Avery Dennison Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Pleasant and professional, although a little slow and the hierarchy (sign off) made it cumbersome to finalise an offer. Genuinely, everyone I interviewed with was delightful and very well meaning. In a way it seemed more like a personality check than a detailed scrutiny of career path and skill-sets.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your style of managing conflict is?   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Most extensive review you'll see for Avery Dennison GOLD Program two part interview: first interview was on campus: very generic behavioral questions, 2 meetings that were 2 on 1's, met with heads of departments and HR representatives, Example questions: describe yourself in 1 minute, run me through your resume and any achievements that aren't listed, give me an example of how you are a leader and how your leadership implemented change second interview: very lengthy process, taken to a hotel/conference center for two days and you will be grilled for the whole 2 days. Started off with breakfast and intro into what will happen in the next few days. Presentations from heads of departments and CEO. Small games to see how you respond to working in a team. Later you network with individuals within the departments and do small team activities. You also get to learn more about their products afterwards and see how it affects their business lines.The major challenge of the day is you are given a case and must create a presentation to show all the heads of departments. You are given about 4 hours to put it together while being watched by a rotating number of department heads. At the end, you get on a bus and tour the corporate office depending on your location. This is all about networking and you talk to as many people as possible while also getting a feel for their workplace. The night ends around 10pm Next morning is early and you present your project to the heads of department. Afterwards is more networking. Then comes numerous team activities that vary year to year. Its important to take a leadership role in these activities as many of the other applicants will be extremely outgoing. After this, you have informal interviews with department heads that are interested in you and they ask you about your goals. This is an opportunity to ask any questions that haven't already been answered. The end is wrapped up with last lunch and closing ceremony. Overall, the process is very grueling and tiresome, although i did have mono through the whole thing so i am biased towards the tiresome thing. You are constantly being monitored by someone so make sure to be on your game the whole time. Apparently it used to be an entire week so 2 days seemed much more reasonable. Only problem is that this process is during the week and requires some rescheduling since it is an overnight interview. However, there are some pros to the process such as you really get to show off your business prowess during the case competition. You also get to network with high level executives and bounce ideas off them, whether or not you get hired. You do get face time with the CEO which is outstanding and hes extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Great networking opportunity overall and the other candidates will be very similar to yourself and easy to get along with. Avery Dennison moved very fast and you will know if you have been invited into the final round no more than a week after your first interview. Truly, a great opportunity to network and for Avery Dennison to get to know each and every candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in 1 minute.   1 Answer

R&D Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Mentor, OH).

Interview

For individual contributor: first phone interview, presentation with a large group and then followed by many individual sessions. Mostly focused on behavior questions. For the rotational program, they will have team activities - putting interviewees in groups and work on a case for a limited amount of time and then present.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

I got an onsite interview after on-campus interview. The onsite interview included a facility tour, a case study (2 hrs), a technical presentation (1hr), and two behavior interviews with two different HRs (1 hr). The behavior questions were some normal questions, and they did not ask any tough questions. The whole interview was very easy and conformable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met a few members of HR at campus careers fair, gave them my CV and was called back for an interview the next day. First stage consisted of two short interviews then final assessment centre was 2 days long and included talks, a group case study, team activities and 2 half hour interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Waltham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus Interview, submitted my resume at a campus career fair and was called up for a on-campus interview on the next day. 1 hour long interview with a total of 4 people. Relaxed atmosphere and good responses. Questions were all behavioral based such as tell me about your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had trouble dealing with team members.   Answer Question

RBIS Gold Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avery Dennison in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus career fair. Was called to interview on campus the next day. Two rounds of interviews, if cleared you are called for a 2 day assessment center in March or October which is the final round

Interview Questions

• Describe a project for which you were the leader and how you dealt with the problems as the project lead   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview: Mostly HR only one technical question which was easy On site interview: One technical presentation, two HR interviews and one case study. All were easy no tough questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Technical question related to research specifics. How your can be applied to Avery's. HR standard google questions (Check them out) Case study was good. We worked as team and reached conclusion.   1 Answer

Technology Leadership Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avery Dennison (Mentor, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

lab tour (30~60 min) + plants tour (2hr) + HR interview*2 (1hr) + technical presentation (40 min for presentation and 15 min for question) + case study (a group of 4~5 people to solve a case problem in 30 min) + group dinner

Interview Questions

• How to deal with people who has strong opposite opinions against to you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Avery Dennison in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus recruitment. Apply for the position through university website and company website first, and then talk to employer at career fair. I got their interview invitation very soon, about 1 or 2 days. The first round interview lasted for about half hour. It was an HR interview. All the questions were behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, innovation, and soft skills such as communication.

Interview Questions

• Leadership Questions and extracurricular activities like how to deal with the tough clients.   1 Answer