AvePoint

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AvePoint in December 2013.

Interview Details – I received and email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by someone in HR who mumbled quite a bit and made it difficult to understand what he was saying.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AvePoint in July 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from the hiring manager and scheduled an interview. When I arrived, I had to do five consecutive one on one interviews with five different people. It took around an hour and a half to two hours.

Interview Question – You are a carrot in a blender that is about to be turned on, what do you do?   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Enterprise Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AvePoint in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening with HR was first. She mentioned needing a 30/60/90 day plan later in the interview process. 2nd step was face to face with hiring manager. Handed him 30/60/90 day plan. Third step was a Skype call with SVP Sales. After face to face with hiring manager (2nd step) I decided the company and role wasn't for me. I went ahead with the call with the SVP Sales for practice (been some time since last time interviewing).

Interview Question – Nothing earth shattering here... but probably best to have some hands on experience using and selling Sharepoint.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AvePoint.

Interview Details – I applied online and then got an email to schedule an phone interview.

Interview Question – How do you know AvePoint? Why you pursued the master degree of statistics cause you have the bachelor degree of statistics   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AvePoint.

Interview Details – Started off with e-mail correspondence. Response to e-mails was a bit slow. Eventually set up a telephone interview with HR. Interviewer asked the basic questions about what interested you in their company, what you can offer them and makes you stand out, etc. If this initial interview goes well, will be contacted to meet for an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Not unexpected but interviewer did ask about past experience as written on my resume. Be ready to talk about that.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AvePoint in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by this company and I thought it was a scam, after some research I realized they were a legitimate and even prestigious company due to their connections with the R&D team of Microsoft. They have a great office overlooking the NYC skyline. I had a phone interview then they called me in and I was interviewed by the HR guy then a Sales Manager.

Interview Question – They kept asking me if I had any questions and that was hard because I had already thought a lot about the job but didn't formulate queries because I thought they would all sound too basic about the need for the platform and who their audience is, who are you exactly selling to? oops.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

SMB Account Executive Interview

SMB Account Executive
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AvePoint.

Interview Details – Phone screen interview, one office interview, and a visit to the nurse to confirm you have a pulse.

Interview Question – Do you like to cold call   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nope you get between 30-34 and it changes all of the time depending how many people in the last hiring class just quit. They also put a timeline on you accepting so just say no!

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AvePoint in February 2010.

Interview Details – Typical hr / manager interview. Hired very quickly.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Smb Account Executive Interview

Smb Account Executive

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AvePoint.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview and then face to face with HR and team leads. Very easy process because the HR rep was horrible at her job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at AvePoint?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me the minimum of 32000 because they are not competitive with their salaries.

Public Relations Manager Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AvePoint in November 2012.

Interview Details – This took about 4 weeks. Started with an email from the corporate recruiter, followed by hour-long phone interview, then in-person interview with recruiter, marketing employee and head of marketing. Although I was not a candidate in the NYC area, I was offered an in person interview, but the company does not offer in helping with expenses for the interview. So I paid for the hotel and airfare, only to arrive and the person who was supposed to interview me had already left for a conference in California. So essentially, I ended up flying to New Jersey for a Skype interview, although they would not consider interviewing me through Skype so that I did not have to pay. The interview was very redundant to the phone calls and everyone refuses to tell you anything about the product or much about the company, but instead constantly ask what you know about their products, despite the lack of information available. No diversity. Few women. Young managers.

Interview Question – Why, specifically, do you want to work for AvePoint? What do you understand about the product? Besides your communication experience, how do you feel you can excel at a public relations position?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AvePoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AvePoint interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by AvePoint employees and interview candidates.