Avery Dennison Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Niles, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Avery Dennison.

One on one interview.

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avery Dennison in May 2012.

Very slow and not organized. I took it as a way they do all business and it seems pretty accurate. The communication was poor among the interviewers and I think2 of them never did the task before and were very nervous.

Interview Questions
    • None, just not asked in a manner that was getting at what they needed....   Answer Question

Not a good company...seems like it is going through a reorg and not stable.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avery Dennison in March 2008.

After I submitted my resume, I followed up with a contact who worked for the company and he pushed the hiring manager to get me an interview. Once the interview was scheduled, I received information via email with details. I interviewed for 2 different APM positions. I interviewed with HR, 2 hiring managers, and a group interview with colleagues. The information shared at the interview was helpful but I also came prepared with questions.

Having examples for questions was the most important reason for why I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would I improve about the organization based on what I knew?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate vacation, the salary was difficult to negotiate due to budget constraints for the group.

GOLD PROGRAM ASSESTMENT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avery Dennison in October 2011.

Recruiters from my home country came to a career fair on campus. After they read the students resumes, they called a few of us and scheduled an interview 1:2. A week later they sent us an email telling us that we were in the second stage of the hiring process and that we had to fly all expenses paid to OH. In OH we lived the GOLD assestment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you showed your lidership skills?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Painesville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painesville, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Avery Dennison in April 2011.

Phone interview first then face to face with 3 Department and 1 HR person

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Avery Dennison in October 2011.

Well I had a interview with two people Oct.17 2011, I thought it went great, the very next morning I got an email that was declined. Doesn't anyone call you anymore. If you are over qualf. don't apply.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Avery Dennison in June 2011.

I went through thier process, which seemed inefficient:

1st: Phone interview by Avery Dennison HR. 45 minutes.
    2nd: Phone interview by hiring manager. 30 minutes.
    3rd: Phone interview by 2nd HR. 30 minutes.
    4th: All day interview - from 9am to 2pm - includes 45 min one-on-one interviews with 7 different people. All seems to go well, but two were on the fence. This should have been one group interview for an hour or so to not waste everyone's time.

I followed up 4 times a week for the next 3 weeks and was advised I was still being considered (or stringing me along), when I finally got the standard generic email stating I was not longer considered.

Tried to follow up to get more feedback on what exactly I was lacking (as per thier own web site states to do) - and I really wanted feedback to prepare me for further interviews with different companies, but still got a lack of response.

Disappointing, to say the least, in thier lack of communication. Felt I was just strung along for a long time until someone better came along.

Interview Questions
    • Well, since it has been almost a month ago since I was interviewed, I dont remember any specific questions!   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Avery Dennison in June 2010.

The feedback from the company was very poor and their process terrible. Did 5 phone interviews where all except one were very enthusiastic. The one decided since she was coming to town for training to fit me in at night between meetings. The message is we only have this time to meet with you during dinner time but we won't purchase dinner and can you do it? It was a day I had to work all 3 shifts before racing an hour away to meet her so I was exhausted and starving. Not a good combination but had no other choice. Needless to say the reception was a little surprisingly hostile. Maybe they did not like how I looked. Afterwards I had to track them down for a denial because they were pointing the finger as to who would deliver the bad news. Not what I would want in a future company.

Interview Questions
    • Even though the position is in HR, what do you think your company needs to do to be more profitable?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Avery Dennison in February 2010.

First had a phone interview with Director of HR, then was invited to the facility to interview with 4 people. Interview consisted of all behavior based questions and the interviewers were very professional. I was disappointed not to hear back from them after the interview and had to follow up myself to find the result of the interview. I also was disappointed because I e-mailed several of the interviewers to receive feedback o the interview and did not hear back from any of them.

Demand Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Avery Dennison in November 2010.

Worked through a recruiter... phone screen with the recruiter, phone screen with the HR Manager, phone screen with the (then) hiring manager, traveled to Greensboro, NC to do a face-to-face interview with the(then) hiring manager along with a Sales VP, Supply Chain Manager, and Customer Service Manager. Then met with the SVP of Sales in Dallas along with the Director of Sales and Operations, and the Sales Strategy Analyst. After getting very positive feedback, was told every couple of weeks that they were very interested in me but doing some internal restructuring. 5 months later was told that an offer had been made to another candidate. A few weeks after that was told that they wanted me to come back in to the sales office in Dallas to interview and that there was a different hiring manager. Went back to the sales office in Dallas and interviewed with the Director of S&OP (again), HR Director, Sales Strategist (again), and Financial Analyst. Got very positive feedback and a verbal offer within a day.

After completing the background check, which includes employment and salary verification, the offer was lowered due to their realization that my stated compensation during the interview process was base + bonus and they thought it was base.

All in all the interview process was very lengthy, a bit unorganized, and wrought with miscommunication - although much of the miscommunication was likely due to the recruiter I was working through at the time.

The company itself seems like a great place to work - the hiring managers I met with were very nice and the position itself seemed like a great opportunity, though I'm not sure AD really knows what they need in terms of demand planning, which is a new function within the RIS division. I did notice that the new job description that has been posted since I declined the position now includes several things I mentioned and discussed during my interviews (CPFR, etc.)

Interview Questions

In my opinion (as a manager) I do not base salary offers on a candidates current salary - especially when it is a different position. That being said, I declined the lower offer from AD as my perception is that my value in the eyes of AD was lowered simply based on my current salary, regardless of what value I could have brought to the position.