Avid Technology

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

Senior Principal Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview Details – Initial interview with a recruiter. Some basic questions about the past experience and future goals.
In person interview with 3-4 developer and 1-2 people of the management stuff. Question range form basic technology ones to solving some technical problems.
People were very friendly and respectful. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much a standard interview process and questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer matched my expectations. I did not try to negotiate.

Marketing (Traffic Management) Interview

Marketing (Traffic Management)
Burlington, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview Details – Two phone calls with HR. One phone call from the hiring manager, another call with a department manager. One two hour interview with four people. Never heard back from Avid.

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very Fast

Interview Question – How can you change the negative perception of our company?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avid Technology in January 2013.

Interview Details – HR, hiring manager interview, senior management interview, offer, negotiation, acceptance.

Interview Question – How are you going to turn our negative customer perception around?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Avid Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – Excrutiangly slow and frustrating process. Started with HR screen, followed by phone, then MULTIPLE in-person interviews. Over 12 interviews all together. Sadly, a very inept HR department, with little interest in returning phone calls or giving status updates. Pre-employment background check is run by a bunch of idiots, so be prepared! It's run by outsourced workers, who made some glaring errors.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – First contact: HR phone call (15min). ask about salary expectations. not so much into my experience however it is an opportunity to demonstrate communication skills
Second contact: Hiring mgr phone call (30 min): talked about the position and touched on some items in the resume.
Third contact: Hiring manager and two other team members for in person interviews (30 to 45 min each) very traditional interview, talk about experiences, the position, some questions on how to handle specific situations (difficult customer, conflicting priorities, etc.)

Interview Question – Be prepared with all the basic questions starting with overview of your resume to your career objective   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This phase is handled by HR person. Most benefits are already defined and negotiation is limited to salary and bonus.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Tewksbury, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview Details – The HR process is exceedingly slow. The recruiters do not return emails or phone calls. I applied for a job that I did not get and could not get anyone in HR to talk to me. When I actually got them on the phone and asked about the status, they would tell me that they would have to call me back, but never did. Repeatedly. I had to call the hiring manager to find out the position was filled.
For the job I did get, the process took months.

Interview Question – The interviewer started swearing and yelling out of the blue, then asked me how I would deal with a customer acting in that fashion.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avid Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – Show your enthusiasm for working with these products and this company. Research the company and don't be afraid to ask about the company's direction and where they see themselves in five years.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your previous manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was done through the company recruiter. I had prior experience so negotiation went smooth.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was with the Subject Matter experts., for 4 hrs with 6 people was hoping to get back to me.., but went with other candidate..

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience at your current job   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Avid Technology in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the person to whom I would report (Paul Brack). I met with Paul Brack over coffee and he was great! Then I was referred to his boss Kurt Krinke. Kurt Krinke spoke to me briefly over the phone but did not return my emails requesting an in-person meeting. I believe Kurt had already selected the person he wanted. My understanding is the person who got the job had a software sales background, not a marketing and post-production background like mine.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with maintaining a sales quota?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avid Technology

Worked for Avid Technology? Contribute to the Community!