Aveda

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aveda.

Interview Details – Very hard. You interview with the manager and district manager. There is also a phone survey that most people fail.We have seen very tallented aplicants fail and go on to do great things elsewhere in the mall.

Interview Question – The phone survey.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aveda in March 2014.

Interview Details – Estee Lauder companies all do Talent Plus, it is not a pass/fail interview it just finds out your natural talents. It is always best to be honest during Talent Plus and for this specific job I would say it is very goal and sales oriented.

ATL Interview

ATL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aveda in June 2013.

Interview Details – A pre interview was given asking specific question to move on to the next interview. A separate company called Talent+ handles the next interview which is done over the phone and takes about an hour and a half. They ask situational based questions and like examples. This helps to determine if you would be happy and excel in the position you're applying for. After that, if you move on, you do in person interviews with the direct supervisor. Once selected, you must pass a background check and then begin in depth training.

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aveda.

Interview Details – Combination of phone and face-to-face interview. Few people seem to pass the phone interview. It's done outside the company as a way to assess talent and compatibility with the store's team. All hires go through a system with the store and district manager. Paperwork bogs down this process.

Interview Question – The phone interview is more about life experiences. I would advise being goal-oriented in your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Awkward and time consuming.

Retail Advisor Interview

Retail Advisor
Winter Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aveda in May 2013.

Interview Details – the hiring process can be very long mine took a month including three phone interviews with Hr and then a sit down panel interview with leads,

Interview Question – most of the questions were scripted so I was asked many of the same questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called and offered the week after the last interview and it was with terms and once accepted I was then called with further information

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aveda.

Interview Details – Process is very long. 2-3 months.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. Lots of scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was room for negotiation but not much. Payscale across the board is not balanced. They pay based on store volume rather then experience even though your raises and bonuses are based on sales experience and qualification.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aveda in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a call 2 days later,had the interview the following day, after that Talent Plus Questionnaire was scheduled. 3 days the interview lasted a good 40mins.....20 minutes after that I received a call to come in the next day to discuss the position.

Interview Question – Nothing is really unexpected. Just do your research about the company and you will be fine if you are what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was higher than I expected.

Customer Service (PT) Interview

Customer Service (PT)
Blaine, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Aveda.

Interview Details – Ask if I used Aveda product, Strengths, weakness, why would I be a good fit, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   View Answer

Cashier/Retail Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Retail Sales Associate
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aveda in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by manager at store to come in for interview. Had a decent interview going over my resume and asking a few general questions : what you know about aveda as a company etc. etc. If you passed this interview, a recuiter would call you to set up a second phone interview with a company called Talent Star? Which is basically someone calling you and asking you job related questions on performance, sales, techniques, examples of how you've performed in the past and how would you handle? different situation questions. If you perform well on this interview then usually you get called about the job or for one last interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to remain positive despite the situation or eventual outcome?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aveda in October 2010.

Interview Details – Everything went fairly well.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aveda?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aveda

Worked for Aveda? Contribute to the Community!