

Informatica Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in February 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward.. Phone Interview with hiring manager followed by a half day face to fact with manager, director and then team

Interview Questions

• The interview was almost 5 years ago so i don't remember much.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an opportunity to negotiate.. but I was getting paid a lot more than the previous employer so i took the offer without thinking about it. If i could go back i would negotiate.

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2007.

Interview

had technical question test regarding Javascript, CSS and JSP. Then had an interview with some developers to see if we got along

Interview Questions

• what is the difference in a class and id in CSS?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary. Tried to offer 72k and I got 82k