Avanade

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I was called by HR office, the went through 3 different interviews. 2 on the phones and the 3 third was on Skype. I received the offer but it required me rot relocate. Then someone after a while I received another call for the same job but this time is local.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of technical questions, if you know your field well you will answer most of them. They don't expect you to know it all but most of them or answer them closely.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade.

Applied to them before they came to the career fair at my University. Recruiter sent me an email telling me that they were interested and to stop by their booth. I did so and also went to their information session the day after. Interview process was 2 steps: a phone call and an in person. The phone call was maybe 20 minutes long and didn't include any technical questions. The interview day was at an Accenture office, it was very relaxed; there was a team activity as well as a small writing portion. I then went and talked to a manager for about half an hour; it was more like a conversation than an interview. I received my offer about 3 or 4 weeks after.

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in September 2013.

Part 1: Phone interview with Avanade recruiter. They will ask some typical STAR questions as well as asking how your technical background is.
    Part 2: Phone interview with someone in Avanade with the same position you are applying for. Make sure you have a lot of questions since you are conducting the interview, not them.
    Part 3: Final interview at the Avanade office. You will be with a handful of other potential candidates as Avanade will be critiquing how well you do in groups. Activities will include talking to Avanade employees in the room (judging how you interact with clients) and a group presentation.

Interview Questions
    • What piece of technology do you find the most innovative in the past decade?   View Answer
    There is no travel expense for moving.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in September 2013.

It was one of the best experiences of candidate interviewing and hiring I've seen in all the years I've interviewed at companies. The candidate pool was kept informed of status, updates, additional requirements and decisions as if they were actually employees already. I've never experienced such a great group of people before anywhere. Truly fantastic experience and amazing HR and business professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Deep technical question related to cloud computing - a term I'd not heard before.   Answer Question
    Good salary commensurate to skill set. Fair approach in negotiating. No tricks. Just open, honest employer who likes the person just as much as the skill set. Amazing.

.NET Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in July 2013.

Initially recruiter called me based on Linkedln profile. Had a Phone inteview one week later. It was good. Asked deep SQL questions and .NET questions for 1.5 hr. After that have a Face-to Face. There were 2 people, one director and one manager. They asked every thing from resume. I cant even remember what I did 8 yrs back. They asked design Patterns, UML etc and SQL Problem solving

Manager Interview

4 interview process, screening, tech 1, tech 2 and confirming

Interview Questions
    • In tech 2 interview, object modeling and turing algorithm questions   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade.

1) phone interview - question about your background and some technical terms
    2) technical interview - question on some technical terms and online coding

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in June 2013.

My interview experience with this firm was rather bizarre. First off, they found my name on the web and recruited me. First interview was with a recruiter who extolled the firm’s virtues. Second interview was with a Director who spent an hour on the phone with me to gauge my project management, people skills and leadership style. Third interview was with a peer who discussed his role and what I would be expected to do on the job. Fourth interview was supposed to be with a hiring manager but instead, I got a head recruiter. All interviews were positive and upbeat and I was led to believe my final interview would be with the hiring manager. Weeks go by with no word from anyone after sending numerous follow up emails. Finally, I get an email from a recruiter stating that they would not be proceeding with my application (WTF????) and that I am welcome to search their careers site for other opportunities (Uh, don’t think so). For crying out loud, just say you axed the head count and move on. Jeessh!

Rapid Response Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade in May 2013.

Internal Referral: 1 phone screening interview, 1 sit-down with lead, 1 sit-down with management, 1 phone call from upper management (final). After a salary letter and background check, I started a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of Exchange Mail-flow and being able to draw it out.   Answer Question
    Offer letter was accepted, however another interview would be required to challenge technical expertise if a counteroffer was made.