Avanade

Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade.

Submitted resume through company website. Recruiter called within 48 hours to screen. Phone interview was 2 days later. Phone interview was mostly technical background probing and seeing level of interest in the technology. Got in person interview 1 week later. One on One interview with 3 people. Hiring manager, another manager, and sr. dev. Mostly went over past history and gave me a chance to ask about current project.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions included reverse a string. Questions to test knowledge object oriented programming basics. Class inheritance, interfaces.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in March 2011.

I submitted an online application, went through an online screening, and then a phone interview/screening. I received a second ‘technical’ interview a week after that. The interviewer was very difficult to understand and the questions were based on data structures concepts which I had not reviewed in years or was I even expecting. The interviewer had a very heavy accent and was very cold throughout the whole thing. The phone kept disconnecting throughout making the process even more nerve wrecking. The whole experience was horrible.

Review you core concepts and definitions for:
    Data Structures (algorithm design, OO programming, sorting algorithms)
    Database design
    Software engineering

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 major components of Object Oriented programming?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avanade in September 2010.

I had a recuter call me and set up an hour long tecnical interview. this part of the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

I havent ansered them yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avanade in May 2010.

I got the first round thru phone just initial screening. Later got call for 2nd round more in terms of .NET technical. Had couple more rounds more into technical related to programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avanade in February 2010.

Initial phone interview, was fine. Second technical phone interview\test was a nightmare, the interviewer did no speak english as their first language making it very difficult (when phone interview\tests can be hard enough to hear correctly). It became clear to me the questions were being generated on the fly by simply flipping though a C# book, finding a pieace of information, rephrasing it as a question and then expecting a response that matches just what the book has. This gave the questions (the ones I could hear and understand) no context and so they could be answered many ways, but if they were not answer as the book had them they were wrong. Frustrating painful experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I couldn't hear, and the ones without context   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2008.

The process started with a phone screen with a recruiter with some questions about myself and a few technical questions. Expectations (position, responsibility, compensation, etc) were set before moving forward to the next step. It took two more technical skills tests that lasted about an hour over the phone and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I was given a verbal offer on the spot and an offer letter in a couple days.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question about graphics / topology - how to do lines between a few points drawn on the whiteboard without the lines crossing each other.   View Answers (2)
    • Authorization vs Authentication.   View Answer
    There isn't much to negotiate. The salary range was set per position and the best way to get a better pay is to do better on initial phone call with the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

Face to face interview of 1 hour, with technical questions about the Resume, about the knowledge, and about my aspirations

No negotiation