Avanade

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avanade.

Applied only and it took a couple of weeks to receive a response. There were a total of 4 interviews, the first one is with HR. Second interview is with a current Systems Engineer and the last two interviews take place the same day on-site. Overall the hardest part is the group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Basically they give you a scenario and you have to come up with the software that you would recommend for the company.   View Answer

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I had FOUR interviews: the first three were technical and had INCREASED in difficulty. The fourth interview was with a Sr. Collab. Mgr., which was all about being a great, cultural fit with the company or not.

The interviews per telephone will be different regional gurus whom are at the top of their craft so if you don't get all of them right, then it's fine. Just answer eloquently and articulately as possible!!! If you do not know it, just don't dilly-dally; be upfront and forward.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot think of any because I was able to answer at least 50-100 percent of every question of all the questions rendered to me in the interview. On my 2nd technical interview, the guy almost had gotten me based on my Comp. Sci. undergrad days with the "What's' the difference btwn. an ArrayList and a HashTable?"   View Answer
    Just take what they offer you. Seemingly, it's a great place to acquire a plethora of exposure to the latest and greatest MS technologies. Ask questions, be tenacious, be gracious, and you will enjoy this experience to come.

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I was called by HR office, the went through 3 different interviews. 2 on the phones and the 3 third was on Skype. I received the offer but it required me rot relocate. Then someone after a while I received another call for the same job but this time is local.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of technical questions, if you know your field well you will answer most of them. They don't expect you to know it all but most of them or answer them closely.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Solutions Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade in April 2013.

A recruiter reached out to me and essentially tried to get to know me and what my aspirations were, she notified me that she would reach out to me again to setup a phone interview. During the phone interview she asked me how interested I was in potentially working for avanade. I was then reached out to again to have a 1 on 1 conversation with someone who worked for avanade so that i can get a better feel for the company and the culture at Avanade. Finally I was contacted via email for the in person interview. It was fairly straightforward with a skills test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, but Avanade focuses on the microsoft platform so make sure to be knowledgeable about their technologies. "What is your favorite microsoft tech?" etc   Answer Question
    I was offered a generous salary and accepted without negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avanade in August 2012.

The first interview is with an HR recruiter who asks about your experience and asks a few straight-forward .NET questions. The second interview was with a .NET Architect and is very in-depth. I recommend studying up on your .NET trivia.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of a specific "difficult" question, but I know that I was tripped up a bit with the depth of the SQL Server questions. Study up on more than just queries, joins, etc. Understand performance tuning concepts and how they are implemented.   Answer Question

I was offered pretty much the same as I was making at my current position. I had a few other offers so even though Avanade offers a lot of learning/growth potential it didn't make sense to take their offer.

Business Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in June 2012.

3 phone interviews and 1 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you guess the weight of a plane if you didn't have a scale?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in April 2012.

I replied to a posting on a job board and got a call from Avanade's HR the next day. I talked with HR a couple of times, had 2 phone screens, followed by 1 face-to-face interview. Everyone was professional, nice, and could answer my questions. All in all it was very efficient. I like the fact that they send candidates a survey in connection with their recruiting experience. I got that survey prior to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the correlation between a risk and an issue?   View Answer
    Yes - I was able to negotiation. Be up front if you have scheduled vacation - it is important they know about it and you will gain some respect. No employer like to find out about planned vacation after the fact.

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in April 2012.

As for the interview process it was 2 phone interviews and then taken to office for 1:1 interview where they were looking at the personality.
    The first phone interview was a basic phone interview.
    The second phone interview was a technical interview which one should be prepared for. It went over things from software engineering design, database and Microsoft technology. It takes around 1 hour to complete. If someone payed attention and study in school they should not have an issue there. Just make sure you brush up on stuff before the interview.

The communication on how things where going and keep me informed was by far the best I have ever seen. They would call me back and tell me how I did at every step, telling me what I did great on and weak on.

Interview Questions

I had 2 offers. It was a hard choice but I choose the company that did not require travel and I could leverage both my degrees in.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in February 2012.

Th process consisted of a initial phone interview. Then a technical skills test phone interview with a current member of the company. If you pass both of those then you are invited to a face to face group interview. During the group interviews you get moved into other rooms to do one on one interviews. Lunch is supplied.