Avaya

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avaya in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interviews. The first was during campus recruiting, with a recent alumnus from our program. The second was that same week but with an executive. The third interview was a fly-back to HQ, where we met with three different interviewers. All of the interviews were conversational, where one response led to followup questions. Questions pertained to my particular background/resume, which I appreciated. These were not cookie-cutter interviews but rather personalized to me, the candidate.

Interview Question – Of everybody you've met so far, who do you want to be your mentor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked about my other offer details, and then they came back to me with a comparable package.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Westminster, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication from the company was from a corporate recruiter in New Jersey. This recruiter did not have answers to any questions regarding culture, salary range but did set up an interview for the next week with the hiring manager. 2 weeks later the hiring manager called and set up an interview time. During the interview the hiring manager was interrupted several times as he was trying to multitask an interview and several in house duties at the same time. Interview ended and he said the corporate recruiter would be calling me back later that week. After a week I called both the recruiter and hiring manager, reached a voicemail. Left message requesting call back. Two days later I called again, left another message requesting a call back. Several months have passed and I have not yet heard from them. Very unprofessional hiring process just based on the lack of respect for those that are being interviewed

Interview Question – I do not recall any specific questions, on the generic "tell me about you and asking about my previous experience" questions.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Junior Software Developer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya in January 2012.

Interview Details – Got in touch via recruiter. Pretty straight forward interview. Took about 2 days between 5-6 people. Questions were easy. Didn't get the job since i was told that there were looking for someone with more experience.

Interview Question – abstract Class vs Interface   View Answers (2)

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Westminster, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avaya in November 2011.

Interview Details – Pphone interview, in-person interview at HQ with 6+ people, then a month later, an in-person interview in CO office where work would be with another 6+ people. Good interviews/questions/responses. People in CO seemed very bright and good engineering team. In spite of promise to inform me of decision either way, never heard anything back at all. Had to push to get them to reimburse travel expenses. Disappointing, but better to find out up front that they are disorganized/poor communication skills.

Interview Question – Asked to do some engineering problem solving as part of the interview   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avaya in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had to interview with the Management team (Director Level) first. I then had to interview with each of the Account Managers on the Sales team that i would be supporting. Last i interviewed with the engineering manager that i would report to. They asked various technical and personality questions. Reviewed my past history and just had general conversation to make sure I had sales abilities.

Interview Questions

• Asking about various voice protocols and their use   View Answer
  • personal experience selling to C-level executive and presentation skills.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Avaya was open to negotiations. Work closely with them and make sure you get close to what you are looking for.

Named Account Manager III Interview

Named Account Manager III
Basking Ridge, NJ

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview initially with the hiring DM. This was followed up with a face to face interview with the hiring DM the following week. The week after that I interviewed again with the hiring DM and the VP. I was extended a verbal offer on Friday.

Interview Question – There was a mock sales call during my final interview which was the hardest part of the process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate some things but not all. I negotiated a sign on bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Global Order Fulfillment Interview

Global Order Fulfillment
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in July 2011.

Interview Details – Two introductions after follow up on networking. Specific opportuntiy interview face to face. One follow up interview with HR. The process was simple and fair. I was given an opportunity to answer and ask questions. I took responsiblity to not only follow up with a thank you but also to provde a 3 chart presentation on recommended actions and possible improvement task/scenarios

Interview Question – Why do the "sales team love you"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and Fair

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya in March 2011.

Interview Details – I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Support Manager Interview

Sales Support Manager
Gainesville, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Avaya in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 people interview me at different times. The manager interviewed me first. She gave me a run-down of the structure of the company, department and culture. She then asked me to describe myself and how I would fit into the group with my skillset and personality. The second person to interview me was one of the other Sales Support Managers. This started by describing the everyday activities and then materialized into 'what would you do in this scenario' type of interview.

Interview Question – Scenario questions about how you approach a certain type of interaction with the account team or customer.   Answer Question

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Systems Engineering Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had initial contact with Human Resources which was a dialogue to see if there was mutual interest. This was followed up with local interviews both in person and by phone with a variety of departments.
HR followed up quickly and discussion around which position and compensation took place. Once we reached an agreement. Avaya HR followed up with an offer, which I accepted. The process was efficient and the Avaya people very responsive.

Interview Question – Why did I want to leave my current company to join Avaya   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate somewhat. I advice others to explore details of how often the bonus met full % match.