Avid Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Was initially contacted by a Technical Recruiter by email to discuss about find out the best times to call. After talking on the phone with the recruiter, an appointment to talk to a member of the team was made. The member talked about the product, asked about my projects, and asked a couple basic technical questions.

After that, the recruiter contacted me back about an in person interview. After scheduling the interview, the recruiter sent a schedule of the interview along with who I was meeting. The interview was with five members of the engineering team and the recruiter in 1 on 1 sessions. They talked about the product if needed and asked about my projects and only one of the members gave technical questions. They told me that they will contact me back in about a week.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. They are mostly interested on what I did in my projects.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Initial interview with a recruiter. Some basic questions about the past experience and future goals.
    In person interview with 3-4 developer and 1-2 people of the management stuff. Question range form basic technology ones to solving some technical problems.
    People were very friendly and respectful. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much a standard interview process and questions.   Answer Question
    The offer matched my expectations. I did not try to negotiate.

Marketing (Traffic Management) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Two phone calls with HR. One phone call from the hiring manager, another call with a department manager. One two hour interview with four people. Never heard back from Avid.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in April 2011.

Very Fast

Interview Questions
    • How can you change the negative perception of our company?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avid Technology in January 2013.

HR, hiring manager interview, senior management interview, offer, negotiation, acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to turn our negative customer perception around?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Avid Technology in November 2011.

Excrutiangly slow and frustrating process. Started with HR screen, followed by phone, then MULTIPLE in-person interviews. Over 12 interviews all together. Sadly, a very inept HR department, with little interest in returning phone calls or giving status updates. Pre-employment background check is run by a bunch of idiots, so be prepared! It's run by outsourced workers, who made some glaring errors.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in March 2011.

First contact: HR phone call (15min). ask about salary expectations. not so much into my experience however it is an opportunity to demonstrate communication skills
    Second contact: Hiring mgr phone call (30 min): talked about the position and touched on some items in the resume.
    Third contact: Hiring manager and two other team members for in person interviews (30 to 45 min each) very traditional interview, talk about experiences, the position, some questions on how to handle specific situations (difficult customer, conflicting priorities, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared with all the basic questions starting with overview of your resume to your career objective   Answer Question
    This phase is handled by HR person. Most benefits are already defined and negotiation is limited to salary and bonus.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Avid Technology.

The HR process is exceedingly slow. The recruiters do not return emails or phone calls. I applied for a job that I did not get and could not get anyone in HR to talk to me. When I actually got them on the phone and asked about the status, they would tell me that they would have to call me back, but never did. Repeatedly. I had to call the hiring manager to find out the position was filled.
    For the job I did get, the process took months.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer started swearing and yelling out of the blue, then asked me how I would deal with a customer acting in that fashion.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avid Technology in March 2011.

Show your enthusiasm for working with these products and this company. Research the company and don't be afraid to ask about the company's direction and where they see themselves in five years.

Interview Questions
    It was done through the company recruiter. I had prior experience so negotiation went smooth.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in January 2012.

Interview was with the Subject Matter experts., for 4 hrs with 6 people was hoping to get back to me.., but went with other candidate..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience at your current job   View Answer

Worked for Avid Technology? Contribute to the Community!