Avanade

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

Interview Details – I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Interview Question – How do you keep up to date on technology?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral, just for full-disclosure. After approving my resume I had one phone interview with a HR employee. It was not very technical and just ask general critical thinking questions and explaining technology questions. Then they contacted me about meeting at my schools career fair which happen to be in the coming week so we could just meet face to face and chat before the interview in the coming weeks. The interview day was at their office and consisted of a nice overall experience they had us in a room with other interviewees and recent new hires to talk to while we waited. There was a written interview questions and short essay part. The actual interview was with some upper management and asked some technical questions but also was interested in how you could handle learning new things. I had no experience with any of the microsoft technology they used but had a broad knowledge of other technologies.

Interview Question – Although I don't know if it counted but i guess everything does. They gave a list of 15 items and if you got stranded on a boat in the middle of the ocean rank them by importance. It is a coast guard test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made it seem non-negotiable but i regret not trying harder.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avanade in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with a recruiter on the phone. I was told she would set up a technical phone interview with someone else, but a while passed, and I never really heard back. At this point I had gotten another offer, but I only had about 2 weeks to decide and move to a new state to start the other job. I really wanted to work for Avanade though, so I started emailed the recruiter pretty much every day. I let her know about my situation, and that I really needed to hurry things along. I finally got the technical interview done, and they passed me through to the next stage which was an in-person interview. For the next interview, I met with just one very senior person at Avanade due to my time constrains, although I think it's usually a little different. We basically just talked about stuff for an hour (my background, family, etc.), and then I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer. Overall the recruiter was my main point of contact, and was really helpful and speeding things along once I let her know it was urgent for me.

Interview Question – During the technical interview they wanted to know about the underpinning of object-oriented programming, and I only remember 2: polymorphism and encapsulation. I still don't remember the third   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was just given an offer, and I accepted right off the bat. I was told that it was the highest they were allowed to offer for my position (it was entry level), but I'm not sure if that was true.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avanade in July 2009.

Interview Details – They ask basic technical questions during the interview. If you have an issue with traveling it is unlikely you will be considered.

The process starts with a screening phone call that is very simple so long as you are a citizen and don't mind traveling. The followup is a simple tech screen focusing on MS tech. Then you are brought in for an in person interview where you'll be judged behaviorally and technically but both to differing degrees based upon the interviewer.

Interview Question – Are you ok with 80% travel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for college hires.

Very Easy Interview

Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in July 2010.

Interview Details – First of all there was a presentation about the company and the job offer, including salary and perks information. Candidates were then given a questionnaire to fill in and finally went all by turn to 1:1 interviews in different rooms.
I was interviewed by a HR recruiter who asked general questions about my university career and my projects/thesis works.
After that a Software Engineer asked me a couple of questions about OO programming and inheritance.
Both the interviewer were friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Same offer for all the new hires if they are graduates.

Analyst

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in November 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of an info session, a phone interview, a group interview with whiteboard and one on one. This company is looking for people who are eager to learn and will very willing to travel. The interview had no “trick” questions and the overall process was very fair.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a group or project you were part of that was not effective and what you did to correct the situation?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avanade

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!

Avanade – Why Work for Us?

(Please press the Pause button on any video in progress before playing additional videos.) We start by creating solutions based on our winning combination of insight, innovation, and deep knowledge of Microsoft… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avanade Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avanade employees and interview candidates.