Avanade

2.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

Went to my college career fair and met with Avanade. Got a call back from them 2-3 weeks later for a phone interview. It was behavioral interview.

Got another phone interview about asking questions to a current employee. Then final interview on site. Got an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult just talked about my team experiences in projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade in March 2013.

I had an employee referral, just for full-disclosure. After approving my resume I had one phone interview with a HR employee. It was not very technical and just ask general critical thinking questions and explaining technology questions. Then they contacted me about meeting at my schools career fair which happen to be in the coming week so we could just meet face to face and chat before the interview in the coming weeks. The interview day was at their office and consisted of a nice overall experience they had us in a room with other interviewees and recent new hires to talk to while we waited. There was a written interview questions and short essay part. The actual interview was with some upper management and asked some technical questions but also was interested in how you could handle learning new things. I had no experience with any of the microsoft technology they used but had a broad knowledge of other technologies.

Interview Questions
    • Although I don't know if it counted but i guess everything does. They gave a list of 15 items and if you got stranded on a boat in the middle of the ocean rank them by importance. It is a coast guard test.   Answer Question
    They made it seem non-negotiable but i regret not trying harder.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in May 2011.

I had an initial interview with a recruiter on the phone. I was told she would set up a technical phone interview with someone else, but a while passed, and I never really heard back. At this point I had gotten another offer, but I only had about 2 weeks to decide and move to a new state to start the other job. I really wanted to work for Avanade though, so I started emailed the recruiter pretty much every day. I let her know about my situation, and that I really needed to hurry things along. I finally got the technical interview done, and they passed me through to the next stage which was an in-person interview. For the next interview, I met with just one very senior person at Avanade due to my time constrains, although I think it's usually a little different. We basically just talked about stuff for an hour (my background, family, etc.), and then I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer. Overall the recruiter was my main point of contact, and was really helpful and speeding things along once I let her know it was urgent for me.

Interview Questions
    • During the technical interview they wanted to know about the underpinning of object-oriented programming, and I only remember 2: polymorphism and encapsulation. I still don't remember the third   View Answer
    I was just given an offer, and I accepted right off the bat. I was told that it was the highest they were allowed to offer for my position (it was entry level), but I'm not sure if that was true.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in July 2009.

They ask basic technical questions during the interview. If you have an issue with traveling it is unlikely you will be considered.

The process starts with a screening phone call that is very simple so long as you are a citizen and don't mind traveling. The followup is a simple tech screen focusing on MS tech. Then you are brought in for an in person interview where you'll be judged behaviorally and technically but both to differing degrees based upon the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for college hires.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in June 2010.

The entire process started at university during a "Career Day" in May, where I talked with some employees and left them my cv.
    After one month, I was called for an interview on site. This was splitted into two different parts: at first an employee of the HR department gave to the little group of candidates an overview of the company; then a 1:1 interview followed, held by an HR team member together with a senior consultant.
    The interview was very easy, it was only a way to know each other. After another month I received by email the offer with the contract to sign.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers just asked some information regarding the candidates background and university career. There were also some technical questions, mostly focused on programming languages, for instance Java, but nothing was really specific.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I just received the offer and the contract to sign by email the same day I graduated.

Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade in November 2007.

The interview process consisted of an info session, a phone interview, a group interview with whiteboard and one on one. This company is looking for people who are eager to learn and will very willing to travel. The interview had no “trick” questions and the overall process was very fair.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a group or project you were part of that was not effective and what you did to correct the situation?   Answer Question