Avascent Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.2

Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. Wasn't very difficult. Just stay sharp. The second round of interviews I met with many people in the company, from a newly hired analyst on up to the CEO. Everyone wanted to hear my story and I found myself asking the same questions multiple times.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avascent

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avascent.

Interview

Contacted for first round on campus, did a 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview. Straightforward, and nothing too unexpected. People were friendly and nice, and did not try to trip you up on any questions. Keen to know why avascent was a good fit for me

Interview Questions

• What would your feedback review from your previous employer look like? Where does Avascent fit into your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Referred internally because they did not have on-campus recruiting at my West Coast school, two phone interviews, then invited on-site for more behavioral and a case interview lasting all morning.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avascent.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center and got an interview a few weeks later. The on-campus interview was a brief behavioral interview followed by a case study. I quickly learned of my second interview, during which I had an additional handful of interviews with people of all titles at the office. Most of the questions were as expected, they didn't try to be difficult, but it was imperative to know why I chose Avascent specifically. There are dozens of consulting firms in DC, it's important to know why Avascent.

Interview Questions

• Where you would find information about [something really technical that I don't remember]?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, was more than happy with the offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avascent in June 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview where I spoke for 30 minutes with a senior analyst and then 30 minutes with a partner. The analyst interview was behavioral and the partner interview was more scenario based questions along with behavioral type questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

First had on-campus interview with two senior analysts.
    During final round, met with another senior analyst, manager, and the HR director. Ended with a casual lunch with two junior analysts.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I received an interview through my school's career website. There were two parts, a 30-minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case interview. The case related to defense and aerospace, and was pretty direct. I received an email a few days later letting me know I didn't get a second round interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avascent.

Interview

Resume review leading to an on-campus interview. Pretty straight-forward setup (2 30-minute interviews, back to back, one behavioral and one case-study).
    Following those campus interviews, I was invited to interview onsite in DC. This interview process lasted the majority of a day, including interviews with Analysts, Senior Analysts, and even 20 minutes with the President of the company. All the interviews were case-centric, bur not traditional cases like you might find at McKinsey or elsewhere. Each person I met there was manifestly intelligent and excited about their job.

Interview Questions

• Where would you go to find out information about small satellite manufacturers?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avascent.

Interview

1st round - 30 minute behavioral interview and 30 minute case. The behavioral interview was fairly casual. Most questions gauged interest in the company, defense industry, and probed into your educational/professional background. The case was indicative of the type of work they see at Avascent and involved analyzing several charts and a little bit of straight computation.

Within a week, I was notified for second round interviews at the office in DC. This day consisted of interviews with an analyst, a project manager, HR, a lunch with two analysts, and a "surprise" interview with the firm's president. Lots of questions about research techniques and methods.

Interview Questions

• In the final round interview, they really try to gauge your research skills and there were several vague questions about this.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avascent in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus career center and did an on-campus interview. Did a 30-minute behavioral interview with one guy and a 30-minute case interview with someone else. The behavioral interview was very chill and just a conversation but I didn't get along with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The "hardest" question was "how do you manage multiple tasks?"   Answer Question