Averitt Express

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Truck Driver Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Averitt Express in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was standard. They got a DAC report, did an interview, performed a road test and had a physical done.

Interview Question – Had more customer service questions than most trucking companies probably have.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Dock Worker Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Averitt Express in March 2011.

Interview Details – Saw an ad in a local newspaper and applied online. Was called in less than a week to come in for an interview. The interview itself was short and straighforward. I met with the termial manager and talked mostly about my experience, why I was interested in working there, and my more longterm goals. The situation was dragged out, mostly I feel because of the necessity of correspondance between the local office and the corporate office in the South. After a few paper work discrepencies, I was finally brought in for drug test and physical. I was basically offered a job right away but didn't start for almost a month. At least at this location they don't have full time dock workers, but they're flexible and can get you decent hours.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself going back to school? With what timeline?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for dock workers.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Averitt Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Averitt Express interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Averitt Express employees and interview candidates.