Avascent Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

23 interviews

3.2

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avascent in June 2014.

First round phone interview where I spoke for 30 minutes with a senior analyst and then 30 minutes with a partner. The analyst interview was behavioral and the partner interview was more scenario based questions along with behavioral type questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Avascent

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Avascent.

I applied through my university's career center and got an interview a few weeks later. The on-campus interview was a brief behavioral interview followed by a case study. I quickly learned of my second interview, during which I had an additional handful of interviews with people of all titles at the office. Most of the questions were as expected, they didn't try to be difficult, but it was imperative to know why I chose Avascent specifically. There are dozens of consulting firms in DC, it's important to know why Avascent.

Interview Questions
    • Where you would find information about [something really technical that I don't remember]?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, was more than happy with the offer.

Analyst Interview

First had on-campus interview with two senior analysts.
    During final round, met with another senior analyst, manager, and the HR director. Ended with a casual lunch with two junior analysts.

Analyst Interview

I received an interview through my school's career website. There were two parts, a 30-minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case interview. The case related to defense and aerospace, and was pretty direct. I received an email a few days later letting me know I didn't get a second round interview.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Avascent in February 2013.

Applied through campus career center and did an on-campus interview. Did a 30-minute behavioral interview with one guy and a 30-minute case interview with someone else. The behavioral interview was very chill and just a conversation but I didn't get along with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The "hardest" question was "how do you manage multiple tasks?"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Avascent.

Resume review leading to an on-campus interview. Pretty straight-forward setup (2 30-minute interviews, back to back, one behavioral and one case-study).
    Following those campus interviews, I was invited to interview onsite in DC. This interview process lasted the majority of a day, including interviews with Analysts, Senior Analysts, and even 20 minutes with the President of the company. All the interviews were case-centric, bur not traditional cases like you might find at McKinsey or elsewhere. Each person I met there was manifestly intelligent and excited about their job.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you go to find out information about small satellite manufacturers?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Avascent.

1st round - 30 minute behavioral interview and 30 minute case. The behavioral interview was fairly casual. Most questions gauged interest in the company, defense industry, and probed into your educational/professional background. The case was indicative of the type of work they see at Avascent and involved analyzing several charts and a little bit of straight computation.

Within a week, I was notified for second round interviews at the office in DC. This day consisted of interviews with an analyst, a project manager, HR, a lunch with two analysts, and a "surprise" interview with the firm's president. Lots of questions about research techniques and methods.

Interview Questions
    • In the final round interview, they really try to gauge your research skills and there were several vague questions about this.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avascent in October 2010.

I applied through my university's recruiting tool and was contacted for an interview based on an initial resume screen. I then participated in an on-campus interview process that involved a 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minute case. The behavioral interview was casual and straightforward, with questions I had anticipated (strengths/weaknesses, career goals, etc). The case was relatively dialogic and casual compared with my experiences at other consulting interviews.

About a week later I was contacted to schedule an interview a Avascent's office in Washington. I was fully compensated for my flight and hotel, and spent a total of about six hours interviewing. The on site interviews included a few managers, a peer interview, and a conversation with the company president, and from a subject matter perspective, they attempted to get at how I would think around the kinds of research problems and time management hurdles that an analyst st Avascent faces. The day also included a lunch interview with two current analysts, designed to better assess a candidate's behavioral fit.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview required thinking critically about aerospace and defense subject matter, which can be unexpected if you are accustomed to case interviews in markets without significant government revenue streams   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Avascent in July 2012.

I applied online, and got a phone call a couple weeks later inviting me to come in for an interview.

I interviewed first with someone from HR, and then with two staff from the group that the position was with.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions about what sort of obstacles I would face when conducting research on certain issues and/or countries, and how I would get around these obstacles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avascent in February 2012.

For Avascent, it was 2 1:1 interview, one fit and one case. The fit interview was very awkward because the associate speaks really fast and I felt like I was forced to answer at her pace or else I am incompetent. Regardless of major, the fit part is crucial to their candidate selection process. You must show your interest in International Relations or International Politics on your resume or coursework in order to be moved forward. Otherwise your chances are slim.

Interview Questions

Worked for Avascent? Contribute to the Community!