AvePoint

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AvePoint in February 2015.

Phone screen with external recruiter, then phone screen with HR. Afterwards invited for a 4-hour onsite and to prepare a mock kickoff using a document they provide.

During the interview, I met with each of the VPs for 30 minutes. Questions are all behavioral situations, nothing technical and nothing too difficult. I believe I was over-qualified for this job.

Deal breaker was salary package. During phone screen with their HR i clearly stated the base and she agreed. After the interview she sent me a 1-line email asking if 'I can be flexible on my salary requirement'. I explained to her the base I stated previously was the lowest possible (as I already lowered my base). After that I never got any reply back, and the next week the staffing agency told me they gave offer to another candidate because he is a 'better fit'.

Suggested recruitment strategy: Advertise the job on job boards and collect a bunch of resumes. Call each candidate and ask them 'Is 60K ok?', 'Is 55K ok?'. Keep going down until only a few candidates left who accept your lowest possible base salary. Then invite them for interview and pick the best from the cheapest. This saves you a lot of $$ for referral fee AND you got to pay the least!

My advice: don't be a scrooge if you want talented employees.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if your project is lacking resources?   Answer Question
    • When do you use agile and when do you use waterfall methodology?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AvePoint.

Standard online app, directed there by a corporate recruiter. Phone Interview(apparently was over prepared) and in person interview with 3 people. HR, Marketing head at the HQ and Team head at the HQ.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for this position

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online and got the phone interview after about ten days. The phone interview is about very basic behavior questions, including self-introduction, recent project, what do you know about the company and why apply this position, etc.. Then never heard of reply ever since.

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AvePoint in December 2013.

I received and email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by someone in HR who mumbled quite a bit and made it difficult to understand what he was saying.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AvePoint.

I applied online and then got an email to schedule an phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know AvePoint? Why you pursued the master degree of statistics cause you have the bachelor degree of statistics   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AvePoint in July 2013.

Phone screening with HR was first. She mentioned needing a 30/60/90 day plan later in the interview process. 2nd step was face to face with hiring manager. Handed him 30/60/90 day plan. Third step was a Skype call with SVP Sales. After face to face with hiring manager (2nd step) I decided the company and role wasn't for me. I went ahead with the call with the SVP Sales for practice (been some time since last time interviewing).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing earth shattering here... but probably best to have some hands on experience using and selling Sharepoint.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AvePoint.

Started off with e-mail correspondence. Response to e-mails was a bit slow. Eventually set up a telephone interview with HR. Interviewer asked the basic questions about what interested you in their company, what you can offer them and makes you stand out, etc. If this initial interview goes well, will be contacted to meet for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but interviewer did ask about past experience as written on my resume. Be ready to talk about that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AvePoint in May 2013.

20 minute phone screen, 1 hour in person interview. Was hired the next day asked if I could start the following Monday. It was extremely easy. They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. First you met with the recruiter, then with two different team leads in the sales team.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AvePoint.

Phone screen interview, one office interview, and a visit to the nurse to confirm you have a pulse.

Interview Questions
    Nope you get between 30-34 and it changes all of the time depending how many people in the last hiring class just quit. They also put a timeline on you accepting so just say no!

SMB Account Executive Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AvePoint.

Basic phone interview and then face to face with HR and team leads. Very easy process because the HR rep was horrible at her job.

Interview Questions
    They offered me the minimum of 32000 because they are not competitive with their salaries.