Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online, rather smooth interview process. Impressed by their professionalism

Services Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya.

Interview

2 interviews in phone. 1 face to face interview with senior director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered 700000 and asked for a higher amount as I was moving cities. They offered me 100k more.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR, on site review with several levels of managment

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

the whole process took within a day. it was pretty quick and fast. All the questions were straight forward. like how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online. There was a initial one on one interview. Followed this with a Peer Panel Interview. Questions were asked around the account management and customer satisfaction. Different project managers had different questions around client management, travel

Interview Questions

• Describe your most challenging project in details. Describe the issues you ran into and how you overcame those.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was fair. They already knew what my prior total compensation was, so the offer was slightly higher. I was happy with the offer, and did not negotiate further.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial communication from the company was from a corporate recruiter in New Jersey. This recruiter did not have answers to any questions regarding culture, salary range but did set up an interview for the next week with the hiring manager. 2 weeks later the hiring manager called and set up an interview time. During the interview the hiring manager was interrupted several times as he was trying to multitask an interview and several in house duties at the same time. Interview ended and he said the corporate recruiter would be calling me back later that week. After a week I called both the recruiter and hiring manager, reached a voicemail. Left message requesting call back. Two days later I called again, left another message requesting a call back. Several months have passed and I have not yet heard from them. Very unprofessional hiring process just based on the lack of respect for those that are being interviewed

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any specific questions, on the generic "tell me about you and asking about my previous experience" questions.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Got in touch via recruiter. Pretty straight forward interview. Took about 2 days between 5-6 people. Questions were easy. Didn't get the job since i was told that there were looking for someone with more experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

5-6 reviewers all in one day. They set me up in a conference room and did speed dating. One of the interviewers kept checking their phone. One was dressed in jeans. That caught me by surprise.

Interview Questions

• What had I learned during my research   1 Answer

Senior Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Highlands Ranch, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

I hired into my current position as an internal transfer from the Sales Organization, but based on my experience in interviewing outside employees the only part of the process that was different was the discussions around salary, job title and start date. After I submitted for the position I was contacted by one of the recruiters in HR. She discussed my resume with me and asked very generic questions around specific job functions, how often I did certain things, and general "if you were a tree" kind of questions. The second interview was with the manager of the group I work in and one of the engineers. The line of questioning was more centered around expectations and previous experience on systems and company process. The tone and pace of this interview will vary wildly depending on which Manager and which technical expert is on the call as well as how much previous knowledge of Avaya systems you currently have.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions during my interview, but I expect that is more because of my tenure with the company. Also I had worked extensively with people in that organization and the hiring manager was able to ask around about me before the interview. Your mileage may vary. Again, it depends on how much knowledge you have of Avaya systems. If you have none, it isn't much of and issue. Expect more questions around how you would handle certain customer scenarios and generic telecom and networking questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relatively strait forward. I told them what I would be looking for during the interview, so when the offer came in, we were already close on terms.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

Pphone interview, in-person interview at HQ with 6+ people, then a month later, an in-person interview in CO office where work would be with another 6+ people. Good interviews/questions/responses. People in CO seemed very bright and good engineering team. In spite of promise to inform me of decision either way, never heard anything back at all. Had to push to get them to reimburse travel expenses. Disappointing, but better to find out up front that they are disorganized/poor communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Asked to do some engineering problem solving as part of the interview   1 Answer