Avanade Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

3.1

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process comprised of three interviews. The first interview was a general behavioral interview discussing how well I am with some Microsoft technologies, explanation of the job, and how I see technology will be in the next 5 years. The second interview was with another Avanade consultant where he asked some quick general questions and I asked many questions about the company and working for Avanade. I was pretty much interviewing them. The final interview was in person, it was supposed to be a technical interview; however, it was really just a conversation. The last interview was pretty much behavioral revolving around technology. This may because I had some projects already on my GitHub to show, or possibly just the hiring manager's interview style.

Interview Questions

• What technology do you think will take off in the next five years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

1) Initial phone call to setup HR interview (short). 2) Then had an HR style interview and scheduled another interview with an employee in my desired role. 3) Call with an employee in my role - more for asking questions about the job. 4) Interview with a regional manager - a bit technical, but mostly went through tech-related projects/experiences that were on my resume. All in all, the process was enjoyable. There wasn't a great deal of emphasis on technical material; rather, the emphasis was more on what kind of person I was, how I get along with other people. These skills are crucial for consulting-style jobs.

Interview Questions

• 1) You find that your mobile phone does not turn on -- how do you go about fixing it? (explain your rationale) 2) What is one future technology that you think will be popular in the coming years?   Answer Question

Solution Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

There were four interviews. The first was an intensive behavioral phone interview. The questions drew heavily from project leadership and group management in my past. The second was a phone interview where I spoke with a member of the team. I was required to have my own questions prepared in order to have a better understanding of the position and display my interest in the position. The third was a phone interview with the head of the team where they asked me question pertaining to my past projects with a few behavioral questions repeated from my original interview. I was also asked where I saw technology in the next 10 years and then 20 years. The final interview was an in person interview. It was fairly informal and they pretty much seemed sold on me so I answered a few more questions, asked about some logistics, and was told they'd contact me soon.

Senior Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial screen phone call with the recruiter from Avanade, a technical interview over the phone, an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was an exploration of my work experiences and an opportunity to probe into the dynamics of the position and the company. There were a few brain teaser questions but the interview coached me along the way and I was able to get to the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to start at a lower level knowing there is opportunity for fast advancement?   1 Answer

Junior Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avanade (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They found me on Indeed.com and then we chatted. A phone interview was set up with the contracted company however something went wrong and a face to face was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Experience questions, and skills   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter first before a handful of additional Skype interviews prior to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Each interviewer had a different style and a different set of questions - I was very impressed that each person I met with had reviewed my resume, and often my LinkedIn profile, resulting in very directed and applicable questions.

Interview Questions

• What big ideas do I have that I would like to enact now to help Avanade deliver results for our clients and their customers immediately upon hire?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I went through a 5 step interview; tech, personality, in-person, peer and management. The company hire ratio was around 1 in 10 at the time. They had a good package and needed the best talent. Soft skills are key in the roles. You have to be good with people and know how to act on a client sight. These skills are hard to teach and they prefer those that already have them.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial screening, technical interview I, technical interview II, HR high level interview III, In person, phone interview IV Firstly, leaving Accenture because of the suck up culture and lower than market rate pay, I knew what I was getting into with Avanade right off the bat. With that said, Avanade (and Accenture) have extremely huge clients. I've worked with the best of the best here and been flown across the country wined and dined and put up in nice hotels. The downside? corporate suck up culture (you won't move up unless you do it). Projects ran by people who have no clue what they are doing. Your talents won't be utilized fully. You will be staffed anywhere (I've also been sent to a few absolute hellholes). Now I'll explain the interview experience I had ( and why I believe anyone with talent is better off elsewhere) First Avanade's corporate cheerleader calls and we go through the usual set of question/answer routine. She calls back the next day and schedules interview two. Interview two calls he is very much the coder guy type. Friendly and is purely assessing my skills based on whether or not I've done Azure or other buzzwords (very difficult to assess a skill level based on technology buzzwords). Then we go into a pretty standard technical assessment, interface vs abstract class, etc. interview III comes along and its a managerial type reading some canned questions from a sheet technical wise, interspersed with some mundane HR questions. This guy is typical of Accenture scumbags and interrupts constantly, seems disinterested and mostly I didn't like him. Next cheerleader calls back and her tone changes and seems somewhat concerned. I'm guessing at this stage she breaks out the BS and starts low balling. Well, she says, you laddered or rated or something at a consultant level rather than blah blah blah. WHen I know full well she is trying to low ball me. Firstly the offers I ended up taking were in the 118K level and she states they can offer 86,900. However I realize that working here is basically a free for all and I'll get free hotels and flights and be in a different city whenever I want. So fine I say ok. Next is the in person. Meet so and so at the Westin for lunch. This guy is cool, he buys me lunch at the Westin, makes sure I don't drool on my self and tells me essentially I'm hired and this is the confirmation interview. We eat lunch, part ways and few days later cheerleader calls back asking if I can you ANOTHER interview. Sure, whatever, I tell her. The final guy is a complete jerk asking asinine questions, being snooty and vague and then basically tells me there is no work in the local area long term. Essentially given the run around and the final decision is not to offer the position for whatever reason. I'm writing this to point out, having worked for Accenture 4 years. If you like the travel and suck up corporatist hegemony, you don't mind travel, you like the perks, you will work for 30-40% less than market rate ( the clients and travel can actually compensate that well), you won't mind it there. Plus they have second to none client lists. I worked in Hollywood, the top banks, the largest companies there. But if you like to be utilized well and your work to be important and your voice to be important and you want the market rate and don't suck up to people, but work based on respect -- Accenture and Avanade are not for you. Basically they are hyenas and they will eat their own babies. There are many many companies that you will be much happier with. Take your vacations on the weekends and the higher rate somewhere else. Any question they will ask can be found by reviewing the interviews on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Canned C#/.Net/Design Pattern/Javascript/JQuery/SQL questions. Two to Five days of studying will prep you for this. Or review answers based on interviews listed here.   1 Answer

Solutions Developer, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screening. Was suppose to interview an employee to get an idea of the position but HR failed to connect me to an employee. On campus interview with Regional Director. Basic STAR questions and simple technical SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you first get a foreign code base?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

RADIO SILIENCE after in initial interview - even after follow-up with recruiter and hiring manager -very poor form. POOR EXPERIENCE I as head hunted by internal recruiter, phone screened and then schedued with the hiring manager. Interview was informal, interviewer was pleasant and professional but late and interview was interrupted a couple times.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where we turn down a client engagement because of deal profiability concerns   Answer Question