Aviall

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aviall

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Aviall.

I had a pleasant experience with the hiring process although availl has a weird sytem where you have to check in at one building and drive 5 mins to interview at another. I dealt with a recuiter, the two ppl I was interview by and a hr rep. All pleasant ppl. The only annoying thing was the thorough background check & drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Situational behavioral questions... describe a time when... also asked how I prioritize, work with difficult co workers. They also asked questions about my current position and line of work. (no skills test)   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate, salary surpassed my request. The offer was made based on the market rate for the position combined with years of experience.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aviall.

They have irrelevant interview question for the position.

Interview Questions
    • We talked about the interviewers family. No technical questions asked.   Answer Question
    Told me I was hired.

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aviall.

The process took a lot longer than it should have. No matter what time of day, you could never get anyone in HR to answer the phone. Phone tag several times a day trying to get or give simple information. Since I've been hired and working there, it's still the same. No one in Human Resources is reachable by phone. Ever. If there is one area of a company that you should always be able to reach at a moments notice, it's HR. Forget it!

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was how well I work with someone who is meticulous or micro-manages. I should have taken this as a red flag.   View Answers (2)
    The salary I was offer wasn't even close to what was initially mentioned. It's still competitive, but I feel like it was a bait-and-switch. And there wasn't any negotiation.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aviall in March 2010.

Contract to hire position. Brought in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult issue that you had to deal with and how did you resolve the issue? Many situation type questions.   Answer Question
    Very easy prior to Boeing purchasing the company.