Avaya

2.9

Global Order Fulfillment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in July 2011.

Two introductions after follow up on networking. Specific opportuntiy interview face to face. One follow up interview with HR. The process was simple and fair. I was given an opportunity to answer and ask questions. I took responsiblity to not only follow up with a thank you but also to provde a 3 chart presentation on recommended actions and possible improvement task/scenarios

Easy and Fair

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in June 2011.

Couple of phone interviews, flight out for face-to-face interviews with team and flight out to meet with executive.

They offered what I asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya in March 2011.

I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Web Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in March 2011.

The interview process was an optimistic experience, mainly based on the initial hiring manager. The goals projected in the interview felt clear and strong.

Following the interview process the background check was a nightmare, and in retrospect a red flag about the company. The vendor assigned to the background check performed MINIMAL service, requiring me to comb through old documents, paystubs, etc in order to prove my employment record. The literally would not call a company more than once to verify employment. This required a near pack-rat method of document storage in order to pass the check.

Onboarding was also an ultimately worthless process requiring much personal time that did not translate into a running start with the company.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your strategy for working with an internal IT unit that operates with different goals, budgets, and needs from your team's project?"   View Answer
    The company offers a very competitive salary, but it will likely remain frozen for the duration of your career there.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avaya in February 2011.

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya in December 2010.

Very basic interviewing via telephone calls with manager and then with one or two people that would be peers on the same team. Questions were primarily concerned with technical skills, experience with specific platforms, and vertical markets that projects were conducted in. There were also some questions about expectations on quality of life, work-life-balance, and the typical question about why I left my last employer. Total interview process was fairly standard and not challenging. The peer interviews were actually more in depth than the manager interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you mind traveling most of the time and giving up weekends and holidays without much notice?   Answer Question
    N/A - salary need was stated up front and agreed upon. No real negotiation was required and management made it fairly clear that higher salary was not available at that point.

Systems Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in November 2010.

Objective testing process. You take several battery tests for abilities & skills based on the job you're applying for. If you pass them you get hired - no interview process for "craft" jobs. This is a fair and non-discriminatory process. You cant be weeded out just because someone doesn't like your looks.

For craft jobs, there is no negotiation. You go by a Union contract with set pay and increases, with an explanation of your benefits.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avaya in November 2010.

The interview was very casual.The interviewer was in a hurry.I was asked questions on Marker Interfaces, Normalisation, JSF, JSP.None of the questions were difficult.I was also quizzed on my past project experience.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avaya in November 2010.

I am still in the interview process, but I am getting a bad feeling about Avaya after my experience and reading GD. I was asked to interview on weekend. That's my personal time. I said ok because I think I may like to work for Avaya. Now I am getting follow up calls on Sunday, that's really my personal time.

The phone interview was very casual, asking me about myself and my previous experience in telecom. Lasted just over a hour. I have some follow up interviews scheduled and a drug test.

On one hand it can be seen as they are very busy and need to hire, good, but I don't want to be a 24/7 employee. Hard work yes, indentured servant no.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avaya in October 2010.

I had to interview with the Management team (Director Level) first. I then had to interview with each of the Account Managers on the Sales team that i would be supporting. Last i interviewed with the engineering manager that i would report to. They asked various technical and personality questions. Reviewed my past history and just had general conversation to make sure I had sales abilities.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about various voice protocols and their use   View Answer
    • personal experience selling to C-level executive and presentation skills.   View Answer
    Avaya was open to negotiations. Work closely with them and make sure you get close to what you are looking for.