AvalonBay

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay.

1 month process from start to finish; nothing unexpected; series of several interviews - phone interview, personality tests, 2 or 3 face to face interviews; offer presented shortly thereafter. Process seemed lengthy, but wasn't too difficult

Interview Questions
    • most difficult customer service issue and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay in October 2014.

Applied online, got a call 2 weeks later for brief phone interview then scheduled personal interview with property manager and leasing manager. Was not a very professional interview! Was asked only 3 questions. The leasing manager did not ask me one question, was there to just observe. She then tells me its more of customer service than leasing!? Got a call 2 weeks later from property manager saying they decided to go with an experienced candidate. Here's a thought! why even call me for an interview if I don't have any experience in leasing, then call and tell me that!? Why waste both of our time? Would NOT recommend this company. They go through leasing agents every 3 months. I have worked inside Avalon bay communities with other company's in multiple locations and observed this!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult customer service situation and what steps did you take to overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay in October 2014.

Had interview 5 days after I applied for position. The questions were standard not anything out of the ordinary. Spoke with the Property Manager and then interviewed with the Supervisor. Great conversation with both.

Community Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AvalonBay.

I had one interview due to being hired on via an aquisition. It was fast and relatively painless. It was a one on one interview with the regional. I was offered the position and accepted.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay.

I applied for the job on a Friday, and on Monday afternoon I was called in for an interview.
    While I waited in the lobby, I was invited to take a look around the [beautiful] new facilities.
    I met with a property manager and leasing manager. I was asked about my job history, past experience on the field, what I learned from any challenges faced.

Interview Questions
    • "What did you learn about yourself during XYZ challenge?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AvalonBay.

I had a phone screen and then a face-to-face. The phone screen was interesting, so I expressed a desire to meet face-to-face. There offices were nice, in a great location (steps from a Metro station) and the people I talked to were gracious.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AvalonBay.

Applied online, received phone call, scheduled interview and spoke with accounting controller and senior department manager.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AvalonBay.

The entire process was about two-three weeks starting from online application to accepting/declining the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions that most employers ask. Strengths and weakness, why should we hire you, previous employment, etc   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AvalonBay.

Pretty straightforward interview. Questions we're based on pre determined script so there was consistency between other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Photo test was an interesting way to assess my knowledge of building mechanicals and my reasoning process by describing what something may have been even if I never worked with it or saw it before.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AvalonBay.

I had a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. She had a good grasp of what the job was and what was required. My second interview was face to face with several people, including the VP of the department, someone currently doing the job I interviewed for and the office manager. There were many aspects of the job that were not disclosed to me. Overall, good experience. Benefits were clearly explained. Was also promised time off during first few months that never materialized.

No negotiation. I was told the salary range by the VP during the interview, offer was made by phone via recruiter. Offered low end of salary range, was told that was the best offer at the time.