Avaya

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Avaya.

Interview Details – Initial communication with an agency. Then two interviews, one with the local folks, one with senior management on EMEA level.

Interview Question – None. Straight forward and very common questions about personal background and attributes.   Answer Question

Westminster, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initial interview was via phone - standard reiteration of the submitted resume.
Second interview was with the manager and dealt with my previous experience and what I had accomplished
Third interview was with the Senior Manager - more of a warm/fuzzy, get-to-know-you interview.
Fourth interview was with the Director - again one of those get-to-know-you interviews.
The latter 2 appeared to be justification interviews, The decision had already been made and upper management just wanted to check.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They knew my previous salary and topped it with a moving bonus.

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Avaya in December 2007.

Interview Details – Phone interview last approx. 30 minutes. Internal within the company. I was getting laid off at the time. Employer asked about my previous experience and he felt I would be a good fit for his organization. He offered me the job the same day.

Interview Question – What was the greatest challenge on your previous job and how did you handle it..   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This was my second lay off with the company within 2 years. Tired of dodging the bullet and wanted to move to another company with a fresh start. I had another option of doing the same job (which I loved) only as a sub-contractor rather than a prime contractor.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Moscow (Russia)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in February 2012.

Interview Details – Application process was straightforward. It took 3 weeks from the 1st interview to the offer.
There were 3 interviews (not including recruiting agency meetings) and a background check performed after offer was provided
First interview was with the HR. Quite standard quuestions were discussed.
Second was with local supervisor and head of the department. In depth discussions about background, experience, expectations and position details.
Third and the final. Phone interview with the department supervisor located outiside of the country. Less detailed comparing with the 2nd interview but covering the same areas
Background check took 2 to 3 weeks to be completed.

Interview Question – I would say that quite often it is asked to provide evidence how you deal with difficult situations.   Answer Question

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in September 2011.

Interview Details – After being referred, HR contacted me by email to verify data I entered through referral system. Then I was contacted by phone and moved on to a 1 on 1 interview with HR and the regional manager. Once my profile was approved by both of them, an interview with my potential manager was scheduled. However, it was cancelled at the last minute and had to set up a conference call from home with someone else (body language and thorough skill evaluation was not was not performed as a result). Finally, I got a call from HR detailing final proposal.

Interview Question – Describe how you'd organize a development project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't get to negotiate, proposal was better than salary and benefits I asked for.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Avaya in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very thorough and in-depth interview by geographically dispersed interviewers, in office and connected by audio conference; second interview was in a different location - meeting with 3 interviewers. Focus on the knowledge, personal skills and the value that you are bringing to the company.
People are not formalistic and looking for real value and essence, yet very approachable.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avaya

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!

Avaya Videos

Avaya – Why Work for Us?

About Avaya Avaya is a recognized innovator and leading global provider of real-time business collaboration and communications solutions. The company provides video and unified communications, contact centers, data… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avaya Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avaya employees and interview candidates.