Avery Dennison Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

R&D Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison.

For individual contributor: first phone interview, presentation with a large group and then followed by many individual sessions. Mostly focused on behavior questions. For the rotational program, they will have team activities - putting interviewees in groups and work on a case for a limited amount of time and then present.

Technology Leadership Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avery Dennison.

I got an onsite interview after on-campus interview. The onsite interview included a facility tour, a case study (2 hrs), a technical presentation (1hr), and two behavior interviews with two different HRs (1 hr). The behavior questions were some normal questions, and they did not ask any tough questions. The whole interview was very easy and conformable.

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avery Dennison in March 2015.

Met a few members of HR at campus careers fair, gave them my CV and was called back for an interview the next day. First stage consisted of two short interviews then final assessment centre was 2 days long and included talks, a group case study, team activities and 2 half hour interviews.

RBIS Gold Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avery Dennison in February 2015.

Spoke to them at a campus career fair. Was called to interview on campus the next day. Two rounds of interviews, if cleared you are called for a 2 day assessment center in March or October which is the final round

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project for which you were the leader and how you dealt with the problems as the project lead   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avery Dennison in October 2014.

On-campus recruitment. Apply for the position through university website and company website first, and then talk to employer at career fair. I got their interview invitation very soon, about 1 or 2 days. The first round interview lasted for about half hour. It was an HR interview. All the questions were behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, innovation, and soft skills such as communication.

Interview Questions
    • Leadership Questions and extracurricular activities like how to deal with the tough clients.   View Answer

Technology Leadership Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison in October 2014.

lab tour (30~60 min) + plants tour (2hr) + HR interview*2 (1hr) + technical presentation (40 min for presentation and 15 min for question) + case study (a group of 4~5 people to solve a case problem in 30 min) + group dinner

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with people who has strong opposite opinions against to you?   Answer Question

Technical Leadership Development Program Interview

On campus interview: Mostly HR only one technical question which was easy
    On site interview: One technical presentation, two HR interviews and one case study. All were easy no tough questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question related to research specifics. How your can be applied to Avery's.

HR standard google questions (Check them out)

Case study was good. We worked as team and reached conclusion.

View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Very organized interview process, from initial recruiting to phone interview to on-site interviews. Avery Dennis had defined interview standards that were well-balanced with the personalities of the interviewers. I interviewed 4 pairs of people and requested an unplanned facility tour. The response after the interview was quick and positive. They seemed very concerned with my current benefit package, so they could make a competitive offer, but not too competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straightforward. The Avery questions were very standard and somewhat awkward. The interviewer's choice questions were easier and more of a conversation about shared experiences. Either way, the   Answer Question

The location was too far away from my home

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avery Dennison in September 2014.

Interviewed with one person after meeting at a University Career Fair. Questions were fairly simple. Recruiter was very knowledgable about the undergraduate programs at Avery Dennison. Interview lasted around 30 minutes. Questions were very typical behavioral based

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avery Dennison.

During the initial screening I was constantly kept in the know on the status of my candidacy. I appreciated that I wasn't left "hanging" and was constantly given insight as to where I was in the process. After 3-4 phone screenings from the recruiter, talent acquisition manager and human resource manager - I moved to the manager (and manager's team) interview process. The final step was interviewing with others professionals within the organization that I would either support, partner with and/or lead.

The overall interview process was great. I had multiple phone and in-person interviews, but I believe this is a good thing as it shows that Avery Dennison is taking time to invest in the right candidate for the long haul.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of strategy would you implement to make a huge impact in our brand reputation, awareness, loyalty and sales?   View Answer
    Very transparent and fair.