Avaya Project Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Initial communication with an agency. Then two interviews, one with the local folks, one with senior management on EMEA level.

Interview Questions

• None. Straight forward and very common questions about personal background and attributes.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in July 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was via phone - standard reiteration of the submitted resume.
    Second interview was with the manager and dealt with my previous experience and what I had accomplished
    Third interview was with the Senior Manager - more of a warm/fuzzy, get-to-know-you interview.
    Fourth interview was with the Director - again one of those get-to-know-you interviews.
    The latter 2 appeared to be justification interviews, The decision had already been made and upper management just wanted to check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They knew my previous salary and topped it with a moving bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in December 2007.

Interview

Phone interview last approx. 30 minutes. Internal within the company. I was getting laid off at the time. Employer asked about my previous experience and he felt I would be a good fit for his organization. He offered me the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge on your previous job and how did you handle it..   1 Answer

This was my second lay off with the company within 2 years. Tired of dodging the bullet and wanted to move to another company with a fresh start. I had another option of doing the same job (which I loved) only as a sub-contractor rather than a prime contractor.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Moscow (Russia)) in February 2012.

Interview

Application process was straightforward. It took 3 weeks from the 1st interview to the offer.
    There were 3 interviews (not including recruiting agency meetings) and a background check performed after offer was provided
    First interview was with the HR. Quite standard quuestions were discussed.
    Second was with local supervisor and head of the department. In depth discussions about background, experience, expectations and position details.
    Third and the final. Phone interview with the department supervisor located outiside of the country. Less detailed comparing with the 2nd interview but covering the same areas
    Background check took 2 to 3 weeks to be completed.

Interview Questions

• I would say that quite often it is asked to provide evidence how you deal with difficult situations.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in September 2011.

Interview

After being referred, HR contacted me by email to verify data I entered through referral system. Then I was contacted by phone and moved on to a 1 on 1 interview with HR and the regional manager. Once my profile was approved by both of them, an interview with my potential manager was scheduled. However, it was cancelled at the last minute and had to set up a conference call from home with someone else (body language and thorough skill evaluation was not was not performed as a result). Finally, I got a call from HR detailing final proposal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't get to negotiate, proposal was better than salary and benefits I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Avaya in September 2011.

Interview

Very thorough and in-depth interview by geographically dispersed interviewers, in office and connected by audio conference; second interview was in a different location - meeting with 3 interviewers. Focus on the knowledge, personal skills and the value that you are bringing to the company.
    People are not formalistic and looking for real value and essence, yet very approachable.