Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.9

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in April 2011.

initial scan made through phone, followed by in-person interview with direct manager and HR representative. Additional interview with another manager conducted by phone. Following few phone contacts with HR to send info about salary. I have not been requested a proof od academic records

Interview Questions
    • Experience with channel management, specific experience with channel in telco environment. Another question on strategy I would have adopted on channels to increase sales.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in October 2014.

It consisted of three phases

1) one-to-one interview with the outsorcing company (PROBECARIOS)

2) Groupal Assessment, where we were put in teams of 3 people and had to present a business case, and try to sell it to the board (I think this was the most difficult stage)

3) Interview with the Pre-Sales managers in Mexico

Interview Questions
    • What do you think it is the most importan thing for success?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya.

Phone interviews /phone screen then came in for in person interviews with team members. It was a very nice process. All the interviews went very well, it was a smooth process overall, the team I interviewed with were all very professional and super nice people.

Interview Questions
    • Past experiences, how i might fit with position listed.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in January 2015.

Very straight forward and pleasant process. Interview started with details about myself and education, then projects I had worked on, team size, problems faced and solutions. Then they had a couple of technical questions for me and after that they gave a programming problem to solve. That was all.The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Multithreading, polymorphism and other OOP and Operating system concepts.   Answer Question
    Offer was quite good, so I didnt feel the need to negotiate.

Advanced Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya in June 2011.

I was interviewed 3 times by 3 different people. They asked many technical questions. They were only concerned about technical skills. For the most part, the process was quick. They described the job, talked about being able to duplicate the work and their mentor program. All three interviewers were concerned about how long I would work in the position. They talked about travel requirements and their passion for obtaining customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions
    • How do you achieve and know you have achieved a delighted client?   Answer Question

Graduate Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avaya in December 2014.

One round through webcam interview. It is pretty cool that the webcam interview works so well. They have a software called Scopia which is easy to load and easy to use. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, know your resume in and out. Also know why you want to join the firm- check out their website.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Decently good pay and bonus.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avaya.

Not very well structured multiple recruiters contacted me for the same interview, which led to a lot of confusion. Recruiter call and a video interview with the hiring manager. Never heard back from them

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you with telecommute working   View Answer

IT Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in September 2011.

It took 4 months since I applied till I got a call from Avaya.
    The interviews were held in a very friendly, yet professional manner. Always be properly dressed!
    After a conversation with my future manager, I was requested to call a German employee so that he tested my German skills.

Interview Questions
    • IT question related to networks. An IT technician present there helped me answer it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I accepted what they offered me as it was.

Data Network Product Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya in December 2014.

"The Power of We"

Should be "What a Joke We Are"

Initial Interview - Recruiter(India Based) phone based
    Didn't know anything about the role
    Took 2 days to get a JD to me, after numerous follow ups. It consisted of 4 lines

2nd Interview (Hiring Manager) Video Conf
    Good interview with detailed outline of role etc- was told he would put me through to 2-3 decision makers. MD of Country, VP of Region and perhaps Global VP/CTO

Follow Up Recruiter Call
    Suggested days/times for numerous interviews

This is where the rot set in, and quickly. Recruiter was hard to get a hold of. Kept telling me he couldn't get a response from the 2 Execs who were part of the decision making process. Wow, that speaks volumes of internal communication levels.

It gets worse. Finally one responded, apparently, but he never showed for the scheduled interview. Called US office, left voice message and spoke to a real person. Asked to be called or emailed back. Neither happened. Eventually given 2 different stories for why he didn't attend by recruiter and hiring manager.

By this time, I had started dealing with the Hiring Manager directly. Stated he would sort it. Another week passes, nothing. When I reached out to him, all he could say was, "they haven't done it?". "Ok, I'll get onto it". Another week, still nothing. Numerous emails/sms etc sent, still nothing.

Finally, a scheduled interview, rushed in just before xmas break. Less than a 24hr working hour notice. With all that was happening, I guess I kinda dropped off in intensity. It may have shown a little.

3rd Interview
    Rushed, sporadic, lacked any direction. Never even got into numbers, targets, wins, sales approaches etc at previous or current roles. Felt like it was just a quick chit chat. I'd give it a 3/10. This was from a Regional VP. Mind boggling.

Result
    Went 2.5 weeks with nothing. Emails/Called HR contact now in Singapore. Been almost a week, still no response from her. Appalling! Finally, after numerous email/calls to Hiring Manager, told I was overlooked. When I queried this more, was told that 3 decision makers are part of the process. That's weird, I only met 2. It seems I was short changed in being allowed to impress. Where was the interview with the Country MD? Where was the interview with the VP/CTO?

Overall Impression
    And these guys want to take market share off the likes of Cisco/Juniper in the networking space. Haven't a hope in hell!

GMDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

Submitted resume through university. Got a 15-minute call a few weeks later from the recruiter and discussed basic questions such as why did I apply for the position,etc. A week later I was contacted for a 1:1 video interview with the hiring manager, then a week after that I did a longer 1-hour panel interview. The last interview was a 1:1 with the director. HR called and offered me the position verbally a few days later. The next day I was sent a written offer email through HR along with other documents.

Overall the hiring process was excellent. The video interviews were convenient and the software (Avaya's own technology) easy to use. Everyone I encountered throughout the hiring process was professional, efficient, and willing to help.

None, very generous offer