AvalonBay Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview

Asked you questions about what is on your resume. Interested in getting to know you and what you want out of the internship. Very calm interview. I didn't really need to prepare that much. The office is laid back and the people are nice, and that showed through the interviewer who is my boss' boss.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are you looking to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that lasted roughly 15-20 minutes. A week later, I had an in-person interview. Several days later, I had another in-person interview with different members of the management team at the San Francisco location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AvalonBay (Danbury, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

First I'll say if you do your research you'll find that this is a great company, however the process was very lengthy. I started out ( end of April) with the General Manager whom called me for a phone interview. I called back and for two weeks I couldn't get in touch with her. Finally, she emailed back and said they had taken an internal candidate but she would foward my information for a different position. I got a second call for an phone interview (in May) and was invited for a face to face with the Community Manager and Sales and Service Supervisor. I thought the interview went GREAT. But they too transferred in an internal candidate and forwarded my info to ANOTHER community. The last community I went to (in June) I had a phone and two face to face interviews. I thought they went well but the general manager never got back with me and finally after an email or two they stated they chose someone different. I opted not to continue to interview AGAIN with this company. The follow up is poor and I was exhausted from interviewing numerous times and getting push along to the next person.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions. why you chose the company. Customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

interviewed at AvalonBay (Somerset, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very basic. They asked a lot for times when you've handled similar situations. They told me that they will update me as they continue to interview other possible candidates. I interviewed with two people, one did most of the talking though. They also had a lot of interviews going on that day specifically.

Leasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay (Long Island City, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

first apply and fill out long application. then an alert for a phone interview. if pass, then they set up an interview to meet 2-4 managers at the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• Why you would like to work for AvalonBay. Asked about experience in field and what a typical day consists of.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview

Easygoing phone interview. General questions about sales experience, difficult customers, how to handle such. Questions about basic abilities that job would entail. Asked if working Saturday would be a problem as all leasing consultants work Saturdays.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an irate customer? How did you handle?   Answer Question

Other opportunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AvalonBay (Redmond, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Overall process is good. The interview was relaxed, but professional. I was asked a lot of the normal interview questions. ie. How did you handle certain situations in the past. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Within a few days I was contacted with an offer.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AvalonBay (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is all about who you know and whether or not higher management wants you in that position. It does not matter whether you're qualified or not

Interview Questions

• How much are you making? why do you think you'd be a good fit? How does your experience pertain to the job description   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Was treated with a lot of respect. They did not get flustered with fitting into my schedule. Recruiting calls you after your interview to check to see what YOU thought before finding out what THEY think. Great touch

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay.

Interview

1 month process from start to finish; nothing unexpected; series of several interviews - phone interview, personality tests, 2 or 3 face to face interviews; offer presented shortly thereafter. Process seemed lengthy, but wasn't too difficult

Interview Questions

• most difficult customer service issue and how you resolved it   Answer Question