Avention Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.2

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avention (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

it is a phone interview. I was asked about the status of working in the US at first because I am a international student.It goes according to your resume mostly. Then she asked questions like biggest challenge and achievement in the past half year since I have been here. I felt nervous because I sometimes can not hear her clearly. it is just the problem of international student I guess.

Interview Questions

• What's your major like? like you have you learnt in your college?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avention.

Interview

Mine consisted of 3 phone calls and 1 in-person interview. I talked to a recruiter before the process. The first call was a screen with a HR representative in Concord, MA (headquarters). My in person interview was with 3-4 employee types. Designer, Developer, Project Manager. This was followed shortly by a phone call with Product VP.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were aggressive at times and conversational at others.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avention (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by Hiring Manager from Linked In. He set up a phone screen and onsite interview. Came in and met the team. Was followed by call from the recruiter in Concord, had a phone screen with her, then about 4 days later I received an offer. Very fast and efficient interview process.

Interview Questions

• Typical recruiting questions. Tell me about your last job. What were you responsible for? How do you find candidates? What tools do you use to make you more efficient.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avention (Concord, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Fair, no issues. Most of the people were very knowledgable and pleasant. It was an organized structure, and HR was very nice and open. They were responsive to any and all of the questions that I had.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avention.

Interview

The interview process was fast. There was an initial phone screening, then you're brought in to meet with your director and the VP of Sales. Should you make it past that interview, they bring you back to meet with the SVP of Global Sales and Services. This is more of a test to see if she feels you'll fit into the culture. The most difficult person to interview with is the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any questions that were overly difficult. Probably the only trick type question was being asked how you were able to get away from your current job to make the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated via the recruiter. Since I was a top performer, they offered me a higher base than some of the others hired.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avention (Concord, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

One phone interview, one in-person interview, lengthy hiring process, but not too complicated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avention in October 2009.

Interview

1. Tell me about your major responsibilities in your current/last position.

Employer:

Title:

Dates of employment:

Duties:

2. What do you like most/least about you job?

Most –

Least –

Reason for leaving:

3. In 2 minutes, tell me about yourself.

4. Have you used OneSource products and services in the past?

5. Describe what you feel to be an ideal working environment?

6. Have you thought of leaving your present position before? If yes, what kept you there?

7. Please describe your sales process. (ex: you are talking to a prospect, what is your process to sell that prospect your goods/services)

8. Tell me about your previous inside/outside sales experience.

9. What is your experience cross-selling and up-selling product to current customers?

10. How do you measure success? Have you been successful so far?

11. Have you participated in any professional sales training or seminars? Which ones?

12. Describe your current employers software products and how you sell them?

13. What types of professional services do you or have you sold?

15. Do you have any experience working with CRM systems? Explain.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales process. (ex: you are talking to a prospect, what is your process to sell that prospect your goods/services)   Answer Question