Averro (Recruiter)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Level Front End Programmer Interview

Junior Level Front End Programmer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Averro (Recruiter) in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Thursday and got a fairly quick response. The recruiter asked an ambiguous question with regards to my Linux experience, and then there was a bit of back-and-forth trying to clarify my answer (and the clarifications). After I had to make several revisions to my resume, I was scheduled for a phone interview on Tuesday morning (as the recruiter was "off" on Friday and Monday). Ten minutes before I was supposed to get my phone call, I received an email that simply said, "Hi [Name], this position has closed". (There was no period in the message.)

I would avoid applying for jobs that use this recruitment firm.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Averro (Recruiter).

Interview Details – Was contacted via Linkedin, co-owner came to me for an introduction. Impressed he took the time to drive around and try to find the best person. Agreed to a follow-up onsite with the other owner at their office.

Total bait and switch when I got there, they basically wanted a phone monkey (probably recent college grad). I went from the impression of making $100k with hard work to making $30k with hard work then wait-and-see.

Interview was basic 'get to know you stuff,' but impression was they look for people to be phone monkeys and if there is space they will let you make more money. Probably better off for newer folks to start at larger firms that have more resources.

Any successful commissioned salesperson will laugh at an hourly sales position, so make that clear with all decision makers before proceeding.

Interview Question – Hearing at the onsite interview that I was going to be expected to pump out 100 calls per day as a monkey for sr. staff, and not get any cut of the business. Leadership either unethical or uncoordinated on the message it sends to potential employees.

If offered a follow-up with a separate decision-maker, ask for phone call with that person first.
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Averro (Recruiter)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Averro (Recruiter) interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Averro (Recruiter) employees and interview candidates.