Avanade

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rapid Response Engineer Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in May 2013.

Interview Details – Internal Referral: 1 phone screening interview, 1 sit-down with lead, 1 sit-down with management, 1 phone call from upper management (final). After a salary letter and background check, I started a month later.

Interview Question – Knowledge of Exchange Mail-flow and being able to draw it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer letter was accepted, however another interview would be required to challenge technical expertise if a counteroffer was made.

Very Easy Interview

Avande Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was for a hour, they asked about my background, my experience, how long I had been in the payroll field.

Interview Question – How would I handle doing Union payroll?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was one of the best experiences of candidate interviewing and hiring I've seen in all the years I've interviewed at companies. The candidate pool was kept informed of status, updates, additional requirements and decisions as if they were actually employees already. I've never experienced such a great group of people before anywhere. Truly fantastic experience and amazing HR and business professionals.

Interview Question – Deep technical question related to cloud computing - a term I'd not heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good salary commensurate to skill set. Fair approach in negotiating. No tricks. Just open, honest employer who likes the person just as much as the skill set. Amazing.

.NET Consultant Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initially recruiter called me based on Linkedln profile. Had a Phone inteview one week later. It was good. Asked deep SQL questions and .NET questions for 1.5 hr. After that have a Face-to Face. There were 2 people, one director and one manager. They asked every thing from resume. I cant even remember what I did 8 yrs back. They asked design Patterns, UML etc and SQL Problem solving

Interview Question – Technical Questions Design Pattern and UML Design   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avanade in April 2009.

Interview Details – Was recruited by an HR specialist, took initial calls with the team on the phone. Interviewed with the hiring manager. He was impressed with the research I had done on the company and brought me in for an interview.

Once I was in for an in person interview, I had to interview with A: my hiring manager B: other managers from adjacent divisions C: my direct colleagues and team

Interview Question – It was a detailed P&L statement question about what carrying extra debt could do to operating income.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate to well, I received an offer and I accepted it. In the future, I'd milk it more for all its worth, I'd advise to do this with every job and interview, you really have nothing to lose.

.NET Developer Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avanade in March 2013.

Interview Details – 4 process interview
1. Initial
2. Technical
3. Behavioral
4. Project

Company seems to be not organize on the proj., when recruitment contacted me the position has WCF, i declined and told her the i don't have any experience on it. So she gave me different position which does not have that. All interviews went well, until the to the project interview, that was suppose to be a project manager, but turned out to be a project lead, the interview suddenly became question of WCF and security on services, which confuses me became i dont have any experience at all. I mentioned that to the interviewer and told him that "is this the correct position i am applying at?" he said actually the project is more into that.

After the interview i emailed the recruiter and told her that we have spoken about the position that i have less to none experience on thos stuff. She just replied "Thank you for interviewing, i will get back to you once i connect with him "

Interview Question – Types of Security   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Avanade in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was brief and did not include multiple interviews

Interview Question – Why did your project fail?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it

Manager Interview

Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in February 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and met with HR, Finance and a Program lead. Took a few weeks to get all of the interviews scheduled and completed.

Interview Question – I felt that I really had to sell myself and that the interviewers hadn't read my resume or really understood how my past roles fit with the one I was interviewing for. I would have thought they would have done more homework or the recruiter would have passed on notes so I didn't have to keep repeating myself. If I didn't really want this role, I would have withdrawn early in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing or open to negotiate. I would suggest candidates request additional vacation time or get confirmation on training expectations.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avanade in October 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me from a monster posting. Quick 30 minutes on the phone with the recruiter. They told me up front 80% or more travel. About a week later I had my second interview. This was also on the phone, this time with a technical person, he asked some questions based on my resume, told me about the company and gave me a good idea what to expect. About two weeks after that I had my in person round. This next interview was also technical, but was much harder, I was asked about projects and systems i'd designed and asked why i designed them in that way. Next interview, the same day, was also in person, this time with a director level. This interview was about soft skills. Had i ever been a consultant, what would i do in various difficult customer situations. After this I went home and waited. About a week later I got a call with an offer. We went back and forth a bit, and then agreed on something

Interview Question – Faced with a customer who is having a bad day and in general isn't happy with the way the project is going, but has no logical reason for it, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for a small signing bonus. I was not able to negotiate for more salary. The salary offered was already very competitive.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avanade in April 2012.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a few phone interviews and 2 back to back in person interviews. After the final interview the recruiters maintained contact until an offer was sent out. This process overall took over 3 months.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avanade

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!

Avanade – Why Work for Us?

(Please press the Pause button on any video in progress before playing additional videos.) We start by creating solutions based on our winning combination of insight, innovation, and deep knowledge of Microsoft… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avanade interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avanade employees and interview candidates.