Avaya

Getting the Interview

120 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya in July 2012.

Interview Details – the whole process took within a day. it was pretty quick and fast. All the questions were straight forward. like how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??

Interview Question – how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avaya.

Interview Details – The really used to screen their applicants to find qualified people. Now I think they only require opposable thumbs.

Negotiation Details – Union shop. No negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Avaya.

Interview Details – Initial communication with an agency. Then two interviews, one with the local folks, one with senior management on EMEA level.

Interview Question – None. Straight forward and very common questions about personal background and attributes.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Engineer Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Avaya in March 2014.

Interview Details – The Regional Sales Leader was knowledgeable about Avaya and the job description. Hopefully the description will be as explained. High pressure, exceptionally nepotistic senior management, too much focus on tactical and not enough on strategic issues,

Interview Question – What are you objectives and goals?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Spoke with current employees.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avaya in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward. I came across the position through a referral and ended up interviewing with 4 different people - hiring manager, a teammate, and 2 extended teammates. The interview questions were all straightforward and job related. There were not much questions about "fit" which is unusual. This may go to say something about the distributed culture of the company.

Interview Question – How would I improve the product or design the product of the future   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for a higher signing bonus. Although the hiring manager approved right away it still took over a week for HR to get the approvals. It seems like HR is pretty lean and centralized so they may be overwhelmed.

Systems Engineer Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in October 2010.

Interview Details – Onsite interview with local management team

Interview Question – Why would you work here   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – they told me they could provide higher salary than I was asking

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Sunrise, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview. 2. 2nd Phone Interview. 3. Face to Face with Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Avaya

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avaya in January 2009.

Interview Details – Testing and interviewdid not have any

Interview Question – Did not have any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have fixed amounts they pay per title

Manager Interview

Manager
Westminster, CO

I applied through other source - interviewed at Avaya in March 2009.

Interview Details – I never had to interview - my old co-worker hired me on when he moved to Avaya

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avaya

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!

Avaya Videos

Avaya – Why Work for Us?

About Avaya Avaya is a recognized innovator and leading global provider of real-time business collaboration and communications solutions. The company provides video and unified communications, contact centers, data… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avaya interview questions and advice. All 120 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avaya employees and interview candidates.