Avery Dennison Gold Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.2

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Most extensive review you'll see for Avery Dennison GOLD Program two part interview: first interview was on campus: very generic behavioral questions, 2 meetings that were 2 on 1's, met with heads of departments and HR representatives, Example questions: describe yourself in 1 minute, run me through your resume and any achievements that aren't listed, give me an example of how you are a leader and how your leadership implemented change second interview: very lengthy process, taken to a hotel/conference center for two days and you will be grilled for the whole 2 days. Started off with breakfast and intro into what will happen in the next few days. Presentations from heads of departments and CEO. Small games to see how you respond to working in a team. Later you network with individuals within the departments and do small team activities. You also get to learn more about their products afterwards and see how it affects their business lines.The major challenge of the day is you are given a case and must create a presentation to show all the heads of departments. You are given about 4 hours to put it together while being watched by a rotating number of department heads. At the end, you get on a bus and tour the corporate office depending on your location. This is all about networking and you talk to as many people as possible while also getting a feel for their workplace. The night ends around 10pm Next morning is early and you present your project to the heads of department. Afterwards is more networking. Then comes numerous team activities that vary year to year. Its important to take a leadership role in these activities as many of the other applicants will be extremely outgoing. After this, you have informal interviews with department heads that are interested in you and they ask you about your goals. This is an opportunity to ask any questions that haven't already been answered. The end is wrapped up with last lunch and closing ceremony. Overall, the process is very grueling and tiresome, although i did have mono through the whole thing so i am biased towards the tiresome thing. You are constantly being monitored by someone so make sure to be on your game the whole time. Apparently it used to be an entire week so 2 days seemed much more reasonable. Only problem is that this process is during the week and requires some rescheduling since it is an overnight interview. However, there are some pros to the process such as you really get to show off your business prowess during the case competition. You also get to network with high level executives and bounce ideas off them, whether or not you get hired. You do get face time with the CEO which is outstanding and hes extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Great networking opportunity overall and the other candidates will be very similar to yourself and easy to get along with. Avery Dennison moved very fast and you will know if you have been invited into the final round no more than a week after your first interview. Truly, a great opportunity to network and for Avery Dennison to get to know each and every candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in 1 minute.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avery Dennison

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met a few members of HR at campus careers fair, gave them my CV and was called back for an interview the next day. First stage consisted of two short interviews then final assessment centre was 2 days long and included talks, a group case study, team activities and 2 half hour interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Waltham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus Interview, submitted my resume at a campus career fair and was called up for a on-campus interview on the next day. 1 hour long interview with a total of 4 people. Relaxed atmosphere and good responses. Questions were all behavioral based such as tell me about your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had trouble dealing with team members.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with one person after meeting at a University Career Fair. Questions were fairly simple. Recruiter was very knowledgable about the undergraduate programs at Avery Dennison. Interview lasted around 30 minutes. Questions were very typical behavioral based

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

After clearing the first two selection rounds of aptitude test and group discussion, I was called in for an interview. The hiring panel included Heads from each department especially from Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and HR. I was asked to talk about myself for a minute, some technical questions based on my major and the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• Apart from marketing myself for a minute, I did not get any unexpected question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was done with a lot professionalism but in a friendly atmosphere. I was then flown out to Ohio for the group interview. This was very different then all other interviews I attended. You feel like your a fish in a fishbowl and they are watching your every move. The two days get at how you work with people and not so much on your skill-set. My advice is to get out of your comfort zone and get to know the people there because that is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Most of day one is dedicated to a case study in a group. It is important to work well with your group but also show your expertise.   Answer Question

I received a better offer from another company. Avery Dennison does not focus on being environmentally friendly and I wanted to work for a more responsible company.

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to a careers fair at uni, briefly spoke to them and received an email afterwards asking if I'd like to have an interview the next morning in one of the university buildings. It felt very friendly and informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an example of when you were faced with a situation where you had to think creatively.   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Two interviews in my collage and once selected, several interviews and one group case study in the assessment. The assessment is a great fun and learning experience!

Interview Questions

• Give an example in which you have been a group leader and have innovated something. What is the most interesting fact from your curriculum? Why do you think you fit in Avery Dennison?   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Two days assessment center. First day competence test and team building games. Second day 2 group presentations and 3 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you failed in your work. Describe a time when you did not agree with your boss or argued. What would you do if you had a totally different opinion than that of your manager.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Interview

I went to a Job Fair at my university and they contacted me by phone, asking if they could interview me. I accepted and they made the interview 20 minutes later. There were two pepole in the interview: a girl from Human Resources, and a guy (a GOLD associate). They asked me about my previous experience and I felt the guy understood me much better than the girl. I felt like the girl was just asking the required questions but wasn't really listening to me.

Interview Questions

• Maybe when they asked me about the things I knew about the company. Since I've just seen the name of the company and 20 minutes later I had the interview, I didn't have the chance to look for some info about Avery.   Answer Question