Avalere Health Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

3.2

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC).

Interview

First was an initial phone interview. Then was a practice sales pitch where I called them from a different room. Then I had four separate one-on-one interviews. Each interview seemed pretty good. I asked them all the same question when it was my turn for questions and it was great insight to hear the different responses.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health.

Interview

There were two phone interviews and one in-person interview with four different people. The in-person interview included meeting with people at every level. All questions were pretty basic and I was asked to speak about my writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty standard about the core values. Nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Though it took a long time for the interview to be scheduled, once it happened, the process was well organized. The recruiter sent a list of people in advance who would be interviewing. The interview was long - with six people over the course of three hours - but it proceeded well, and it was helpful to get it all done at one time. I was impressed with the people and the caliber of their questions.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall that any of the questions were particularly challenging or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avalere Health in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through the online resume submitter and I got an email response right away from HR to schedule a phone interview that would take about 30 minutes. The interviewer calls me about ten minutes late and starts by having me review my resume with her.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the next five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process - initial phone screen; in-person meetings with several high- and mid-level team members; ended with last-minute phone interviews with remote team members; interviews included a client scenario. I interviewed for a new and fairly undefined role, so the interviewers were very interested in my past professional experience and what I could bring to the team beyond the basic criteria listed in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Application, including essay; 2:1 phone interview; 5 1:1 in-person interviews, each focusing on a particular value. It's a VERY long day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved me initially talking to human resources via phone and then meeting with 5 different people across the firm in-person. The interviews focused on understanding my interest in Avalere, about health policy, and also about content knowledge, namely about providers. There were some behavioral questions that focused on understanding how I manage my time, delegate tasks, and handle conflicts; there was no case-study or quantitative analysis component for any of my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Avalere and why are you looking to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Not a very structured interview. Onus really on the interviewee to guide conversation, which is sort of disconcerting to a college student. They were good at being personable and putting the interviewee at ease, though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

Had one interview; process was seamless.

Interview Questions

• Presentation of a specific policy topic delivered for a healthcare stakeholder of your choosing   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer Letter and Accept; no negotiation stage.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health in February 2010.

Interview

they asked basic questions. tell me about yourself. why do you want to work for us? tell me about your previous work experience? are you following health care reform in the news? what do you find most interesting about it? they didn't ask too many questions and the interview didn't take too long.