Avaya

2.9

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in March 2014.

Pretty straight forward interview. They ask you questions about the stuff on your resume. They try to make sure that you are a good fit by evaluating your previous experience

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avaya.

1. Phone Interview. 2. 2nd Phone Interview. 3. Face to Face with Hiring Manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya in December 2013.

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I came across the position through a referral and ended up interviewing with 4 different people - hiring manager, a teammate, and 2 extended teammates. The interview questions were all straightforward and job related. There were not much questions about "fit" which is unusual. This may go to say something about the distributed culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would I improve the product or design the product of the future   Answer Question
    I negotiated for a higher signing bonus. Although the hiring manager approved right away it still took over a week for HR to get the approvals. It seems like HR is pretty lean and centralized so they may be overwhelmed.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avaya in December 2013.

Interview with direct hiring manager. Very understanding in working around my schedule for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview consist of discussion my career path and overall discussion about the company.   Answer Question
    Very easy... I asked for what I wanted and without hesitation they gave it to me.

Named Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in December 2013.

This was the best interview process that I have gone through in a long time. The recruiter were very responsive and the interview process went very quickly, which was great for me. After my initial contact from Avaya Recruiter, I had an interview with another Avaya recruiter, which was followed by 2 one-on-one interviews with direct report sales leader and VP of Sales. It was great that my meeting with VP of Sales was via VTC and held on Xmas Eve so not to hold up the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview questions were standard and not difficult to answer since my experience and skillset matched my resume.   Answer Question
    A course...that's because I am a sales person. smile

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avaya.

Applied online through MassTLC and got a call within a week to do a phone interview right then. Having not prepared, I told them I was busy and rescheduled for the next day. Phone interview was only about 15 minutes and a breeze: very general questions about experience, why Avaya, that sort of thing. Set up a time over the phone to come in for onsite interview when I was going to in the area a week later. Onsite was 2:1, only behavioral questions, and extremely comfortable. They extended an offer within 2 weeks of onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Biggest strength, biggest weakness, what do you want out of your first internship, really basic personal questions.   Answer Question
    This was for a summer internship and they were extremely flexible for start and end time - i started two weeks before they initially asked and ended almost a month early due to a study abroad program I mentioned in the interview.

Inside Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya.

Multiple level interview, great questions, collaborative company

Relocation was excellent

Named Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

HR Recruiters can't explain what job role entails. HR messed up compensation package several times before getting it right. Interview with Lead and Director helped seal the deal in accepting position

Little to no room