Avanade

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Developer Interview

Solutions Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avanade in September 2013.

Interview Details – Part 1: Phone interview with Avanade recruiter. They will ask some typical STAR questions as well as asking how your technical background is.
Part 2: Phone interview with someone in Avanade with the same position you are applying for. Make sure you have a lot of questions since you are conducting the interview, not them.
Part 3: Final interview at the Avanade office. You will be with a handful of other potential candidates as Avanade will be critiquing how well you do in groups. Activities will include talking to Avanade employees in the room (judging how you interact with clients) and a group presentation.

Interview Question – What piece of technology do you find the most innovative in the past decade?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no travel expense for moving.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

Interviewed at Avanade

Interview Details – They had an initial phone screening to gauge personality, followed by a technical interview in which they asked questions such as "what is polymorphism?"..."what is encapsulation?" etc...after those were passed, they invited for an in person interview in which they discussed benefits and had a team exercise.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you encountered a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really much room for negotiation because when I tried to, I was told that I would also be overtime eligible.

Business Development Executive Interview

Business Development Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Avanade in January 2010.

Interview Details – Sometimes managed by contract recruiting and at the time appeared unstructured and had a lack of process. This was surprising given the company is highly process driven. End to end it took quite a long time to get through all of the interviews required to earn the position. Suggest that candidates be sure they understand expectations in role and support structures that will help them meet requirements.

Interview Question – What are your greatest weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary was negotiable. Incentive compensation appeared to be standard plan although quotas may be negotiable.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Avanade.

Interview Details – Had a phone and group interview as a large amount of employees are referrals. Getting to see if you fit the position and the crowd for a pleasant work environment is important. Employees get along well and part of the interview felt like working along side them finding how well you fit.

Interview Question – Nothing very unexpected. Expect to get drilled on in places you do not have experience as well just to see how deep your knowledge is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was transparent as positions have consistency under Avanade so each individual should be paid to fit the position. Expectations were set by position details early so that there was plenty of room to choose to move on or not.

Manager Interview

Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Avanade in May 2014.

Interview Details – After applying for a job as a manager, I was contacted almost immediately by recruiting. The phone screen went well and a subsequent interview conference call was scheduled. The conference call was rescheduled several times, which I accommodated (and changed some of my personal plans). I phoned in at the appointed time, unable to connect to the conference call. After making some urgent calls and sending email messages, I learned the job 'had been recently filled and my interview canceled'. I felt incredibly disrespected and can only hope Avanade does not treat its employees or customers in this fashion.

Interview Question – Other than the initial phone screen, verifying my background and experience, I was not asked any questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avanade.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted through LinkedIn, then continued the conversations via email. Had several phone interviews, and conversations with the recruiters and HR. Final interview was in-person at the NYC office.

Interview Question – Hard to say, but was probably the technical interview when I was asked to verbally recite a SQL query.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They presented me with an offer and I accepted. I feel that if I had tried to negotiate more, I may have been able to, however it met my needs at the time, so I didn't have much more to ask for.

Solutions Developer I Interview

Solutions Developer I
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in April 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out to me and essentially tried to get to know me and what my aspirations were, she notified me that she would reach out to me again to setup a phone interview. During the phone interview she asked me how interested I was in potentially working for avanade. I was then reached out to again to have a 1 on 1 conversation with someone who worked for avanade so that i can get a better feel for the company and the culture at Avanade. Finally I was contacted via email for the in person interview. It was fairly straightforward with a skills test.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, but Avanade focuses on the microsoft platform so make sure to be knowledgeable about their technologies. "What is your favorite microsoft tech?" etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a generous salary and accepted without negotiation

Senior Analyst, Collaboration Specialist Interview

Senior Analyst, Collaboration Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avanade.

Interview Details – 4 interviews. 3 Phone interviews and 1 in-person Peer interview
There was a long period of time between interviews mostly due to the Ops Manager being out of the country and it being during the holidays. this appears to be a one off situation as many have come on-board since me with their process only taking a couple weeks.
The Peer review was slightly intimidating but very impressive with their ability to walk through scenarios and cater the interview towards the strong points in my resume.

Interview Question – PowerShell Commands by Memory were tough to recall on the spot   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate and ask for your Ideal wage.

Programmer Interview

Programmer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avanade.

Interview Details – Recruiter phone screen followed by Technical phone screen followed by in person interview. All questions were technical related to MS technologies.

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions. all were expected and pure technical.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process usually is 3-4 interviews and consists of PM questions, technical questions, and situational questions by senior managers

Interview Question – Scenario based questions can be challenging   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slow

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!