Avid Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA).

Interview

I interviewed on three separate days with a good number of people. The HR Department was very friendly, made you feel welcome and appreciated your time. I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the normal interview questions. Except for one that made me think twice before accepting the job. I was asked (not by HR) why I didn't have children. I knew it was wrong, but brushed it off. Now I know better!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed.

Benefits Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview

The process was pretty intense and I had to meet with a number of employees from a variety of departments. They were respectful of my time and had similar questions. I went through a couple of rounds of interviews and was offered the position within a couple of weeks from start to finish.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avid Technology in August 2014.

Interview

I was originally contacted by Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant in July based on resume that I submitted for the position - this call was basically a brief discussion of my talents and my interests in the position. I was also asked about what my current compensation was, so they could even determine if it was worth persuing me further. Shortly after, I was contacted via email by the Talent Acquisition Coordinator who arranged several phone interviews - each consisting of about an hour of in-depth questions regarding my work history, experience, industry knowledge, etc. These interviews were with Senior Managers of the Solutions Team and one VP from the sales team, which this group is a part of... all direct communication for arranging these interviews was done by the Talent Acquisition coordinator.

After completing this series of phone interviews, throughout the month of July, I was invited to Avid HQ in Burlington, MA. and provided an itinerary for a intensive 5hr in person interview session which would conclude with me providing a 1hr presentation to the group on any workflow of my choosing.

This interview was scheduled late August and Avid provided travel and hotel accommodations for my visit. The on-site interview process was held in a conference room, with roughly the same group that I had previously interviewed via phone. One on one interviews - starting with the Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant, who immediately asked me how much compensation I was looking for to accept an offer and answered with the entire package would need to be taken into account and expected that if interested they would provide me a competitive offer. The next 4 interviews were much of the same material that was covered via my phone conversations, but this allowed in person meetings and assessments of my physical presence. None of the interviews were too technical in content, but did touch on the basics - the interviews was more about the industry and what I could bring to the role.

At the completion of the interviews, I was given a few minutes to prepare for my presentation while the others regrouped. I provided a full 1hr Power Point describing an industry workflow which included integration with Avid products and solutions. During the presentation, I felt some of those attending were not engaged, nor overly interested in this portion of the process, however this was the minority as others were. At it's completion, questions were asked and some encouragement/tips on how they would present the same material was provided. I was then taken out to lunch by one of the Managers, where we continued to discuss the industry along with various other general small talk.

I was told during the interviews, that a decision on the role would be made by the beginning of September. I promptly sent a follow-up email to the entire group thanking them for their time and consideration. Almost 3-weeks after the on-site visit and into the 2nd week of September, I had still not heard back. I was a bit discouraged by this lack of communication, as to this point it was very professional and attentive. I then decided to force the issue and send an email to my original contact, Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant, who then responded several days later that I didn't get the job, but that I should be proud of the fact that I was invited and should have a sense of accomplishment that I managed to Impress a tough search team.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview process was surface and none of the interviewees really challenged me on technical questions - this could have be out of respect for my current level and/or that the expectation for the role was more personal presentation and documentation then strictly technical responsibilities. The most unexpected question was during the first round of calls where I was expected to provide a detailed expectation of what I thought the position I was applying for entailed. I answered this question based on the job description and what I know about performing pre-sales responsibilities from previous experience and was then told that I was accurate in my assessment.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Was initially contacted by a Technical Recruiter by email to discuss about find out the best times to call. After talking on the phone with the recruiter, an appointment to talk to a member of the team was made. The member talked about the product, asked about my projects, and asked a couple basic technical questions.

After that, the recruiter contacted me back about an in person interview. After scheduling the interview, the recruiter sent a schedule of the interview along with who I was meeting. The interview was with five members of the engineering team and the recruiter in 1 on 1 sessions. They talked about the product if needed and asked about my projects and only one of the members gave technical questions. They told me that they will contact me back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. They are mostly interested on what I did in my projects.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview

Initial interview with a recruiter. Some basic questions about the past experience and future goals.
    In person interview with 3-4 developer and 1-2 people of the management stuff. Question range form basic technology ones to solving some technical problems.
    People were very friendly and respectful. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much a standard interview process and questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer matched my expectations. I did not try to negotiate.

Marketing (Traffic Management) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Two phone calls with HR. One phone call from the hiring manager, another call with a department manager. One two hour interview with four people. Never heard back from Avid.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

HR, hiring manager interview, senior management interview, offer, negotiation, acceptance.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to turn our negative customer perception around?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avid Technology (Tewksbury, MA).

Interview

The HR process is exceedingly slow. The recruiters do not return emails or phone calls. I applied for a job that I did not get and could not get anyone in HR to talk to me. When I actually got them on the phone and asked about the status, they would tell me that they would have to call me back, but never did. Repeatedly. I had to call the hiring manager to find out the position was filled.
    For the job I did get, the process took months.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer started swearing and yelling out of the blue, then asked me how I would deal with a customer acting in that fashion.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was with the Subject Matter experts., for 4 hrs with 6 people was hoping to get back to me.., but went with other candidate..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your current job   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Avid Technology (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I was referred to the person to whom I would report (Paul Brack). I met with Paul Brack over coffee and he was great! Then I was referred to his boss Kurt Krinke. Kurt Krinke spoke to me briefly over the phone but did not return my emails requesting an in-person meeting. I believe Kurt had already selected the person he wanted. My understanding is the person who got the job had a software sales background, not a marketing and post-production background like mine.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with maintaining a sales quota?   Answer Question