AvalonBay

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Computer Support Specialist
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AvalonBay in March 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted application online with resume and cover letter. HR contacted me via e-mail to set up a brief phone interview, followed by a more position specific interview with HR. A member of the IS team then contacted me for a very detailed interview with technical questions. Last there was a face to face interview with a senior manager and department VP. The process was extensive, detailed, and one of the most professional hiring experiences I have had.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, however the amount of screening and interviews were higher than I had previously experienced   Answer Question

Community Supervisor Interview

Community Supervisor

I applied through other source and interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview Details – I had one interview due to being hired on via an aquisition. It was fast and relatively painless. It was a one on one interview with the regional. I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview Details – I applied for the job on a Friday, and on Monday afternoon I was called in for an interview.
While I waited in the lobby, I was invited to take a look around the [beautiful] new facilities.
I met with a property manager and leasing manager. I was asked about my job history, past experience on the field, what I learned from any challenges faced.

Interview Question – "What did you learn about yourself during XYZ challenge?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen and then a face-to-face. The phone screen was interesting, so I expressed a desire to meet face-to-face. There offices were nice, in a great location (steps from a Metro station) and the people I talked to were gracious.

Interview Question – None. Very routine questions (phone and onsite).   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview Details – Applied online, received phone call, scheduled interview and spoke with accounting controller and senior department manager.

Interview Question – What are the core values of AvalonBay?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview Details – The entire process was about two-three weeks starting from online application to accepting/declining the offer.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions that most employers ask. Strengths and weakness, why should we hire you, previous employment, etc   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward interview. Questions we're based on pre determined script so there was consistency between other candidates.

Interview Question – Photo test was an interesting way to assess my knowledge of building mechanicals and my reasoning process by describing what something may have been even if I never worked with it or saw it before.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. She had a good grasp of what the job was and what was required. My second interview was face to face with several people, including the VP of the department, someone currently doing the job I interviewed for and the office manager. There were many aspects of the job that were not disclosed to me. Overall, good experience. Benefits were clearly explained. Was also promised time off during first few months that never materialized.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was told the salary range by the VP during the interview, offer was made by phone via recruiter. Offered low end of salary range, was told that was the best offer at the time.

Community Consultant Interview

Community Consultant
North Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AvalonBay in April 2013.

Interview Details – After posting a resume multiple times I was finally called for a phone interview, after that I moved up to the first interview with the community manager and customer service supervisor. After passing that I moved up to an interview with the general manager and a customer service supervisor.

Interview Question – no particular difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AvalonBay in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received phone call within days to schedule interview. Interviewed the following week at the woodland hills location. General manager and Community manager interviewed me. It took about a half hour. Said they would make their decision the following week. This was on a Friday, got a call on Monday saying the position had been filled. Overall, great experience. Professional and extremely friendly staff.

Interview Questions

Worked for AvalonBay? Contribute to the Community!