Avaya

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.9

GMDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

Submitted resume through university. Got a 15-minute call a few weeks later from the recruiter and discussed basic questions such as why did I apply for the position,etc. A week later I was contacted for a 1:1 video interview with the hiring manager, then a week after that I did a longer 1-hour panel interview. The last interview was a 1:1 with the director. HR called and offered me the position verbally a few days later. The next day I was sent a written offer email through HR along with other documents.

Overall the hiring process was excellent. The video interviews were convenient and the software (Avaya's own technology) easy to use. Everyone I encountered throughout the hiring process was professional, efficient, and willing to help.

None, very generous offer

GMDP Named Account Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

Applied through university recruiter- First round phone screening with GMDP recruiter. Second round video interview with hiring manager. Third round panel video interview. Final round in-person with hiring manager. Entire process took around 2 months.

none

Inside Territory Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

Requisitions do not remain open very long and make it difficult to get an interview and complete the on boarding process before the window closes. There is a lot of competition for the offered titles and the panel doesn't always agree on final selections.

non-existent

Pre-Sales Engineer OPENINGS Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

Great first level manager interviews. Interviewing with Sr. SE Leadership a joke. took forever to get any answers out - not sure who they are trying to hire - could not pay just a few more dollars than i have been making for past 2 years.

QA Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya.

submitted resume online and HR scheduled an Video interview with QA manager. the interview lasted about 30 minutes. all the questions were about the details of the projects I have done for my coursework (I'm new grad) and the work I did for my intern. I got a response one week later. maybe my background did not match the position's requirements perfectly, the manager is very friendly and patient.

Interview Questions
    • a little unexpected, because no questions were related to technique. all about the projects on resume (asked almost one by one): what did I do in my previous intern, what kind of tool did I use for analysis (the work I did for intern), the role in the team when doing coursework, what did I do for some specific projects.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avaya.

5 interviews with different managers and HR reps. They were very kind and interested in your history. Process took 3-4 weeks. 50/50 at their office/phone conference. Interviews in different languages

Interview Questions
    Do not tell what salary are you expecting, that can limit your offer, preffer to listen their offer first.

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview process was good . Total of 6 rounds of interview process. The interview process was interactive.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avaya.

The really used to screen their applicants to find qualified people. Now I think they only require opposable thumbs.

Union shop. No negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

Initial communication with an agency. Then two interviews, one with the local folks, one with senior management on EMEA level.

Interview Questions
    • None. Straight forward and very common questions about personal background and attributes.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Avaya in March 2014.

The Regional Sales Leader was knowledgeable about Avaya and the job description. Hopefully the description will be as explained. High pressure, exceptionally nepotistic senior management, too much focus on tactical and not enough on strategic issues,

Interview Questions

Spoke with current employees.