Avanade

177 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avanade.

Interview Details – Telephone interview, followed by a technical test and a technical interview. You will then do a competence interview.. I only did one telephone interview followed by competence .But, expect to be grilled well for that interview. No room for mistakes. Remember these guys are the top in the industry and know exactly what they want and don't want. All in all i think what they want to know is who you are and if they can mould you to go out there and sell the company in a positive way.Took Interview on Tuesday and got an offer on Friday.

Interview Question – None really difficult. If you know your technology area well then they are mostly trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered the higher part of the advertised range.

Rapid Response Engineer Interview

Rapid Response Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in May 2013.

Interview Details – Internal Referral: 1 phone screening interview, 1 sit-down with lead, 1 sit-down with management, 1 phone call from upper management (final). After a salary letter and background check, I started a month later.

Interview Question – Knowledge of Exchange Mail-flow and being able to draw it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer letter was accepted, however another interview would be required to challenge technical expertise if a counteroffer was made.

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
Springfield, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in March 2014.

Interview Details – First it was explained to me that there would be three interviews. 2 over the phone and 1 face to face, but I had 2 more face to face for a total of 5 interviews, before getting an offer. Total process took just over 4 weeks, but the story changed from the first call to the final call.

Interview Question – What port does RDP use?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – During the first call with HR, salary was discussed at 190-210K, however, the offer was processed by another HR personnel who knew no history of my interviews. Offer came in at 100-125K. Ended up wasting 10 hours of interview and travel time during the 4 week interviewing process. Which could have been avoided, if Avanade did not try to make a low ball offer after the interview process. Beware of the bait and switch tactic by Avanade HR department.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade.

Interview Details – One of the BEST INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE, I have never seen such an extraordinary hiring system throughout my whole career. I was made aware of each and every single little status updates regarding my application. The HR team is fabulous, they know how to talk, so kind, they really try their best to understand you, they consider you a part of team rather then just another interview candidate, they make you feel you are the part of the team.

You would be amazed to see how updated you are regarding the status of your application and what is going on. The HR team replied to my emails within few minutes (every time I emailed them), I never had to follow-up with them.

Initial Communication:

I got a call from Avanade's HR regarding job opening and I was really happy because I heard that this is one of the best companies to work for.

HR asked me if I knew about Avanade, I told them whatever I knew, they explained me in much details about what Avanade is all about. Good to know about the company you will be applying for.

Planning:

They explained me about the job role, asked me couple of basic technical questions and if I was ready to travel since this is a consulting company.

They said they will start the interview process and I will get information about it.

# of interviews:

First - Telephonic Interview

Purely technical interview, they started with basic questions and then went to the intermediate as well as advance level questions, the interviewer were really nice and asked the questions which would make sense. Even If I couldn't answer some questions, they understood why as one won't know everything but can learn.

Second - Telephonic Interview

Advance level of technical questions as well as questions regarding your skills. They gave me scenarios and asked what would be my approach.

Third - Face to Face Interview

More of a managerial round where they asked me about myself and my goals, aspirations, etc. More of they were trying to see if I would be good fit into the company.

Fourth - Final Offer

Yay!! :)

Interview Question – None I would say, I was really happy to see that they asked me questions which would really make sense instead of asking some questions like others do which makes no sense.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is the part I didn't like and I was un-happy about. Since this is the company who is known for good company to work for, I didn't expected negotiation phase with them.

Basically they wanted to negotiate with me on salary wherein I am not so much of negotiation person, I would like straight answers.

They offered me really less which didn't make any sense to me, then I said my expectation and we agreed upon the middle number ;)

Solution Developer Interview

Solution Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Process took 3 weeks. Interview at avanade. Phone screening interview, basically go over my resume then ask some questions about Avanade.

Interview Question – Technology in 5 years?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

Interview Details – I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Interview Question – How do you keep up to date on technology?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email about setting up a phone interview about 1-2 weeks after applying online. The phone interview was just a chance for them to know you so it was the basic interview questions like tell us about yourself. She asked about what you know about Avanade. She also gave you information about the position that you applied for.

Interview Question – Technology in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Avande Interview

Avande
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was for a hour, they asked about my background, my experience, how long I had been in the payroll field.

Interview Question – How would I handle doing Union payroll?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avanade.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the HR to check on my interest for the position as already more than 2 months had passed since I had applied. After agreeing to that, I went thru 2 rounds of technical interviews w/ 2 different group managers who grilled me quite a bit. I can say that I did extremely well on the first round, and somewhat okay on the second. Their need was immediate hence I was contacted by the HR the next day to come in person to their office for the last and final stretch w/ the SVP. This session was not as demanding as I expected, and the SVP laid out the career path for this position within the company as that was one of my questions to him.

Interview Question – What are the unique skills that I can bring to the role that can separate me from everybody else?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a difficult situation on vacation and I did not get what I was asking for because there was another HR person in between who showed no interest and declined to even discuss. I still accepted the offer since I liked the company and the role.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews, 2 by phone and 1 in person

First point of contact will be a recruiter who will ask the standard interview questions. (Why do you want to work here? Leadership roles? How to resolve conflicts with team members?)

Secondly, individuals get to speak to an existing employee, based on whose feedback, the final interview is arranged. This is really an interview you lead and ask questions for so come prepared.

Finally, the final interview is a day-long group session with every individual getting to interview with a senior official at the company. Throughout the day you can get a chance to network with current employees, there is a writing assignment (what are your core values), and then a relaxed group activity which was something like if you were stranded on the moon, what items would you choose as important to survive. Your group then presents in front of everyone..

The interview wasn't bad but I felt they were very unprofessional on following up with me in terms of letting me know I wasn't the candidate they wanted. The "role" was changed from the job posting so they were looking for someone else. Had I not followed up with them, I'm sure I still would be waiting for a rejection so that was the worst part of the whole experience for me. Seems like a great company too, what a disappointment.

Interview Question – Be prepared for technical questions, even if you are applying for an entry level position.   Answer Question