Avaya

Avaya Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avaya in November 2010.

The interview was very casual.The interviewer was in a hurry.I was asked questions on Marker Interfaces, Normalisation, JSF, JSP.None of the questions were difficult.I was also quizzed on my past project experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avaya in October 2008.

Vast building. No one to meet you at security. Relied on mobile call to get in the door. Culture vibrant. Positive atmosphere. Great services on sight. Interview began with questions about life, family. Then proceeded to experience. Fairly standard. Second technical interview by panel (three developers). Challenging technical questions, but nothing abnormal or remarkable.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions center on Avaya product. They put emphasis on the skill set of course, but are definitely concerned more with how you would apply that skill set to their stack.   Answer Question
    Yes, negotiated working virtually. No hitches.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya.

Interview process was very smooth. The HR contacts and gives confirmation of various interview rounds... There were around 4 rounds in total.
    First round was a technical telephonic round where the interviewer asked many deep technical questions.
    Another rounds were face to face rounds with manager, Sr manager and director followed by HR round

Interview Questions
    • Director gave me a piece of paper and asked to write a para on a specific topic.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Very focused and carefully planned 3 level interview process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avaya in June 2012.

My first encounter with Avaya was horrible to say the least. The interviewer was condescending, and arrogant. I rejected their offer even though they sent me the offer letter. HR had no clue why I was doing this. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

The second time I was called for an interview for a different team, and fortunately the interviewers were more accommodating and friendly this time.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you changing your company, you havent contributed anything to your previous employer   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in December 2011.

Initial communication and every other aspects relating to communications were excellent. Interview round finalization and results were communicated effectively and on time.

All the updates were communicated.

Interview Questions
    • What was a most problematic scenario you ever faced in your experience, and why do you call it a hard issue and how did you solved it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in November 2011.

- very technical, lots of good questions;
    - a team of four senior engineers plus manager;
    - whole process takes several weeks, patience needed

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to write code with zero errors?   View Answer
    No negotiation, the offers was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avaya in August 2009.

I'd applied to their pune office for the post of senior s/w developer/module lead. The experience right from beginning was unprofessional from the HR's end. It seemed as if they were trying to take advantage of the recession and were making me run (read ping) for every thing (apart from the initial call from them). After the very first round of interview (which was actually supposed to close the position as per the HR's initial call), there were about 2 more technical rounds and a PM's round.
    During the PM round, they sounded as if they were very much inclined towards hiring me. However, even after that round, I had to ping the HR myself to only find out that I was not selected. This was about 30 days after I appeared for the initial Aptitude and 2 tech rounds (on the same day).
    Must say that initial impression of the company 'thanks' to the HR would have made a huge difference in me opting for Avaya's offer (had I even gotten the same). Afterall initial impression matters... well, from both sides!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Very straightforward and pleasant. Talked through my CV, interspersed with technical questions. Was very fair. Just a single interview. No coding tests. Questions were directly relevant to the job on offer.

Interview Questions
    Very quick. Offer was very good so I felt no need to negotiate.