Avalere Health Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated May 20, 2015

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC).

Interview

First was an initial phone interview. Then was a practice sales pitch where I called them from a different room. Then I had four separate one-on-one interviews. Each interview seemed pretty good. I asked them all the same question when it was my turn for questions and it was great insight to hear the different responses.

Senior Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Though it took a long time for the interview to be scheduled, once it happened, the process was well organized. The recruiter sent a list of people in advance who would be interviewing. The interview was long - with six people over the course of three hours - but it proceeded well, and it was helpful to get it all done at one time. I was impressed with the people and the caliber of their questions.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall that any of the questions were particularly challenging or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process - initial phone screen; in-person meetings with several high- and mid-level team members; ended with last-minute phone interviews with remote team members; interviews included a client scenario. I interviewed for a new and fairly undefined role, so the interviewers were very interested in my past professional experience and what I could bring to the team beyond the basic criteria listed in the position.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Application, including essay; 2:1 phone interview; 5 1:1 in-person interviews, each focusing on a particular value. It's a VERY long day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved me initially talking to human resources via phone and then meeting with 5 different people across the firm in-person. The interviews focused on understanding my interest in Avalere, about health policy, and also about content knowledge, namely about providers. There were some behavioral questions that focused on understanding how I manage my time, delegate tasks, and handle conflicts; there was no case-study or quantitative analysis component for any of my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Avalere and why are you looking to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Not a very structured interview. Onus really on the interviewee to guide conversation, which is sort of disconcerting to a college student. They were good at being personable and putting the interviewee at ease, though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

Had one interview; process was seamless.

Interview Questions

• Presentation of a specific policy topic delivered for a healthcare stakeholder of your choosing   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer Letter and Accept; no negotiation stage.