Avanade Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2014

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Avanade in May 2014.

After applying for a job as a manager, I was contacted almost immediately by recruiting. The phone screen went well and a subsequent interview conference call was scheduled. The conference call was rescheduled several times, which I accommodated (and changed some of my personal plans). I phoned in at the appointed time, unable to connect to the conference call. After making some urgent calls and sending email messages, I learned the job 'had been recently filled and my interview canceled'. I felt incredibly disrespected and can only hope Avanade does not treat its employees or customers in this fashion.

Interview Questions
  • Other than the initial phone screen, verifying my background and experience, I was not asked any questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade.

I was first contacted by the HR to check on my interest for the position as already more than 2 months had passed since I had applied. After agreeing to that, I went thru 2 rounds of technical interviews w/ 2 different group managers who grilled me quite a bit. I can say that I did extremely well on the first round, and somewhat okay on the second. Their need was immediate hence I was contacted by the HR the next day to come in person to their office for the last and final stretch w/ the SVP. This session was not as demanding as I expected, and the SVP laid out the career path for this position within the company as that was one of my questions to him.

Interview Questions
    • What are the unique skills that I can bring to the role that can separate me from everybody else?   View Answer
    There was a difficult situation on vacation and I did not get what I was asking for because there was another HR person in between who showed no interest and declined to even discuss. I still accepted the offer since I liked the company and the role.

4 interview process, screening, tech 1, tech 2 and confirming

Interview Questions
    • In tech 2 interview, object modeling and turing algorithm questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in June 2013.

My interview experience with this firm was rather bizarre. First off, they found my name on the web and recruited me. First interview was with a recruiter who extolled the firm’s virtues. Second interview was with a Director who spent an hour on the phone with me to gauge my project management, people skills and leadership style. Third interview was with a peer who discussed his role and what I would be expected to do on the job. Fourth interview was supposed to be with a hiring manager but instead, I got a head recruiter. All interviews were positive and upbeat and I was led to believe my final interview would be with the hiring manager. Weeks go by with no word from anyone after sending numerous follow up emails. Finally, I get an email from a recruiter stating that they would not be proceeding with my application (WTF????) and that I am welcome to search their careers site for other opportunities (Uh, don’t think so). For crying out loud, just say you axed the head count and move on. Jeessh!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in April 2012.

I replied to a posting on a job board and got a call from Avanade's HR the next day. I talked with HR a couple of times, had 2 phone screens, followed by 1 face-to-face interview. Everyone was professional, nice, and could answer my questions. All in all it was very efficient. I like the fact that they send candidates a survey in connection with their recruiting experience. I got that survey prior to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the correlation between a risk and an issue?   View Answer
    Yes - I was able to negotiation. Be up front if you have scheduled vacation - it is important they know about it and you will gain some respect. No employer like to find out about planned vacation after the fact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avanade in June 2010.

standard process: tell me about your self, what we do, why do you want to leave? are you ok with travel?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade in February 2010.

Contacted by recruiter and met with HR, Finance and a Program lead. Took a few weeks to get all of the interviews scheduled and completed.

Interview Questions
    • I felt that I really had to sell myself and that the interviewers hadn't read my resume or really understood how my past roles fit with the one I was interviewing for. I would have thought they would have done more homework or the recruiter would have passed on notes so I didn't have to keep repeating myself. If I didn't really want this role, I would have withdrawn early in the process.   Answer Question
    They were not willing or open to negotiate. I would suggest candidates request additional vacation time or get confirmation on training expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2008.

There will be an initial skills interview followed by two rounds of technical interviews. The last interview will be with the practice director. Pretty tough interviews.

Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in March 2009.

Phone interview, in person interview and another phone interview wtih VP and then with HR. Went into to the office for the face to face and all others were over the phone.