Avanade Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter first before a handful of additional Skype interviews prior to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Each interviewer had a different style and a different set of questions - I was very impressed that each person I met with had reviewed my resume, and often my LinkedIn profile, resulting in very directed and applicable questions.

Interview Questions

• What big ideas do I have that I would like to enact now to help Avanade deliver results for our clients and their customers immediately upon hire?   Answer Question

Solutions Developer, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screening.
    Was suppose to interview an employee to get an idea of the position but HR failed to connect me to an employee.
    On campus interview with Regional Director. Basic STAR questions and simple technical SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you first get a foreign code base?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Best interview experience I've ever had. Recruiter and Interviewers were extremely professional and transparent throughout the whole process.

Contacted recruiter who set up interview process. Two phone-based skill screens and one video conference. Skill screens were obviously more technical and the last one was with a VP who wanted to ensure cultural fit.

Very smooth process overall. Recruiter and HR notified me of each step within a few days of each other.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Had a phone and group interview as a large amount of employees are referrals. Getting to see if you fit the position and the crowd for a pleasant work environment is important. Employees get along well and part of the interview felt like working along side them finding how well you fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very unexpected. Expect to get drilled on in places you do not have experience as well just to see how deep your knowledge is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was transparent as positions have consistency under Avanade so each individual should be paid to fit the position. Expectations were set by position details early so that there was plenty of room to choose to move on or not.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying for a job as a manager, I was contacted almost immediately by recruiting. The phone screen went well and a subsequent interview conference call was scheduled. The conference call was rescheduled several times, which I accommodated (and changed some of my personal plans). I phoned in at the appointed time, unable to connect to the conference call. After making some urgent calls and sending email messages, I learned the job 'had been recently filled and my interview canceled'. I felt incredibly disrespected and can only hope Avanade does not treat its employees or customers in this fashion.

Interview Questions

• Other than the initial phone screen, verifying my background and experience, I was not asked any questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Collaboration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA).

Interview

4 interviews. 3 Phone interviews and 1 in-person Peer interview
    There was a long period of time between interviews mostly due to the Ops Manager being out of the country and it being during the holidays. this appears to be a one off situation as many have come on-board since me with their process only taking a couple weeks.
    The Peer review was slightly intimidating but very impressive with their ability to walk through scenarios and cater the interview towards the strong points in my resume.

Interview Questions

• PowerShell Commands by Memory were tough to recall on the spot   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always negotiate and ask for your Ideal wage.

Avande Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was for a hour, they asked about my background, my experience, how long I had been in the payroll field.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle doing Union payroll?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was one of the best experiences of candidate interviewing and hiring I've seen in all the years I've interviewed at companies. The candidate pool was kept informed of status, updates, additional requirements and decisions as if they were actually employees already. I've never experienced such a great group of people before anywhere. Truly fantastic experience and amazing HR and business professionals.

Interview Questions

• Deep technical question related to cloud computing - a term I'd not heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good salary commensurate to skill set. Fair approach in negotiating. No tricks. Just open, honest employer who likes the person just as much as the skill set. Amazing.

.NET Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Initially recruiter called me based on Linkedln profile. Had a Phone inteview one week later. It was good. Asked deep SQL questions and .NET questions for 1.5 hr. After that have a Face-to Face. There were 2 people, one director and one manager. They asked every thing from resume. I cant even remember what I did 8 yrs back. They asked design Patterns, UML etc and SQL Problem solving

Rapid Response Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Internal Referral: 1 phone screening interview, 1 sit-down with lead, 1 sit-down with management, 1 phone call from upper management (final). After a salary letter and background check, I started a month later.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of Exchange Mail-flow and being able to draw it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer letter was accepted, however another interview would be required to challenge technical expertise if a counteroffer was made.