Avaya

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in December 2011.

I hired into my current position as an internal transfer from the Sales Organization, but based on my experience in interviewing outside employees the only part of the process that was different was the discussions around salary, job title and start date.

After I submitted for the position I was contacted by one of the recruiters in HR. She discussed my resume with me and asked very generic questions around specific job functions, how often I did certain things, and general "if you were a tree" kind of questions.

The second interview was with the manager of the group I work in and one of the engineers. The line of questioning was more centered around expectations and previous experience on systems and company process. The tone and pace of this interview will vary wildly depending on which Manager and which technical expert is on the call as well as how much previous knowledge of Avaya systems you currently have.

Interview Questions
  • There were no unexpected questions during my interview, but I expect that is more because of my tenure with the company. Also I had worked extensively with people in that organization and the hiring manager was able to ask around about me before the interview. Your mileage may vary. Again, it depends on how much knowledge you have of Avaya systems. If you have none, it isn't much of and issue. Expect more questions around how you would handle certain customer scenarios and generic telecom and networking questions.   Answer Question
Relatively strait forward. I told them what I would be looking for during the interview, so when the offer came in, we were already close on terms.