Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Senior Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)).

Interview

The process was good only problem was the HR Associate lost all the documents that I had submitted (copies) and so I had to do it again. And I wasn't even informed that the loss has happened. Was just asked to submit. When probed realized the folly.

Interview Questions

• General interview about my past experience and what new can I bring here   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation. I was paid based on my last drawn salary.

OEFC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avaya.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone then came in for a 1:1 which lasted around 20 mins and was basically told I had the job before I left. I would say as far as interviews go it was pretty easy but that should have been a sign for the type of company it is.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me back and forth to schedule a call. Eventually we settled a time on the same day over the phone but she never called me back on that day. Disappointing process and unprofessional recruiting staff.

SRM Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

First interview with HR. More focused on soft skills
    Second interview with hiring manager. Review of past work experience and technical questions related to job
    Third interview with Hiring manager and 2 Peers. Looking to see whether I would be a fit with the team and adapt

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who refuses upgrades?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had an increas in $2,000 from original offer. Benefits from day 1.

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Milan (Italy)) in April 2011.

Interview

initial scan made through phone, followed by in-person interview with direct manager and HR representative. Additional interview with another manager conducted by phone. Following few phone contacts with HR to send info about salary. I have not been requested a proof od academic records

Interview Questions

• Experience with channel management, specific experience with channel in telco environment. Another question on strategy I would have adopted on channels to increase sales.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in October 2014.

Interview

It consisted of three phases

1) one-to-one interview with the outsorcing company (PROBECARIOS)

2) Groupal Assessment, where we were put in teams of 3 people and had to present a business case, and try to sell it to the board (I think this was the most difficult stage)

3) Interview with the Pre-Sales managers in Mexico

Interview Questions

• What do you think it is the most importan thing for success?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interviews /phone screen then came in for in person interviews with team members. It was a very nice process. All the interviews went very well, it was a smooth process overall, the team I interviewed with were all very professional and super nice people.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, how i might fit with position listed.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Galway (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward and pleasant process. Interview started with details about myself and education, then projects I had worked on, team size, problems faced and solutions. Then they had a couple of technical questions for me and after that they gave a programming problem to solve. That was all.The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Multithreading, polymorphism and other OOP and Operating system concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was quite good, so I didnt feel the need to negotiate.

Advanced Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya (Norwalk, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed 3 times by 3 different people. They asked many technical questions. They were only concerned about technical skills. For the most part, the process was quick. They described the job, talked about being able to duplicate the work and their mentor program. All three interviewers were concerned about how long I would work in the position. They talked about travel requirements and their passion for obtaining customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• How do you achieve and know you have achieved a delighted client?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avaya in December 2014.

Interview

One round through webcam interview. It is pretty cool that the webcam interview works so well. They have a software called Scopia which is easy to load and easy to use. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, know your resume in and out. Also know why you want to join the firm- check out their website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Decently good pay and bonus.