Avanade Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.1

Solution Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Process took 3 weeks. Interview at avanade. Phone screening interview, basically go over my resume then ask some questions about Avanade.

Solution Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. All campus recruiters really knew what they were talking about and what they were doing.

There were 2 main phone interviews with the recruiter.

- These questions were based on your school projects and current technologies.

One interview with a current employee.

- This was a selling interview where you asked the questions about the position to a person that was in your shoes.

One in-person Final interview in a large metropolitan city.

- This was relaxed with regular interview style questions. You also might speak about in-depth projects you did in school and dabble in your personal characteristics.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avanade.

Interview

4 interviews over the phone and two 1:1 interviews. interviews are details and about 30 mins to 1 hour long. mostly related to the applied job position.

Interview Questions

• related to the job position. situation based questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in January 2014.

Interview

It took 2 weeks , i talked with the AX Director. The interview was great but I think I missed the fact that I should have been more professional.

Interview Questions

• no difficult question but may be tricky question ( or standardized set of answers required)   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Professional hiring process. Great set of recruiters. All interviews are non-technical for new college hires.

First point of contact will be a recruiter, who will conduct a phone interview to verify if you are the one whose resume is in their hands.

Secondly, individuals deemed fit will get to speak to an existing employee, based on whose feedback, the final interview is arranged.

Finally, the final interview is a day-long group session with every individual getting to interview with a senior official at the company.

Interview Questions

• Was not difficult at all. Was a behavioral kind of interview.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I contacted them through a friend who worked there. A lot of questions about my programming experience and projects, even though I did not have any projects.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to convince somebody to change their viewpoint on something.   Answer Question

Solutions Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Applied online through their career website. A couple months later I received an email from a recruiter asking me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral with a few general technical questions. For example, explain cloud computing to someone who doesn't understand the internet. There were also a few abstract questions such as what would you do you do if your cell phone power button wasn't working. They also asked what I knew about the company and what would make me a good consultant. Then the rest of the time was spent with him explaining to me the hiring process (six weeks of boot camp learning all Microsoft technologies). She also went through a list of technical and soft skills (programming, public speaking, etc) and you had to answer whether you had a basic, proficient, advanced, or expert level of competency with each.

Interview Questions

• If a ping pong ball was stuck in a pipe that is cemented in the ground how would you get it out?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

Interview

Went to my college career fair and met with Avanade. Got a call back from them 2-3 weeks later for a phone interview. It was behavioral interview.

Got another phone interview about asking questions to a current employee. Then final interview on site. Got an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult just talked about my team experiences in projects.   Answer Question

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I got this job thru campus recruiters in beginning of October, applied online, then got back in 2 weeks for my first phone interview. I had 4 rounds of interviews in total. First 3 were phone interviews and 1 last invited-to-office interview. First round was typical, asked general informations and briefly went over my resume. Second round, you have pay attention to, be prepared, the interview last an hour long and they asked behavior questions regarding how do you handle conflict situation with others in working on projects, and problem solving questions and vision in future technology. Third round was speaking with current employee to get know detail about the job, and you will be responsible to ask question and lead the interviews(Do research about the company and prepare good questions). The last one was invited to final round- office interview to meet several Avanade employees, presentation, lunch, 1 on 1 interview with head of director, and writing assessment and group work.
    The entire interview happened in NY but then offered me a position in Bostion which is a bit far from my family, It is ok with me. I accepted the offer, the recruiting process was overall pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There was no real difficult question, review fundamental computer science terminology and be prepared by using STAR method to tell the project you have done or contribute the most(I was not from CS background, but engineering)
      1. explain cloud tech to a 5 year old.
      2. how to get a ping-pong ball out which stuck in a pipe(same diameter) other side buried into ground.

1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I have recently graduated from college, I think the package was fair for a college graduate.