Avaya Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Thornton, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a manager + one of the team members. I was mostly asked behavioral questions about my past experience and my interests. Then, I was called in to the on-site interview. I was given a tour of the building and got taken out to lunch with the manager and two of the team members. After lunch, I had 3 technical interviews of 45 minutes each where I was asked to describe my past school/work projects and the kind of technology I used. Each interviewer wanted to see how I would fit in the team based on my interests and skills. After a few days, I got a call and an email saying i was accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a problem? Do you dive into the code right away? If not, how do you prepare yourself?   Answer Question
  • What programming languages are you most familiar with? Are you able to learn a new programming language on the fly if need be?   Answer Question
  • How good are you when it comes to automation/scripts? Linux/Unix Administration duties?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

the whole process took within a day. it was pretty quick and fast. All the questions were straight forward. like how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

Testing and interviewdid not have any

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have fixed amounts they pay per title

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avaya (Galway (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward and pleasant process. Interview started with details about myself and education, then projects I had worked on, team size, problems faced and solutions. Then they had a couple of technical questions for me and after that they gave a programming problem to solve. That was all.The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Multithreading, polymorphism and other OOP and Operating system concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was quite good, so I didnt feel the need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Interview

i applied and got a call through consultant. There were five round of interview. there were technical, manager and HR round. it was around a month procedure. there were question on webservices, jsp and servlets

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avaya in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of an aptitude test containing 50 questions :
    a) 30 questions - Quant
    b) 20 questions - Technical - C,C++,java,os,networks..

Followed by an Technical Interview and a HR interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)).

Interview

Avaya came to campus recruiting. There was a test covering brain teasers and basic software coding skills. It was followed by couple of technical + HR Interviews. The whole process was completed within a day and results were declared by the end of the day. Very quick and very structured experience.