Avaya Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya in July 2012.

the whole process took within a day. it was pretty quick and fast. All the questions were straight forward. like how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya in March 2011.

I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya in February 2011.

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avaya in January 2009.

Testing and interviewdid not have any

Interview Questions
    They have fixed amounts they pay per title

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

i applied and got a call through consultant. There were five round of interview. there were technical, manager and HR round. it was around a month procedure. there were question on webservices, jsp and servlets

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Avaya in July 2014.

The hiring process consisted of an aptitude test containing 50 questions :
    a) 30 questions - Quant
    b) 20 questions - Technical - C,C++,java,os,networks..

Followed by an Technical Interview and a HR interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Avaya.

Avaya came to campus recruiting. There was a test covering brain teasers and basic software coding skills. It was followed by couple of technical + HR Interviews. The whole process was completed within a day and results were declared by the end of the day. Very quick and very structured experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya.

Hiring process consisted of total 6 rounds, 2 written tests and 4 interview rounds.
    One round was English Communication round.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were from the subject which you like.
      mostly on networking front. So you should be very good in Voice and Data Communication .
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya.

It was a referral drive. The cut off was 70%. First round was an aptitude cum technical test. Out of 70 people around 35 were selected for the next round. The second round was a telephonic HR interview asking about general details about us. Only 2 were selected from this round. The next round was a technical round for more than one hour. After this round another technical round was there for another one hour. Then there was a telephonic interview from UK. After completing all rounds the posting is pune.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked from each and every field of electronics, telecommunication and computer software.   Answer Question

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!