Avaya

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in March 2012.

Initial communication from the company was from a corporate recruiter in New Jersey. This recruiter did not have answers to any questions regarding culture, salary range but did set up an interview for the next week with the hiring manager. 2 weeks later the hiring manager called and set up an interview time. During the interview the hiring manager was interrupted several times as he was trying to multitask an interview and several in house duties at the same time. Interview ended and he said the corporate recruiter would be calling me back later that week. After a week I called both the recruiter and hiring manager, reached a voicemail. Left message requesting call back. Two days later I called again, left another message requesting a call back. Several months have passed and I have not yet heard from them. Very unprofessional hiring process just based on the lack of respect for those that are being interviewed

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any specific questions, on the generic "tell me about you and asking about my previous experience" questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avaya in November 2011.

Pphone interview, in-person interview at HQ with 6+ people, then a month later, an in-person interview in CO office where work would be with another 6+ people. Good interviews/questions/responses. People in CO seemed very bright and good engineering team. In spite of promise to inform me of decision either way, never heard anything back at all. Had to push to get them to reimburse travel expenses. Disappointing, but better to find out up front that they are disorganized/poor communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to do some engineering problem solving as part of the interview   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avaya in March 2011.

I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avaya in February 2011.

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avaya in October 2009.

Company was very quick to respond throughout the process, after submitting resume a few email exchanges were made, phone interview was set up then an on-site interview took place. The on-site interview lasted 6 hours and was interviewed by 8 different people throughout that time. The people seemed 'normal' for the most part but there were areas with the nerdy and quiet stereotypes.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer described a situation using only Avaya hardware and software and said there was a problem on the user end. What specific steps would I take to troubleshoot that scenario and how would I relate the results of that process to my boss in laymans terms.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avaya in July 2009.

Initial interview was via phone - standard reiteration of the submitted resume.
    Second interview was with the manager and dealt with my previous experience and what I had accomplished
    Third interview was with the Senior Manager - more of a warm/fuzzy, get-to-know-you interview.
    Fourth interview was with the Director - again one of those get-to-know-you interviews.
    The latter 2 appeared to be justification interviews, The decision had already been made and upper management just wanted to check.

Interview Questions
    They knew my previous salary and topped it with a moving bonus.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through other source – interviewed at Avaya in March 2009.

I never had to interview - my old co-worker hired me on when he moved to Avaya