Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.9

Sales Operations Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral so the process was very smooth...I did not need to meet with the recruiter or anyone in Human Resources. I applied online after the referral did their thing. The recruiter sent me an email asking for times I would be available for the interview. I proposed a time and it was set with no problems. Received an email with instructions on using the web meeting. Overall it was a good experience. I was the first interview so I will have to wait a bit to hear how I stacked up against the competition.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of situational questions to see how I handled them.   Answer Question

OEFC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone then came in for a 1:1 which lasted around 20 mins and was basically told I had the job before I left. I would say as far as interviews go it was pretty easy but that should have been a sign for the type of company it is.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me back and forth to schedule a call. Eventually we settled a time on the same day over the phone but she never called me back on that day. Disappointing process and unprofessional recruiting staff.

Software Engineer - New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process for new graduate role was very smooth. I got a call from the hiring manager who talked about 30 minutes discussing my resume and qualifications. Then I got onsite call where I met 4 people - 45 minutes each. They tell you to be calm and relaxed and it is comforting environment for the interview but stay alert. They look for behavioral skills more than technical. Technical questions were average one apart from one interview in which I was given a tough programming question.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interviews /phone screen then came in for in person interviews with team members. It was a very nice process. All the interviews went very well, it was a smooth process overall, the team I interviewed with were all very professional and super nice people.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, how i might fit with position listed.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Not very well structured multiple recruiters contacted me for the same interview, which led to a lot of confusion. Recruiter call and a video interview with the hiring manager. Never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with telecommute working   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avaya in December 2014.

Interview

One round through webcam interview. It is pretty cool that the webcam interview works so well. They have a software called Scopia which is easy to load and easy to use. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, know your resume in and out. Also know why you want to join the firm- check out their website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Decently good pay and bonus.

GMDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Submitted resume through university. Got a 15-minute call a few weeks later from the recruiter and discussed basic questions such as why did I apply for the position,etc. A week later I was contacted for a 1:1 video interview with the hiring manager, then a week after that I did a longer 1-hour panel interview. The last interview was a 1:1 with the director. HR called and offered me the position verbally a few days later. The next day I was sent a written offer email through HR along with other documents. Overall the hiring process was excellent. The video interviews were convenient and the software (Avaya's own technology) easy to use. Everyone I encountered throughout the hiring process was professional, efficient, and willing to help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, very generous offer

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Applied through university recruiter- First round phone screening with GMDP recruiter. Second round video interview with hiring manager. Third round panel video interview. Final round in-person with hiring manager. Entire process took around 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Requisitions do not remain open very long and make it difficult to get an interview and complete the on boarding process before the window closes. There is a lot of competition for the offered titles and the panel doesn't always agree on final selections.

Interview Questions

• Describe myself in 5 words or less.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-existent