Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at AvalonBay
- Leasing Consultant (10)
- Community Consultant (7)
- Project Engineer (2)
- Director (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Computer Support Specialist (1)
- Customer Service Specialist (1)
- Communiry Consultant (1)
- Community Supervisor (1)
- Contract Administrator (1)
- Staff Accountant (1)
- Collections (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Intern (1)
- Intern - Hourly (1)
- Maintenance Supervisor (1)
- Senior Community Consultant (1)
- Leasing Associate (1)
- Sales (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at AvalonBay.
Asked you questions about what is on your resume. Interested in getting to know you and what you want out of the internship. Very calm interview. I didn't really need to prepare that much. The office is laid back and the people are nice, and that showed through the interviewer who is my boss' boss.
- Why do you want to work here? What are you looking to get out of this internship? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at AvalonBay (San Francisco, CA).
There was an initial phone interview that lasted roughly 15-20 minutes. A week later, I had an in-person interview. Several days later, I had another in-person interview with different members of the management team at the San Francisco location.
- Describe a challenge in your life and how you overcame it. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at AvalonBay (Danbury, CT) in June 2015.
First I'll say if you do your research you'll find that this is a great company, however the process was very lengthy. I started out ( end of April) with the General Manager whom called me for a phone interview. I called back and for two weeks I couldn't get in touch with her. Finally, she emailed back and said they had taken an internal candidate but she would foward my information for a different position. I got a second call for an phone interview (in May) and was invited for a face to face with the Community Manager and Sales and Service Supervisor. I thought the interview went GREAT. But they too transferred in an internal candidate and forwarded my info to ANOTHER community. The last community I went to (in June) I had a phone and two face to face interviews. I thought they went well but the general manager never got back with me and finally after an email or two they stated they chose someone different. I opted not to continue to interview AGAIN with this company. The follow up is poor and I was exhausted from interviewing numerous times and getting push along to the next person.
- Basic situational questions. why you chose the company. Customer service experience. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
interviewed at AvalonBay (Somerset, NJ) in April 2015.
The interview process was very basic. They asked a lot for times when you've handled similar situations. They told me that they will update me as they continue to interview other possible candidates. I interviewed with two people, one did most of the talking though. They also had a lot of interviews going on that day specifically.
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay (Long Island City, NY) in March 2015.
first apply and fill out long application. then an alert for a phone interview. if pass, then they set up an interview to meet 2-4 managers at the corporate office.
- Why you would like to work for AvalonBay. Asked about experience in field and what a typical day consists of. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay.
Easygoing phone interview. General questions about sales experience, difficult customers, how to handle such. Questions about basic abilities that job would entail. Asked if working Saturday would be a problem as all leasing consultants work Saturdays.
- Have you ever had an irate customer? How did you handle? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at AvalonBay (Redmond, WA) in February 2015.
Overall process is good. The interview was relaxed, but professional. I was asked a lot of the normal interview questions. ie. How did you handle certain situations in the past. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Within a few days I was contacted with an offer.
- Previous experience Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at AvalonBay (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2015.
The interview process is all about who you know and whether or not higher management wants you in that position. It does not matter whether you're qualified or not
- How much are you making? why do you think you'd be a good fit? How does your experience pertain to the job description Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at AvalonBay (New York, NY).
Was treated with a lot of respect. They did not get flustered with fitting into my schedule. Recruiting calls you after your interview to check to see what YOU thought before finding out what THEY think. Great touch
- They asked me to sell them something on the spot Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at AvalonBay.
1 month process from start to finish; nothing unexpected; series of several interviews - phone interview, personality tests, 2 or 3 face to face interviews; offer presented shortly thereafter. Process seemed lengthy, but wasn't too difficult
- most difficult customer service issue and how you resolved it Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review