Avaya

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Avaya in October 2008.

Interview Details – Vast building. No one to meet you at security. Relied on mobile call to get in the door. Culture vibrant. Positive atmosphere. Great services on sight. Interview began with questions about life, family. Then proceeded to experience. Fairly standard. Second technical interview by panel (three developers). Challenging technical questions, but nothing abnormal or remarkable.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions center on Avaya product. They put emphasis on the skill set of course, but are definitely concerned more with how you would apply that skill set to their stack.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiated working virtually. No hitches.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Avaya in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very casual.The interviewer was in a hurry.I was asked questions on Marker Interfaces, Normalisation, JSF, JSP.None of the questions were difficult.I was also quizzed on my past project experience.

Interview Questions

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya.

Interview Details – Interview process was very smooth. The HR contacts and gives confirmation of various interview rounds... There were around 4 rounds in total.
First round was a technical telephonic round where the interviewer asked many deep technical questions.
Another rounds were face to face rounds with manager, Sr manager and director followed by HR round

Interview Question – Director gave me a piece of paper and asked to write a para on a specific topic.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Avaya in June 2012.

Interview Details – My first encounter with Avaya was horrible to say the least. The interviewer was condescending, and arrogant. I rejected their offer even though they sent me the offer letter. HR had no clue why I was doing this. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

The second time I was called for an interview for a different team, and fortunately the interviewers were more accommodating and friendly this time.

Interview Question – Why are you changing your company, you havent contributed anything to your previous employer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My first encounter with Avaya was horrible to say the least. The interviewer was condescending, and arrogant. I rejected their offer even though they sent me the offer letter. HR had no clue why I was doing this. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

Interviewed at Avaya

Interview Details – Very focused and carefully planned 3 level interview process.

Interview Question – Why this change   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Avaya in November 2011.

Interview Details – - very technical, lots of good questions;
- a team of four senior engineers plus manager;
- whole process takes several weeks, patience needed

Interview Question – What do you do to write code with zero errors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the offers was good.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avaya in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication and every other aspects relating to communications were excellent. Interview round finalization and results were communicated effectively and on time.

All the updates were communicated.

Interview Question – What was a most problematic scenario you ever faced in your experience, and why do you call it a hard issue and how did you solved it?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Interview Details – Very straightforward and pleasant. Talked through my CV, interspersed with technical questions. Was very fair. Just a single interview. No coding tests. Questions were directly relevant to the job on offer.

Interview Question – Can't rememeber   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very quick. Offer was very good so I felt no need to negotiate.

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avaya in August 2009.

Interview Details – I'd applied to their pune office for the post of senior s/w developer/module lead. The experience right from beginning was unprofessional from the HR's end. It seemed as if they were trying to take advantage of the recession and were making me run (read ping) for every thing (apart from the initial call from them). After the very first round of interview (which was actually supposed to close the position as per the HR's initial call), there were about 2 more technical rounds and a PM's round.
During the PM round, they sounded as if they were very much inclined towards hiring me. However, even after that round, I had to ping the HR myself to only find out that I was not selected. This was about 30 days after I appeared for the initial Aptitude and 2 tech rounds (on the same day).
Must say that initial impression of the company 'thanks' to the HR would have made a huge difference in me opting for Avaya's offer (had I even gotten the same). Afterall initial impression matters... well, from both sides!

Interview Question – In-depth questions on Spring/Hibernate and JSF.   Answer Question

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!