Aveda

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aveda.

Turned in a job application, told I would be contacted and was contacted 2 years later. Had to go through the talent star(?) hour long interview on the phone. Which pretty much asks how much you would like to sell your soul to the company by being susceptible to be molded by them.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much your basic questions trying to pick at your level of allegiance to the company.   View Answer

Lead Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aveda in October 2014.

Interview was a three step process. Two phone interviews, one with store manager, one scheduled with an Estee Lauder 'talent search' company. The third interview was in person with the store manager and assistant manager. The questions were not original, the managers were reading them off an official paper.

Interview Questions
    • What are areas where you could improve? (asked like... "what are some opportunities you've discovered for yourself"   View Answer
    Ask for atleast 20% more salary than you think you'll get

Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aveda.

Met with Store Manager for about 30 - 40 mins, with general questions about resume. Next you have to go through a telephone interview with TalentPlus. The results are given back to the store manager and DM to see.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Aveda? Why do you want to work for Aveda? Have you ever tried to change personality to fit in with team members?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aveda in August 2014.

The process was actually great! I had to meet with 2 managers on 2 separate occasions before I took the Talent Plus test. That test is basically questions asking you how you would handle certain situations, about your specific characteristics that would help you on the job. It really isnt hard, all you have to do is be honest and speak from the heart.

One I passed that I was then offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There really werent any hard or difficult questions during this interview.   Answer Question
    I didnt have to negotiate my rate because they accepted my rate request.

Salon Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aveda in August 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview a day later. You have to pass 2 interviews to get the job. The first interview is with the manager and the second is with the owner. From what I've been told, Aveda is the company but has independent owners for various salons. Once you're at the second interview, you're pretty much guaranteed the job. They'll ask about your previous jobs, give a description of the job, and whether you have experience with SalonBiz. Be sure to ask questions.

The only awkward time was with the second interview where they took a 3 minute call in front of you without excusing themselves. It felt very unprofessional so be prepared for interruptions.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was pretty easy as long as you maintain a pleasant attitude.   Answer Question

Pay is $9-$10/hr, part time regardless of how much retail experience you have. If you don't have salon experience, they'll offer a lower wage.

Lead Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aveda.

Very hard. You interview with the manager and district manager. There is also a phone survey that most people fail.We have seen very tallented aplicants fail and go on to do great things elsewhere in the mall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aveda in March 2014.

Estee Lauder companies all do Talent Plus, it is not a pass/fail interview it just finds out your natural talents. It is always best to be honest during Talent Plus and for this specific job I would say it is very goal and sales oriented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aveda.

Combination of phone and face-to-face interview. Few people seem to pass the phone interview. It's done outside the company as a way to assess talent and compatibility with the store's team. All hires go through a system with the store and district manager. Paperwork bogs down this process.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview is more about life experiences. I would advise being goal-oriented in your answers.   Answer Question
    Awkward and time consuming.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aveda.

Process is very long. 2-3 months.

Interview Questions
    There was room for negotiation but not much. Payscale across the board is not balanced. They pay based on store volume rather then experience even though your raises and bonuses are based on sales experience and qualification.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aveda in July 2013.

I applied online, received a call 2 days later,had the interview the following day, after that Talent Plus Questionnaire was scheduled. 3 days the interview lasted a good 40mins.....20 minutes after that I received a call to come in the next day to discuss the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really unexpected. Just do your research about the company and you will be fine if you are what they are looking for.   Answer Question
    Offer was higher than I expected.