Autotrader Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR who set up initial phone interview which was scheduled two days later. Phone interview was just going over my resume and giving overview of position. i was advised during the call that I was being selected to advance to step 2; panel interviews. Interview was scheduled for the next week and I was emailed instructions on preparing a presentation. The second interview consisted of 2 panel interviews the same day; 3 managers at a time. Had to give a presentation to each panel after they asked about 5 "tell me about a time" questions.

Consumer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

You have to know the "STAR" method to be able to pass the interview successfully. You have to be ready to say yes to any shift. You will have no PROBLEM or vacation time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader.

Interview

Took way too long, lack of communication from HR and Hiring Manager...Several phone screens, several phone interviews, and than a panel interview that was nothing more than 3 people deciding who might be the best representative for their company. HR never responds to emails or phone calls regarding status of application. It seemed like this was their way of getting ideas on how to improve their company and products without having to hire anyone, because in the end they hired an internal candidate anyway. Wasted a lot of time from talented candidates, some which were more talented and had better backgrounds than the managers doing the interview. Please, read this and don't waste your time, the only chance you have at getting the job is if there are no internal candidates. The internal candidate who did get the job was (no offense) uneducated, unprepared, and rude the entire interview, the reason why I know this is because everyone gets interviewed at the same time in the same room answering the same question one after another. This company has money and HAD great products, now its all going down the tubes quickly and it starts with their managers and HR department. Too bad for them, I am one of the brightest minds in the business and got offered a better job with one of their competitors where my time, intelligence and experience was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Questions are easy, the process is easy, it just takes very long and there is a severe lack of communication the whole time.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Autotrader (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Completed a phone interview first and when I passed that they called me in for a in person interview. I interviewed with four executives. I met with each of the individually. The whole interview lasted 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autotrader.

Interview

I went through several phone screenings and then a face to face interview was scheduled with management. Interview was in S.T.A.R. format and was simple enough. You just need to be prepared to answer situational questions based on previous experience. I was not given a timeframe of when I would be contacted with an offer or at least to let me know they will not offer me a position. I assumed it would be a couple of weeks max so I waited patiently. After 3 1/2 weeks I contacted the recruiter who told me they weren't sure when a decision would be made but they would contact me. At 6 weeks I called again and the recruiter asked that I please be patient and that they will be making a decision the following week and they would contact me by the end of the week. They never called so I waited until Monday and spoke to the same person who acted like we had never spoken before and asked that I call back in about a week. After approximately 9 weeks I am notified that they will not be making me an offer. The problem is that every time I spoke to someone they were insistent that I wait and made me feel confident that I would be offered a position and in the end I was not. They showed very poor communication through the entire process and ended up being a huge waste of my time. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Collections Interview

Interview

scenario interviews spoke to managers they want to know how you handle the situations in scenario based. it was very easy if you have ever been in collections environment. so if you have been in collectins for some time you should not have an issue with scenarios we all know from collections stand point you have scenarios either positive or negative.

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on Linkedin and was contacted by a recruiter about the position a month later. I did a 20 minute phone screen with the HR contact and was invited for an in person interview about a week later. The in person interview was with the two hiring managers and they asked a variety of behavioral interview questions on how you've handled certain situations within your current company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to implement a process with your current employer.   Answer Question

Digital Media Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Autotrader.

Interview

If the company is interested in you, there will be a brief phone screen with HR. If there is further interest, the first panel interview is scheduled. You will be asked behavioral and situational questions. It helps if you can craft a story of how you solved a problem and made an impact. If there is still interest at this point, one more panel interview will be scheduled. Based on results, a hiring decision will be made.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult customer. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Started as a contractor so my experience may be different from someone who started as a permanent employee. Phone screen was with the recruiter. I had to send in some samples of my work. Then it was an onsite interview with 2 peers and the hiring manager. Very casual interview. Each interviewer has their own style. I brought my portfolio as requested but they didn't bring it up. So I offered to show them a few things and they were pleased. Allow time to find parking, figure out how to get in and where to do, check in with security and get settled in. They were fairly quick in providing feedback about how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• "Will you commute to far north Fulton County?" was asked repeatedly even though I told the recruited I had to be near 285. That was frustrating, but in the end they were flexible about which location I worked at when I started.   Answer Question

Advertising Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Autotrader (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Their was one phone interview with their own recruiter. He asked varied questions- all preparing me for the two face to face interviews with District Sales Managers. They always travel in two's.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a stubborn customer that doesn't want to give you the time of day   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation