Avanade

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solution Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade.

Very long, almost a 2 month process. You have to go through 4 interviews, 3 phone screenings and 1 office as the final one where basically the top local employee destroys you during a case study against other people competing against you. It definitely challenge your critical thinking because you have to be creative on the spot as they throw different real work questions at you. They're basically testing your mental fortitude.

Interview Questions
  • Figuring out all the details of being a consultant on the particular case without knowing the full expectation of the consultants.   View Answer
No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Solution Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Applied online. Process took 3 weeks. Interview at avanade. Phone screening interview, basically go over my resume then ask some questions about Avanade.

Solution Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade.

The hiring process was very professional. All campus recruiters really knew what they were talking about and what they were doing.

There were 2 main phone interviews with the recruiter.

- These questions were based on your school projects and current technologies.

One interview with a current employee.

- This was a selling interview where you asked the questions about the position to a person that was in your shoes.

One in-person Final interview in a large metropolitan city.

- This was relaxed with regular interview style questions. You also might speak about in-depth projects you did in school and dabble in your personal characteristics.

Solutions Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avanade.

Applied online through their career website. A couple months later I received an email from a recruiter asking me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral with a few general technical questions. For example, explain cloud computing to someone who doesn't understand the internet. There were also a few abstract questions such as what would you do you do if your cell phone power button wasn't working. They also asked what I knew about the company and what would make me a good consultant. Then the rest of the time was spent with him explaining to me the hiring process (six weeks of boot camp learning all Microsoft technologies). She also went through a list of technical and soft skills (programming, public speaking, etc) and you had to answer whether you had a basic, proficient, advanced, or expert level of competency with each.

Interview Questions
    • If a ping pong ball was stuck in a pipe that is cemented in the ground how would you get it out?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I got this job thru campus recruiters in beginning of October, applied online, then got back in 2 weeks for my first phone interview. I had 4 rounds of interviews in total. First 3 were phone interviews and 1 last invited-to-office interview. First round was typical, asked general informations and briefly went over my resume. Second round, you have pay attention to, be prepared, the interview last an hour long and they asked behavior questions regarding how do you handle conflict situation with others in working on projects, and problem solving questions and vision in future technology. Third round was speaking with current employee to get know detail about the job, and you will be responsible to ask question and lead the interviews(Do research about the company and prepare good questions). The last one was invited to final round- office interview to meet several Avanade employees, presentation, lunch, 1 on 1 interview with head of director, and writing assessment and group work.
    The entire interview happened in NY but then offered me a position in Bostion which is a bit far from my family, It is ok with me. I accepted the offer, the recruiting process was overall pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real difficult question, review fundamental computer science terminology and be prepared by using STAR method to tell the project you have done or contribute the most(I was not from CS background, but engineering)
      1. explain cloud tech to a 5 year old.
      2. how to get a ping-pong ball out which stuck in a pipe(same diameter) other side buried into ground.
        View Answer
    I did not negotiate, I have recently graduated from college, I think the package was fair for a college graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I was called by HR office, the went through 3 different interviews. 2 on the phones and the 3 third was on Skype. I received the offer but it required me rot relocate. Then someone after a while I received another call for the same job but this time is local.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of technical questions, if you know your field well you will answer most of them. They don't expect you to know it all but most of them or answer them closely.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

I had FOUR interviews: the first three were technical and had INCREASED in difficulty. The fourth interview was with a Sr. Collab. Mgr., which was all about being a great, cultural fit with the company or not.

The interviews per telephone will be different regional gurus whom are at the top of their craft so if you don't get all of them right, then it's fine. Just answer eloquently and articulately as possible!!! If you do not know it, just don't dilly-dally; be upfront and forward.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot think of any because I was able to answer at least 50-100 percent of every question of all the questions rendered to me in the interview. On my 2nd technical interview, the guy almost had gotten me based on my Comp. Sci. undergrad days with the "What's' the difference btwn. an ArrayList and a HashTable?"   View Answer
    Just take what they offer you. Seemingly, it's a great place to acquire a plethora of exposure to the latest and greatest MS technologies. Ask questions, be tenacious, be gracious, and you will enjoy this experience to come.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avanade in September 2013.

Part 1: Phone interview with Avanade recruiter. They will ask some typical STAR questions as well as asking how your technical background is.
    Part 2: Phone interview with someone in Avanade with the same position you are applying for. Make sure you have a lot of questions since you are conducting the interview, not them.
    Part 3: Final interview at the Avanade office. You will be with a handful of other potential candidates as Avanade will be critiquing how well you do in groups. Activities will include talking to Avanade employees in the room (judging how you interact with clients) and a group presentation.

Interview Questions
    • What piece of technology do you find the most innovative in the past decade?   View Answer
    There is no travel expense for moving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in February 2013.

Applied on university career website. phone interview was about a month later, they moved it back to accommodate my schedule. It was a rather long interview that covered technology in very general ways. They asked questions like what is the future of microsoft, what is biggest problem with cloud computing, etc. I didn't hear anything for a month then was requested for a final round at their Chicago office the next week. I went and it was a very professional, friendly outfit. It had a sterile, corporate feel but seemed like a decent place to work. They called me the next week and said I quite didn't have the level of development experience they needed. This might have been true, but they never really asked any programming or technical questions, so it seems a bit unfair. Overall positive experience though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avanade in April 2012.

As for the interview process it was 2 phone interviews and then taken to office for 1:1 interview where they were looking at the personality.
    The first phone interview was a basic phone interview.
    The second phone interview was a technical interview which one should be prepared for. It went over things from software engineering design, database and Microsoft technology. It takes around 1 hour to complete. If someone payed attention and study in school they should not have an issue there. Just make sure you brush up on stuff before the interview.

The communication on how things where going and keep me informed was by far the best I have ever seen. They would call me back and tell me how I did at every step, telling me what I did great on and weak on.

Interview Questions

I had 2 offers. It was a hard choice but I choose the company that did not require travel and I could leverage both my degrees in.