Avaya

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.9

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in May 2011.

i had a telephonic round 1st then followed by a 1:1 and had a panel of members to interview then the fianl HR round.

Interview Questions
    • technically i had few questions were i was not able to answer   Answer Question
    i did not negotiate anything as i was happy with the offer i got

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avaya in January 2012.

Normally HR contacts the candidate, explain details of the position and expect your consent for further process. Once the candidate expresses interest, a 1 to 1 interview is scheduled. In the interview, there are 2 technical rounds where candidates' technical and domain expertise is evaluated by experts. Technical process normally concludes in a day and HR gets back to selected candidates in a day or two. Candidate can then negotiate on the salary with HR and proceed with the on-boarding process.

Interview Questions
    • Create a UML / Class diagram for a scenario given by the interviewer   Answer Question
    Salary is not a constraint at Avaya.

Named Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in October 2011.

I had a phone interview initially with the hiring DM. This was followed up with a face to face interview with the hiring DM the following week. The week after that I interviewed again with the hiring DM and the VP. I was extended a verbal offer on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • There was a mock sales call during my final interview which was the hardest part of the process.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate some things but not all. I negotiated a sign on bonus.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya in November 2011.

Pphone interview, in-person interview at HQ with 6+ people, then a month later, an in-person interview in CO office where work would be with another 6+ people. Good interviews/questions/responses. People in CO seemed very bright and good engineering team. In spite of promise to inform me of decision either way, never heard anything back at all. Had to push to get them to reimburse travel expenses. Disappointing, but better to find out up front that they are disorganized/poor communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to do some engineering problem solving as part of the interview   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya in May 2011.

Day 1 was amazing in AVAYA..
    it is very transperent company, where you can live you life as well as earn more...

i faced 7 interviews which contains manager, director as well as telephonic interviews. All Based on technical skills as well as you personality and confidence. It is just the awesum place to work and develop your carrier.

As a fresher it is the best place to earn more than other companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avaya in March 2008.

I was called at 2pm reached at 4 pm by 6pm I had all my rounds cleared

Interview Questions
    They never negotiate.. just come up with a package

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in April 2011.

Interview with the Services Manager, interview with an Engagement Manager, interview with the Services Director, Background Screening process, which consists in checking if the information provided in our resume is real.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to be an Engagement Manager if I came from a Project Management background.   View Answer
    Non negotiable. There was already a salary and benefits package defined for this position.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya.

3 technical rounds and final HR round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in November 2011.

- very technical, lots of good questions;
    - a team of four senior engineers plus manager;
    - whole process takes several weeks, patience needed

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to write code with zero errors?   View Answer
    No negotiation, the offers was good.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in March 2008.

Minimum 3 levels of interview, Resume screening is very stringent.
    Interview is detailed, no nonsense and too the point. Evaluated for your potential as well during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies, Situation analysis questions are quite difficult. Most of them are real and not manufactured situations.   View Answer
    1 month