Avaya

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya in July 2012.

Interview Details – the whole process took within a day. it was pretty quick and fast. All the questions were straight forward. like how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??

Interview Question – how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??   Answer Question

Interviewed at Avaya

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avaya in January 2009.

Interview Details – Testing and interviewdid not have any

Interview Question – Did not have any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have fixed amounts they pay per title

Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avaya in March 2011.

Interview Details – I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Westminster, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Interview Question – How do you approach problem solving?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

Interviewed at Avaya

Interview Details – i applied and got a call through consultant. There were five round of interview. there were technical, manager and HR round. it was around a month procedure. there were question on webservices, jsp and servlets

Interview Question – question were on core java and application security   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Avaya.

Interview Details – Avaya came to campus recruiting. There was a test covering brain teasers and basic software coding skills. It was followed by couple of technical + HR Interviews. The whole process was completed within a day and results were declared by the end of the day. Very quick and very structured experience.

Bhopal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avaya.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of total 6 rounds, 2 written tests and 4 interview rounds.
One round was English Communication round.

Interview Question – All the questions were from the subject which you like.
mostly on networking front. So you should be very good in Voice and Data Communication .
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avaya in July 2009.

Interview Details – HR schedule an interview with a tech manager. Typical what did you do type of questions and then a series of technical code questions and some brain puzzle. Then another inerview with HR to see the charchter fit.

Interview Question – How would you re-design the way people use instant messaging   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avaya in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired as Bigates employee, Bigates was later taken over by Avaya. The interviewing process at that time was grueling and detailed. There was a written and then 3 rounds of face to face interview.

Interview Question – The linked list was something that was asked,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was good, so never negotiated.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!