Avaya

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Customer Support Engineer Interview

Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avaya in December 2011.

Interview Details – I hired into my current position as an internal transfer from the Sales Organization, but based on my experience in interviewing outside employees the only part of the process that was different was the discussions around salary, job title and start date.

After I submitted for the position I was contacted by one of the recruiters in HR. She discussed my resume with me and asked very generic questions around specific job functions, how often I did certain things, and general "if you were a tree" kind of questions.

The second interview was with the manager of the group I work in and one of the engineers. The line of questioning was more centered around expectations and previous experience on systems and company process. The tone and pace of this interview will vary wildly depending on which Manager and which technical expert is on the call as well as how much previous knowledge of Avaya systems you currently have.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions during my interview, but I expect that is more because of my tenure with the company. Also I had worked extensively with people in that organization and the hiring manager was able to ask around about me before the interview. Your mileage may vary. Again, it depends on how much knowledge you have of Avaya systems. If you have none, it isn't much of and issue. Expect more questions around how you would handle certain customer scenarios and generic telecom and networking questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively strait forward. I told them what I would be looking for during the interview, so when the offer came in, we were already close on terms.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Avaya

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!

Avaya Videos

Avaya – Why Work for Us?

About Avaya Avaya is a recognized innovator and leading global provider of real-time business collaboration and communications solutions. The company provides video and unified communications, contact centers, data… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avaya Senior Customer Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Avaya employees and interview candidates.