Avaya

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in October 2010.

Onsite interview with local management team

Interview Questions
    they told me they could provide higher salary than I was asking

Tier III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in August 2010.

4 separate tech tests, 2 interviews. group interviews, then logical test,then driving test and finally a panel interview for those who made it that far. those that passed started training shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • why do you feel you would be a good fit at avaya?   View Answer
    no negotiations on pay,

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in August 2010.

It began with an employee referral, then an internal recruiter screening. The next step was an interview with the manager to be, over the phone. Finally, the panel interview took place where an offer was presented. Negotiations went on from there.

Interview Questions
    • One that was interesting and new to me was, "What kind of car do you drive and why?" Follow up question, "There are a lot of very affordable, high quality used cars, so why would you drive something that expensive?"   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was very fair, realistic expectations were met, and very professional.

Electronic Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avaya in June 2010.

Recruiter: Detailed job history, education, references,and addresses for last 10 years. Employer: Electronics test, and soldering test. Would have taken job if during the day.

Interview Questions

Didn't want to work nights

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in June 2010.

I had initial contact with Human Resources which was a dialogue to see if there was mutual interest. This was followed up with local interviews both in person and by phone with a variety of departments.
    HR followed up quickly and discussion around which position and compensation took place. Once we reached an agreement. Avaya HR followed up with an offer, which I accepted. The process was efficient and the Avaya people very responsive.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to leave my current company to join Avaya   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate somewhat. I advice others to explore details of how often the bonus met full % match.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya in February 2010.

I was surfing the web for jobs in the Call Center market and came across openings for Avaya. It required that I have a login in and password and account before I proceeded. After several attempts I was able to create an account. Once in the site I had to find the original job I was interested in. There are hundreds of jobs listed there. After finding the job I followed instructions and upload my resume and cover letter. Then I was required to answer several pages of questions. After the application was complete it took 2 weeks before I was contacted to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How familiar are you with Avaya Skilled based routing?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avaya in October 2009.

The interview process was great. It was for a position within my office and the interview was exactly what I expected. I am still in the process for the job, but I put no offer because I have not actually received an offer at this point. I will keep this site updated through the process.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avaya in October 2009.

Company was very quick to respond throughout the process, after submitting resume a few email exchanges were made, phone interview was set up then an on-site interview took place. The on-site interview lasted 6 hours and was interviewed by 8 different people throughout that time. The people seemed 'normal' for the most part but there were areas with the nerdy and quiet stereotypes.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer described a situation using only Avaya hardware and software and said there was a problem on the user end. What specific steps would I take to troubleshoot that scenario and how would I relate the results of that process to my boss in laymans terms.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in July 2009.

Initial interview was via phone - standard reiteration of the submitted resume.
    Second interview was with the manager and dealt with my previous experience and what I had accomplished
    Third interview was with the Senior Manager - more of a warm/fuzzy, get-to-know-you interview.
    Fourth interview was with the Director - again one of those get-to-know-you interviews.
    The latter 2 appeared to be justification interviews, The decision had already been made and upper management just wanted to check.

Interview Questions
    They knew my previous salary and topped it with a moving bonus.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through other source – interviewed at Avaya in March 2009.

I never had to interview - my old co-worker hired me on when he moved to Avaya