Avalere Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager/Director Interview

Senior Manager/Director
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avalere Health in June 2014.

Interview Details – Though it took a long time for the interview to be scheduled, once it happened, the process was well organized. The recruiter sent a list of people in advance who would be interviewing. The interview was long - with six people over the course of three hours - but it proceeded well, and it was helpful to get it all done at one time. I was impressed with the people and the caliber of their questions.

Interview Question – I don't recall that any of the questions were particularly challenging or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avalere Health.

Interview Details – First was an initial phone interview. Then was a practice sales pitch where I called them from a different room. Then I had four separate one-on-one interviews. Each interview seemed pretty good. I asked them all the same question when it was my turn for questions and it was great insight to hear the different responses.

Interview Question – Mock Sales Pitch to 3 team members   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avalere Health.

Interview Details – There were two phone interviews and one in-person interview with four different people. The in-person interview included meeting with people at every level. All questions were pretty basic and I was asked to speak about my writing sample.

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty standard about the core values. Nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avalere Health in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had one interview; process was seamless.

Interview Question – Presentation of a specific policy topic delivered for a healthcare stakeholder of your choosing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer Letter and Accept; no negotiation stage.

Internship Interview

Internship
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avalere Health in January 2012.

Interview Details – Not a very structured interview. Onus really on the interviewee to guide conversation, which is sort of disconcerting to a college student. They were good at being personable and putting the interviewee at ease, though.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Avalere Health in March 2012.

Interview Details – Application, including essay; 2:1 phone interview; 5 1:1 in-person interviews, each focusing on a particular value. It's a VERY long day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you improved a process.   Answer Question

Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avalere Health in February 2010.

Interview Details – they asked basic questions. tell me about yourself. why do you want to work for us? tell me about your previous work experience? are you following health care reform in the news? what do you find most interesting about it? they didn't ask too many questions and the interview didn't take too long.

Interview Question – tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Avalere Health in March 2011.

Interview Details – For associates and senior associates, it is a 3-step process. 1. Submit application which includes a writing sample. 2. A 30 min phone interview with 2 employees. 3. A Full day interview with about 10 other applicants, broken up into 30 min rounds of 1-on-1 interviews. Each interview has a different theme, such as leadership, teamwork, and focus. There is also a "case study" but it is really not something to stress about and is based on the writing sample you submitted.

Interview Question – I actually can't think of one. For the most part, it was your typical interview questions that you can find by googling "100 top interview questions."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are coming out of college, there isn't much room to negotiate unless for some reason you feel you can prove that you have significant experience in this field that makes you extra valuable. At the very least, be sure to ask for a relocation bonus--they give them pretty easily.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Avalere Health

Interview Details – The application consisted of a resume, complete set of transcripts, and responses to two very detailed questions on healthcare policy. The essay questions, which require research, took the most time, but seem most relevant to the actual work we do.

It took a couple of weeks after the application was submitted to get a phone interview. It took another couple of weeks to then get an in-person date set. This consisted of five or six 1-on-1 interviews. The whole process took about six hours. I received a response within another couple of weeks.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, per se, though the interview did require high-level technical knowledge of healthcare policy   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Avalere Health in March 2011.

Interview Details – A full day of interviewing.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions along with targeted consulting questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Avalere Health? Contribute to the Community!