AvalonBay

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay.

1 month process from start to finish; nothing unexpected; series of several interviews - phone interview, personality tests, 2 or 3 face to face interviews; offer presented shortly thereafter. Process seemed lengthy, but wasn't too difficult

Interview Questions
    • most difficult customer service issue and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AvalonBay in November 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and we set up a phone screening. The screening went well, he described the company and it's culture to me. Asked me a few questions about my background and why I was looking for another position. A few days later he set up an in-person interview with one of the managers. She was not extremely warm, but very professional and polite. She asked me basic questions about my background. Asked questions like "What is the one part of your job that you hate?" "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc. I felt the interview went very well and this was confirmed because the recruiter called me about an hour after my interview to tell me that the manager really enjoyed speaking to me. Wanted to go over benefits offered. Then he had to set up an interview with a different manager. Again, no groundbreaking questions, I thought the interview went okay - not as well as the first one, but the recruiter made this seem like a formality. Didn't hear back from the recruiter for 2 weeks, until one day he emails me and says he was out of office (really? Because there was no vacation responder on). I had for sure thought I didn't get the position, but he says he wants to connect with me. I give him my available times to talk and then AGAIN no answer. A couple days later I emailed the first woman I interviewed with and about 8 days later she told me the position had been filled. There was no explanation as to why I didn't get the position, but after the way they handled that process, I didn't bother to ask. A simple rejection after the second interview would have done fine, rather than stretching the whole thing out over 3-4 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay in October 2014.

Applied online, got a call 2 weeks later for brief phone interview then scheduled personal interview with property manager and leasing manager. Was not a very professional interview! Was asked only 3 questions. The leasing manager did not ask me one question, was there to just observe. She then tells me its more of customer service than leasing!? Got a call 2 weeks later from property manager saying they decided to go with an experienced candidate. Here's a thought! why even call me for an interview if I don't have any experience in leasing, then call and tell me that!? Why waste both of our time? Would NOT recommend this company. They go through leasing agents every 3 months. I have worked inside Avalon bay communities with other company's in multiple locations and observed this!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult customer service situation and what steps did you take to overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay in October 2014.

Had interview 5 days after I applied for position. The questions were standard not anything out of the ordinary. Spoke with the Property Manager and then interviewed with the Supervisor. Great conversation with both.

Community Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AvalonBay.

I had one interview due to being hired on via an aquisition. It was fast and relatively painless. It was a one on one interview with the regional. I was offered the position and accepted.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay.

I applied for the job on a Friday, and on Monday afternoon I was called in for an interview.
    While I waited in the lobby, I was invited to take a look around the [beautiful] new facilities.
    I met with a property manager and leasing manager. I was asked about my job history, past experience on the field, what I learned from any challenges faced.

Interview Questions
    • "What did you learn about yourself during XYZ challenge?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AvalonBay.

I had a phone screen and then a face-to-face. The phone screen was interesting, so I expressed a desire to meet face-to-face. There offices were nice, in a great location (steps from a Metro station) and the people I talked to were gracious.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AvalonBay.

Applied online, received phone call, scheduled interview and spoke with accounting controller and senior department manager.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay.

The entire process was about two-three weeks starting from online application to accepting/declining the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions that most employers ask. Strengths and weakness, why should we hire you, previous employment, etc   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay.

Pretty straightforward interview. Questions we're based on pre determined script so there was consistency between other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Photo test was an interesting way to assess my knowledge of building mechanicals and my reasoning process by describing what something may have been even if I never worked with it or saw it before.   Answer Question