Avaya Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in June 2010.

I had initial contact with Human Resources which was a dialogue to see if there was mutual interest. This was followed up with local interviews both in person and by phone with a variety of departments.
    HR followed up quickly and discussion around which position and compensation took place. Once we reached an agreement. Avaya HR followed up with an offer, which I accepted. The process was efficient and the Avaya people very responsive.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to leave my current company to join Avaya   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate somewhat. I advice others to explore details of how often the bonus met full % match.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya in February 2011.

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Avaya in October 2009.

Company was very quick to respond throughout the process, after submitting resume a few email exchanges were made, phone interview was set up then an on-site interview took place. The on-site interview lasted 6 hours and was interviewed by 8 different people throughout that time. The people seemed 'normal' for the most part but there were areas with the nerdy and quiet stereotypes.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer described a situation using only Avaya hardware and software and said there was a problem on the user end. What specific steps would I take to troubleshoot that scenario and how would I relate the results of that process to my boss in laymans terms.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Avaya in November 2010.

I am still in the interview process, but I am getting a bad feeling about Avaya after my experience and reading GD. I was asked to interview on weekend. That's my personal time. I said ok because I think I may like to work for Avaya. Now I am getting follow up calls on Sunday, that's really my personal time.

The phone interview was very casual, asking me about myself and my previous experience in telecom. Lasted just over a hour. I have some follow up interviews scheduled and a drug test.

On one hand it can be seen as they are very busy and need to hire, good, but I don't want to be a 24/7 employee. Hard work yes, indentured servant no.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Avaya in November 2010.

The interview was very casual.The interviewer was in a hurry.I was asked questions on Marker Interfaces, Normalisation, JSF, JSP.None of the questions were difficult.I was also quizzed on my past project experience.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya in February 2010.

I was surfing the web for jobs in the Call Center market and came across openings for Avaya. It required that I have a login in and password and account before I proceeded. After several attempts I was able to create an account. Once in the site I had to find the original job I was interested in. There are hundreds of jobs listed there. After finding the job I followed instructions and upload my resume and cover letter. Then I was required to answer several pages of questions. After the application was complete it took 2 weeks before I was contacted to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How familiar are you with Avaya Skilled based routing?   Answer Question

Electronic Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya in June 2010.

Recruiter: Detailed job history, education, references,and addresses for last 10 years. Employer: Electronics test, and soldering test. Would have taken job if during the day.

Interview Questions

Didn't want to work nights

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Avaya in October 2009.

The interview process was great. It was for a position within my office and the interview was exactly what I expected. I am still in the process for the job, but I put no offer because I have not actually received an offer at this point. I will keep this site updated through the process.

Client Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in June 2008.

Professional process from HR - Hiring Mgr. Unique in that I interviewed my peers. This was helpful in deciding to accept the offer. The number and types of interviews went from HR initial to hiring manager to HR Manager, to Panel Interview. Part of the interviews were by phone. The preception of the people and work culture seemed to remind me of HP when it was the #3 company to work for. I knew after being interviewed and having the opportunity to interview peers, this was a company that I would suceed within.

Interview Questions
    • What was the craziest thing you ever did to get a sale?   View Answer
    Salary, non recoverable draw. The best advice I would offer to others is time is your advantage. Remain consistant and tanecous, be willing to decide what to give and what to take. Balance the give and takes.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Avaya in December 2007.

Phone interview last approx. 30 minutes. Internal within the company. I was getting laid off at the time. Employer asked about my previous experience and he felt I would be a good fit for his organization. He offered me the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest challenge on your previous job and how did you handle it..   View Answer

This was my second lay off with the company within 2 years. Tired of dodging the bullet and wanted to move to another company with a fresh start. I had another option of doing the same job (which I loved) only as a sub-contractor rather than a prime contractor.